TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FS: 2016 Tesla Model X p100D 7 seaters San Diego, CA fully loaded

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by techne, Jun 6, 2017.

1. techne

techne Member

Hi everyone, I have a 2016 Tesla Model X P100D with 7 seaters and fully loaded in San Diego, CA for sale.

car have 5730 miles on it

it has a full Xpel wrap on the whole car as well as a carbon fiber TSportline front lip

I will upload more pictures soon

i paid $175,300 out the door for it

$165,950 before taxes

i am asking $145k FIRM for it

check upload for spec Capture.PNG

2. techne

techne Member

also unlimited supercharging included

3. alloverx

alloverx Member

selling because...?

4. hmmm

hmmm Member

5. techne

techne Member

selling because I ran into some financial situation with my business and need prioritized it.
    yeah, I actually have a lot more option =D

6. techne

techne Member

7. Xolt

Xolt Member

Not being critical of your firm price but you may have misinterpreted his comment. I think his point wasn't that it was the same car but that with a new one you can easily get more than a $20,000 discount, plus the $1000 referral and $7500 tax credit while also the getting the 179 tax incentives on a new one. Selling a used one you have to consider all those into the new cheaper options for a buyer. Good luck with your sale

8. techne

techne Member

Bump to $135k :)

9. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

That's gone. He's not competing with it any more. What was it?

10. hmmm

hmmm Member

That was exactly my point, ie unless you find a buyer who wants *exactly* the same options, you have to expect some people to be willing to settle for a "close enough" car if the price difference justify this "sacrifice" in their mind when everything else is taking into account (tax incentives etc). That's exactly what I did.

I was simply suggesting that you had to make sure to account for this dynamic rather than simply have a firm price derived from your perceived value of your car without (possibly) accounting for what's "out there" and I think you are as you've reduced your asking price.
    GLWS.

• Like x 1
  11. hmmm

hmmm Member

That was exactly my point, ie unless you find a buyer who wants *exactly* the same options, you have to expect some people to be willing to settle for a "close enough" car if the price difference justify this "sacrifice" in their mind when everything else is taking into account (tax incentives etc). That's exactly what I did...

I was simply suggesting that you had to make sure to account for this dynamic rather than simply have a firm price derived from your perceived value of your car without (possibly) accounting for what's "out there" and I think you are as you've reduced your asking price.
    GLWS.

12. techne

techne Member

13. techne

techne Member

14. hmmm

hmmm Member

It was a 1.0, 5 seater w/o pup and uhfs. It didn't last.

15. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

here's the details.. it's still available.
    The main issue is that it's a 5 seater, which seem to be highly discounted by Tesla when inventory cars
    Note: the car from Tesla is inventory, and eligible for $7500 tax credit (unlike resale car as in OP)

6,902 miles
    VIN# 026342

Located in Florida

$128,450

Features
    1. All-Wheel Drive
    2. Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    3. 20" Silver Helix Wheels
    4. Ultra White Seats
    5. Figured Ash Wood Décor
    6. Front Console
    7. Black Headliner
    8. Five Seat Interior
    9. Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
    10. Active Spoiler
    11. Enhanced Autopilot
    12. Smart Air Suspension

16. number12

number12 Active Member

That's because tesla will definitely redesign 5 seater with interior refresh. Do not want to get stuck with any.

17. hmmm

hmmm Member

Interesting, it was gone for a while...

18. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

just me - or is it poor eiquette to link to and list details of other cars in a FS thread.

Some general words of advice about price for sure; but listing competing vehicles is unfair to the OP

• Like x 1
  19. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

#18 Ulmo, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    I thought similar, but I played both sides of the fence by both continuing the downward pressure discussion and disagreeing with the downward price pressure with counterpoints that I thought gave it an upward price pressure, and some responses to me also agreed. (e.g., OP has Full Self Driving (maximum AP level) already included.)

20. hmmm

hmmm Member

My approach is/was that potential buyers and sellers both benefit from more efficient markets/additional information to settle on realistic expectations.

In that spirit, I have in the past flagged deals that were "too good to pass up" (i.e. underpriced) on here as this is how I found my current car thanks to another TMC member who did the same.

21. whitex

whitex Active Member

It's providing a concrete example for a comparable option, which is important when setting the price. Just saying "I found a similar car selling for much less" without providing any details would be worse, since there is no proof and/or the details are often important.

When one puts a FS ad on an open Internet forum, one should expect feedback, sometimes backed by facts, like what you are referring to, other times just unsubstantiated opinions. If you want no feedback, post it on ebay, or local classifieds. Posting on forums can be a double edge sword, though it could help the seller understand what is happening if the car is not selling and possibly correct for it.