Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS - 2016 Model S 90D Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have recommendations on where I should list this? I have it posted on a couple sites.

Looking for constructive criticism, too.

Thank you!

Try autotrader and eBay. If the price is not right, you won’t get interest. On eBay, you’ll get real offers. Some will probably be low but at least they’re real offers and you can adjust your price/expectations accordingly.

As mentioned vroom and carmax usually gets you a competitive/market offer.

Try autotrader and eBay. If the price is not right, you won’t get interest. On eBay, you’ll get real offers. Some will probably be low but at least they’re real offers and you can adjust your price/expectations accordingly.

As mentioned vroom and carmax usually gets you a competitive/market offer.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I just placed it on AutoTrader and will look at Ebay. Vroom came in low and I may take a drive by CarMax today, just to see what they can do.

http://teslainventory.teslastats.no/

EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings

These websites also serve as benchmarks. The ones above are inventory/new cars while the ones below are cpo cars. Both have full 4 year warranties which values at about $4k. Inventory cars also get a $7500 federal rebate and possibly another $2500 if you’re in CA. Not sure about other states.

You can extrapolate backwards and see if your price is competitive. I think from a buyer’s standpoint, if the prices are too close, a buyer will choose the cpo/inventory car 99% of the time.

Completely not true, Vroom, Carmax and most other dealers will offer you wholesale or close to it,otherwise how would they make any money.

True but not true. I have seen a couple listings on here sell to dealers because they were the best offer. Maybe TMC buyers are looking for deals or the dealer had mispriced their ‘wholesale’ price. You can be the judge. Vroom and carmax are significantly higher than the Tesla trade in offer. Even the Tesla reps admit to that.

Question becomes do you take the best offer from a dealer or wait out indefinitely for the extra couple thousand as the car depreciates. That’s the risk you take. Also the sept/oct q3 lease cpo dump is coming soon putting more downward pressure on your car. .....

Last edited:
True but not true. I have seen a couple listings on here sell to dealers because they were the best offer. Maybe TMC buyers are looking for deals or the dealer had mispriced their ‘wholesale’ price. You can be the judge. Vroom and carmax are significantly higher than the Tesla trade in offer. Even the Tesla reps admit to that.

Question becomes do you take the best offer from a dealer or wait out indefinitely for the extra couple thousand as the car depreciates. That’s the risk you take. Also the sept/oct q3 lease cpo dump is coming soon putting more downward pressure on your car. .....
I think Vroom pays quite a bit for Tesla’s. Their business model is very low markup, actually incredibly low markup on Tesla cars. Many posters on this site have shared what Vroom has paid for their Tesla cars and then they remarket with only around $2,000 markups. That is very little to cover expenses. If someone thinks Vroom is way too cheap then they may have too high of expectations, they pay a little less than retail but not much and it depends on what you think your time is worth waiting to sell. I just got a couple offers a few weeks ago for our X and was surprised with how much they would pay for a 10,000 mile car. After 179 depreciation I will have to pay tax on the profit by selling.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and CA_MD
There is a CPO metallic blue with 22k miles, leather seats for $68k. CPO comes with 4 years warranty. I know it's controversy to bring up CPO price in a for sale thread. But, CPO, Vroom, Carvana, ... should be a place to start the pricing if the intention is to sell the car. This is purely for a constructive feedback.

I, too, was disappointed with response on this forum, with Tesla offer, and from other online services’ offers ... but OK with my Vroom offer.

You might want to price here at Vroom + $4,000 ... and accept Vroom + $3,000 ...

That is a great idea and I will adjust accordingly. I have this car on quite a few different sites for 67k. I am definitely willing to negotiate with the folks on this forum and have had a few conversation. None that stick tho.

There is a CPO metallic blue with 22k miles, leather seats for $68k. CPO comes with 4 years warranty.

That is a pretty good price. The main difference between the CPO and my private sale is that you get to meet the owner. I'm hoping that the next owner will be someone who well take care of the vehicle as I did. Mine still has two more years of warranty and six more years on the powertrain. The next owner can purchase the extended warranty for a few thousand. Also the CPO will take a long time to be ready. From what I hear it could be weeks before you actually get into the car. My car is ready to meet its next owner. :)

Like I said, I'm willing to negotiate.

Can you send me a link to that metallic blue CPO?

That is a pretty good price. The main difference between the CPO and my private sale is that you get to meet the owner.
Like I said, I'm willing to negotiate.

Can you send me a link to that metallic blue CPO?

I tried attaching the link to the CPO list, but I don't seem to be able to do it properly :-(

No doubt buying from a private party who baby the car is a lot better. Look at CPO price alone, it certainly looks like a good deal. CPO car can be scratched up only being revealed after receiving pictures from SA. The problem is a potential buyer generally starts with looking at the price.

That is a pretty good price. The main difference between the CPO and my private sale is that you get to meet the owner. I'm hoping that the next owner will be someone who well take care of the vehicle as I did. Mine still has two more years of warranty and six more years on the powertrain. The next owner can purchase the extended warranty for a few thousand.
The 4 year extended warranty on an S is about $5100 with tax, I think it’s pretty pricey. The thing that kinda disappoints me with the Tesla Extended Warranties are that they carry a $200 deductible per occurrence and don’t cover as much as the original or CPO warranties. I have never bought a CPO but from what I have been told the CPO warranties are the same coverage as original warranties with no deductible. I have an auto dealership and can buy wholesale but IMO Tesla’s at auction are priced too high. I have been able to find great deals on private party used Tesla’s instead of CPO’S and our other Tesla’s we bought new so I’m just relaying CPO information I’ve read.

Adding window sticker I found.
IMG_20180902_102421.jpg