Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2012 Azure Dynamics Ford Transit Connect (EV CARGO VAN!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am putting my transit connect electric cargo van for sale. I bought it "new" from the dealer in 2017. Only 1,000 miles on the clock. Not a typo.

• 29kWh battery - I get about 60 miles range
  • Way overbuilt Siemens induction motor
  • Azure Dynamics DMOC Inverter
  • Back up camera (really nice - I can reliably park within an inch of a vehicle at the rear)
  • Ultrasonic back up sensors
  • Dual sliding doors
  • Cruise Control

The van runs and drives great. Everything works, except the heater, which needs to be replaced (coils shorted)

I will include a windows XP laptop with the diagnostic software installed as well as the diagnostic tool.

Lots of pics below.
Asking $10,900 OBO
FULL RESOLUTION PICTURES HERE: Shared items 6-3-2018

W7u5elZ.jpg

7fhZwr3.jpg

dilLzHb.jpg

yOKYIuZ.jpg

h0veVaM.jpg

0xbbXCF.jpg

TjiJLxk.jpg

DLBofNM.jpg

Y03kIB4.jpg

g2gkQiz.jpg

IOCTnso.jpg

It's at 1,400 miles. I still drive it everyday, but only live 2 miles from work.
One of the BMS module boards is bad, so I parallel all 96 cells. and it runs off the other side BMS. So, it runs on full range except, at the moment:
(the van has two completely independent parallel packs from the factory)

--Turtle light on the dash

It came from the dealer this way, with the 1 BMS slave board failed, and this is the best solution - to just let it run off the other side, since it had two independent BMS from the factory anyway.
If another BMS slave board were to fail, unlikely, you could just swap over a good board from the other pack that's not being used. :) There are 16 of them in the car, just like a Model S, but only 8 good ones are needed.
I am working on unlocking the power via firmware changes on the inverter, but its drives fine to me. Does up to 80 on the freeway.

Last edited:
I guess I read into the air quotes, “new,” as a new car with warranty from 2017... maybe a demo car, etc.

At any rate, that establishes no warranty. Why didn’t the dealership fix it or why not get it fixed properly?

Azure dynamics has been out of businees for years, so no one to provide warranty repairs. These vehicles were sold by a Ford dealers, but they bought them from Azure Dynamics, not Ford.

GSP