Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2015 70D Obsidien Black Metallic/Black $62k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's his car he can ask whatever he wants for it. Why is this a concern to you?, if you don't like the price then move on.

Using your logic, why is what I say a concern to you? If you dont like what I say than move on. See how your logic sucks?

So let me answer your comment. Its a concern for both of us because I am in the market and he is trying to sell a car. If you can actually look at the statement at face value, I am offering the seller advice. I am saying if you want to move the car, you should probably price it at research based market value.

Based on your crap logic, if I see someone snorting glue, I should probably just move on and not take the 10 seconds to pull them aside to ensure they understand that doing such acts could lead to less than favorable things on their brain.

You are probably also one of the people on youtube videos that are a passer by that watches an old lady getting beat up by someone and just walk by because "should probably just move on"

Last edited:
Using your logic, why is what I say a concern to you? If you dont like what I say than move on. See how your logic sucks?

So let me answer your comment. Its a concern for both of us because I am in the market and he is trying to sell a car. If you can actually look at the statement at face value, I am offering the seller advice. I am saying if you want to move the car, you should probably price it at research based market value.

Based on your crap logic, if I see someone snorting glue, I should probably just move on and not take the 10 seconds to pull them aside to ensure they understand that doing such acts could lead to less than favorable things on their brain.

You are probably also one of the people on youtube videos that are a passer by that watches an old lady getting beat up by someone and just walk by because "should probably just move on"

WOW.

I agree with everyone else. If true, a $58k trade-in from BMW is a very, very good deal and you might consider taking it. At today's date, $58k would be a very fair private sale value for a model S in excellent condition (no dents, scratches, etc...).

s-l500.jpg

Here is a retail Tesla CPO
2015 85D 31,242 miles for $67,500
85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H21FFP71613 | Tesla

Yours is a 70D compared to an 85D so I would subtract 15K so we are at $52,500
You have 10K less miles so add 10K so we are at $62,500
This car also has Subzero Weather Package and Rear Facing Seats so I would subtract 2500 so we are at $60K
This car also comes with a new CPO warranty

Using the normal depreciation of $1000 a month and $1 per mile
$87,250 - $7500 federal rebate = $80K
- 12 Months @ $1000/month = $68000
- 20,000 miles @ $1/mile = $48,000

I think Tesla would offer you ~50K trade in and sell the car CPO for ~60K

Personally, I would look to private sale around $55K

GLWS

@Scott Rand : I just sold my 1yr old Model S 75 with 7600 miles at 15.155% depreciation from MSRP (of course, Tesla gave me a much lower trade-in). And I am not counting tax credits (that makes no sense...not everyone is eligible for the tax credit and it also varies from state to state). And if I was to account for the tax credits then the depreciation was well below 10%.

Don't let any of these nay-sayers let you hit a lowball bid. Even after the April price drop on the new cars, Teslas are retaining some of the best resale value among all cars.

It's not easy to sell an expensive car so be patient and market your car better. Those pictures don't do justice to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qbenjamin
I assume that online sales etiquette goes out the window on this forum. If you have a problem with the price, or want to offer advice, there's a way to do that in private. On many other forums, what some of you are doing is called "post dumping," and its usually a violation of forums rules (again, other forums I frequent).

To the OP, if your price is too high, you'll notice that there won't be questions about your listing and it'll just sit here.