Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2016 Model S P90D - must see

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. Too many miles, no air suspension, no ludicrous. This is a P85D, any 2015-2016 P90D/P90DL should be valued exactly like a P85D except the P85D+, which was manufactured from 12/2014-04/2015, are actually better than a P90D/DL. Most owners or potential buyers don’t know any better and assume it has to be better when it’s not.
I bet a dealership will not pay that. Unless he trades it in and they give him 42K so the taxes go towards next car but based on what prices are dropping too right now it’s not worth it. Prices are back to their lows of 2019 when stock was $100/per share and during 2020 when the prices of new Model S and X were dropping in price every month. It’s worth $40K in my opinion based on the options and miles. My friend has been showing me the prices of Tesla’s lately and they literally have plummeted. And it’s due to several reasons. High interest rates, cry baby liberals that literally want Tesla to fail now cause Elon owns Twitter that they will actually sell their Tesla’s and no demand for the Plaid S. That’s why used LR Model S are selling for more than Performance Models of the same year from Tesla. How does a car that was $20K+ less costs more? Trying to make a demand for Plaid’s by limiting the supply used MSP seems like the only logical explanation. Plus Tesla’s stock goes hand in hand with their cars values and their stock is at a low which is largely due too Twitter acquisition.
Well, the dealer is stoked it get it and bumped their offer by $500. It’s a nice car.

Reactions: cpaull
Well, the dealer is stoked it get it and bumped their offer by $500. It’s a nice car.
What are you waiting for? Or just post the offer cause I call BS. Look at your post, the people on here may have no knowledge or experience with how a shady car salesman works but I do and the post has every example of it, so I will give you that you have some experience selling cars but no dealer would buy a car that wouldn’t sell immediately for the price they paid. I guarantee if I called my friend that work at a huge luxury dealership he would offer below $40K.
And another red flag is that you’re saying he offered $500 more when the opposite would happen cause I think everyone can agree the price of Tesla’s has gone down since your initial post about what you were offered. The only way a dealer would do this is if he literally already has a buyer thats pre approved and may even signed or put a non refundable, refundable deposit. Meaning if the dealer gets the car it’s not refundable if he doesn’t than he will give the deposit back.
This is what the majority of dealers do that don’t work at a dealership. They charge a flat fee to buy friends, family and referrals a specific car at auction. The majority of them don’t have the capital to be buying several cars or they don’t have the knowledge or dedication to know their values to take the risk

What are you waiting for? Or just post the offer cause I call BS. Look at your post, the people on here may have no knowledge or experience with how a shady car salesman works but I do and the post has every example of it, so I will give you that you have some experience selling cars but no dealer would buy a car that wouldn’t sell immediately for the price they paid. I guarantee if I called my friend that work at a huge luxury dealership he would offer below $40K.
And another red flag is that you’re saying he offered $500 more when the opposite would happen cause I think everyone can agree the price of Tesla’s has gone down since your initial post about what you were offered. The only way a dealer would do this is if he literally already has a buyer thats pre approved and may even signed or put a non refundable, refundable deposit. Meaning if the dealer gets the car it’s not refundable if he doesn’t than he will give the deposit back.
This is what the majority of dealers do that don’t work at a dealership. They charge a flat fee to buy friends, family and referrals a specific car at auction. The majority of them don’t have the capital to be buying several cars or they don’t have the knowledge or dedication to know their values to take the risk
Dude…I don’t owe you anything. I’m taking it to the dealer in the morning. MMR $47k plus they pay buy fees. I was in the car business for 15 years. What I was waiting for was trying to sell it to someone else at retail. I’d be an idiot not to. But it’s going to the dealer tomorrow. You want me to show you a picture of the check? LOL. What do I have to gain by giving you or anyone else false info?

Reactions: buckets0fun
Also, this is an auto group that owns about a half dozen new franchise dealerships and probably a similar number of used car lots. They’ve got literally thousands of cars in inventory. Tons of EVs. For their advertising to buy and buying of used cars from folks like us they use driveo.com. You can go to driveo and get an offer…call the number after they text you an offer and you’ll see it’s a local dealer group that answers. They know what they’re doing. They sell a lot of Teslas. I’ll come back here and post a link to my same car for sale there after they get it up, which I’d guess will happen pretty quickly. Taking it down there at 10am today.

Also, this is an auto group that owns about a half dozen new franchise dealerships and probably a similar number of used car lots. They’ve got literally thousands of cars in inventory. Tons of EVs. For their advertising to buy and buying of used cars from folks like us they use driveo.com. You can go to driveo and get an offer…call the number after they text you an offer and you’ll see it’s a local dealer group that answers. They know what they’re doing. They sell a lot of Teslas. I’ll come back here and post a link to my same car for sale there after they get it up, which I’d guess will happen pretty quickly. Taking it down there at 10am today.
You don’t owe him anything buddy.. good luck with the sale/trade in

Well, I spent my last few minutes with her this morning and failed to think about it being the last time I'd drive it. I spent the drive up there consoling my crazy ex-wife who was bawling and blubbering about her crazy life. Should have taken time to enjoy that last drive. At any rate, the car is gone now. Dealer was stoked to get it, had a check waiting for me...I signed over the title, signed a Dealer Purchase Agreement, a Limited Power of Attorney and was out within 10 minutes.

That’s the dealer I sold it to and there’s the listing, in case any of the few people that reached out about it are interested (and to show the knucklehead I quoted that calling BS was BS itself).