Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS 2017 Model S 75D - FSD and FUSC - 39k miles - $52,500 OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone -

This is our first post but my husband and I have been long time lurkers on the forum (since 2016)! We are selling our 2017 Model S to make room for a MY that we have on order. There's nothing wrong with the car, but we need more room for the family and the MY fits that need better.

• This MS has FSD with the HW3 computer installed as well as Free Unlimited Supercharging for the life of the car (transferrable to new owner - Jan '17 build).
  • The battery has been "Uncorked" which increased acceleration and reduced 0-60 time from 5.2 seconds to 4.2 seconds.
  • MCU1 has not had any issues, but upgrade to MCU2 is confirmed available.
  • Clean history and title in hand (no financing liens).

Tesla is in excellent shape - always garaged and well cared for. Never any pets or smoking inside. 39,1xx miles of mostly highway driving.

Battery is in great condition - 246 miles on a full charge and 222 miles at 90%.

See our listing here. We are asking $52,500 OBO. Please message with offers - it must go by 11/3!

We're located in Pittsburgh, PA, but we would be willing to drive out to drop the car off if needed. Or a great

More photos available on request.

Thanks all!

Ashley and Dan

2017 Used Tesla Model S 75D. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

AP/FSD: – ( Enabled)
Autopilot – (Purchased)

Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.

Full Self-Driving Capability – ( Purchased )
Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the highway.
Auto-park: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.
Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
Automatic driving on city streets.

Dual Motor All Wheel-Drive
75kWh Battery
Tan Tesla Premium Seats
19” Slipstream Wheels
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
Premium Upgrades Package
Figured Ash Wood decor
Standard Suspension
Light Headliner

“Uncorked” 0-60 time has been reduced from 5.2 seconds to 4.2 seconds.

New Vehicle limited Warranty – ( Active until 01/2021)

Clean History and Title in Hand – (no 3rd party financing liens).
This vehicle has a clean history verified by a third party. CARFAX available on request.

Free Unlimited Supercharging (FUSC) – for the life of the car. Completely transferrable as this was delivered in January 2017!

Tesla is in excellent shape. Always garaged and well cared for. New rear tires installed 2k miles ago.

Build date was January 2017.

Vehicle is protected by the Tesla Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Battery and Drive Unit in the vehicle are covered for a period of 8 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.
I have both custom tan carpet and original Tesla mats and both keys come with it.

Tesla Passenger.jpg
Tesla Front.jpg
Tesla Driver.jpg
Tesla Back.jpg
Tesla Interior.jpg
Tesla Build Info.jpg

Reactions: augustdan
Hello,

I have been looking for a newer model S since i sold my car. I think the $50k is a decent price, however looking at Tesla's used inventory, there are 75D's with FSD that range from $46,000 to $49,000 with similar mileage and you would get an additional 4 year 50k warranty. Just my opinion and i am not saying that at the price of $50k will not sell.

I think Covid is probably having an effect too. I'm in the market for pretty much your identical car (2017, Blue, Tan seats, FSD) but everything is on the east coast or northern California. In normal times I would hop on a plane and fly out there and drive it back, but now I'm pretty much stuck with whatever is in like a 8 hour range or from Tesla itself.

Reactions: Looking4aS
Hello,

I have been looking for a newer model S since i sold my car. I think the $50k is a decent price, however looking at Tesla's used inventory, there are 75D's with FSD that range from $46,000 to $49,000 with similar mileage and you would get an additional 4 year 50k warranty. Just my opinion and i am not saying that at the price of $50k will not sell.

Thanks! I didn't realize, but I was only seeing limited Tesla inventory because of the delivery zip code that was entered. I see some of the stock that you mentioned, now. What I think is really interesting is that Tesla lists all of their 75D's with the 5.5 second 0-60. I wonder if they are purposefully "corking" these batteries as well as removing the unlimited Premium Connectivity and Free Unlimited Supercharging. Or maybe they are just covering themselves in case certain VIN's are not able to be un-corked after delivery.

Thanks! I didn't realize, but I was only seeing limited Tesla inventory because of the delivery zip code that was entered. I see some of the stock that you mentioned, now. What I think is really interesting is that Tesla lists all of their 75D's with the 5.5 second 0-60. I wonder if they are purposefully "corking" these batteries as well as removing the unlimited Premium Connectivity and Free Unlimited Supercharging. Or maybe they are just covering themselves in case certain VIN's are not able to be un-corked after delivery.
Yeah, I have also noticed they have been dropping prices on their cars recently as well. I had my eye on a 2016 75 with 28k miles on it with FSD an it was $48,400 2 weeks ago, they dropped it to $46,800 this week and it sold. I check every day and they have been playing a lot with their prices.

Yeah, I have also noticed they have been dropping prices on their cars recently as well. I had my eye on a 2016 75 with 28k miles on it with FSD an it was $48,400 2 weeks ago, they dropped it to $46,800 this week and it sold. I check every day and they have been playing a lot with their prices.

Yep. Tesla adds on a 4 year warranty, usually adds FSD as well.

Also they dropped the price on a new Tesla 3k this AM. That has to be factored in as well....

Reactions: GWord
How come this car has FSD?

Did you get a free hardware upgrade because you had paid for the FSD option when you purchased the car? If so, what parts were upgraded?

I'm asking because you say it was built in January 2017. AFAIK, FSD hardware was introduced in 2019. And even HW 2.5 was introduced only in 2018.

So I would think that your car, when you bought it, came with HW 2.0. But people say that HW 2.0 cannot be fully upgraded to 3.0, because it's not just the computer that's different, but also the radar, the cameras and the MCU. From what I've read, you can upgrade the computer and the cameras and the MCU. But whether the result will be able to run the FSD software when it comes out is still uncertain. That's what I've read. It would be great if it was wrong.

Thanks!

How come this car has FSD?

Did you get a free hardware upgrade because you had paid for the FSD option when you purchased the car? If so, what parts were upgraded?

This car has Full Self-Driving Capability as no Tesla's are capable of fully driving without the driver's input yet. Even the FSD Beta which turns on city streets, etc. still requires drivers to keep their hands on the wheel and be ready to take over at all times.

You are correct that this has HW2.0. It was then retrofitted with the HW3 FSD computer after it was released (see this link: Full Self-Driving Computer Installations ).

I believe there are two differences between this vehicle and the HW2.5 / HW3 vehicles, neither of which affects the ability to use the FSD feature set: 1) This car has MCU1 which can be upgraded to MCU2 if desired, and 2) the main camera records in a mono-chrome color instead of full color.

I've seen other threads which go into much more detail about what is included in HW2.0 / HW2.5 / HW3.0, etc. if you're interested.