Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2016 Model X 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And if the CIA considers your state residency personally identifiable information ?

Get a life. And try to remember that the VIN is visible to anybody who happens to walk by your car.

I'm not sure why you need to resort to telling me to get a life. I was asked why, and I'm providing an explanation. I didn't say you had to keep yours. That's your preference.

Reactions: copyhacker
Very strange behavior and flimsy reason to not give a consecutive build number. If someone is selling a vehicle, a buyer requesting the full VIN is a reasonable request. Asking for only 6 is way more than reasonable. Without a legitimate reason to not give the last six digits it wouldn't surprise me if this was the same car that had damage judging by the secretive behavior of the seller. Hopefully if it was really sold the buyer wasn't taken.

Last edited:
Very strange behavior and flimsy reason to not give a consecutive build number. If someone is selling a vehicle, a buyer requesting the full VIN is a reasonable request. Asking for only 6 is way more than reasonable. Without a legitimate reason to not give the last six digits it wouldn't surprise me if this was the same car that had damage judging by the secretive behavior of the seller. Hopefully if it was really sold the buyer wasn't taken.

While I respect people's right to privacy and you should be able to withhold any info you want (including the car color if you see fit), I also think there should be rules on TMC for listing a car for sale here. Had he listed this car on ebay, he would have been REQUIRED to list the VIN. Plain and simple fact is that the VIN is as important to know as the mileage. It also allows intererested parties to run a car report (autocheck, carfax, etc).

So to me, if you want to list your car here, post the VIN. If you don't want to post the VIN, that's your choice, you just can't list your car on this free service. Of course, that's JMHO.

That's just absurd. Keep in mind I masked the last 3 (and gave you the first 3) before you mentioned the car you saw. Feel free to search my previous posts as well as my order on the tracker for my Model S, my VIN has always masked the last 3.

That's not to mention if I really wanted to deceive, I could give you any random last 3 digits, the buyer would still get to verify in person when they saw the car or upon transfer; just like they did with my car when it sold, even with the masking.

You definitely don't have to agree with my behavior or even like it, but you're stretching for something else here. If you're that bitter about what Tesla did to you, go make a main post and request it to be stickied. Don't take it out on me.

That's just absurd. Keep in mind I masked the last 3 (and gave you the first 3) before you mentioned the car you saw. Feel free to search my previous posts as well as my order on the tracker for my Model S, my VIN has always masked the last 3.

That's not to mention if I really wanted to deceive, I could give you any random last 3 digits, the buyer would still get to verify in person when they saw the car or upon transfer; just like they did with my car when it sold, even with the masking.

You definitely don't have to agree with my behavior or even like it, but you're stretching for something else here. If you're that bitter about what Tesla did to you, go make a main post and request it to be stickied. Don't take it out on me.
What I said is not absurd at all. I'm certainly not the only person that agrees that it seems fishy not to disclose what someone is selling. You never gave the last six of the vin. Just saying it's very strange that someone is selling a car but hiding what they are selling. The other posters have a point that anyone can walk up to your car and read the vin but you post your car for sale but suggest that someone fly to see it to find out the Vin. That's absurd.