Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS - 2016 Model S 90D Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish it were that easy. I still owe money on the Tesla and it's right in around the 63.5 mark. there's no benefit to trading the car in as it won't satisfy the loan all the way. Plus I think Virginia will start charge you sales tax based on the sale value of the vehicle regardless of discounts given for trade in.

Oh, that sucks, on the sale tax front. In NY, we only have to pay tax on the different between the new car and the old car, regardless on money you owe. If your model 3 is 70K and your model S trade in value is 65K, you only need to pay tax on the 5K difference. In NY, that's over $5000 saving on tax!

Great price. It is a bit below kbb.com private sale price as well. I'm surprised it isn't selling now that it is in the low 60s as a previous poster mentioned. You've got to be getting down close to the Carmax or Vroom offers at this point.

Good luck with the sale! Wish I needed an S, but I love mine. I bought mine from a seller here on TMC and highly recommend getting a well taken care of car. This one has a warranty and is likely to be in much better shape than the average CPO since they stopped the refurb program.