Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2017 Model X P100D Ludicrous AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had Tesla look at that crack in the rocker panel? I have seen others with structural problems breaking in that area

Attachments

• A15B8BE0-528E-47C4-B597-2CE75BD7A110.jpeg
    A15B8BE0-528E-47C4-B597-2CE75BD7A110.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 89
That’s been debunked apparently it’s just a paint filler not structural failure ...there is thread here where body shop just adds more filler
Wouldn’t be too sure about that, I’ve got a body shop and I know you can hide things if that is the intention. Tesla like everyone else uses seal sealer on non cosmetic seams. Seam sealer is so flexible and strong that it is hard to get off. Of course you can cover anything with it but why is it flexing enough to crack it in the first place. I checked mine when I first heard about it and nothing but I still watch them. One of the amazing things about the X’s are the 2 huge holes in the sides of the car. The car has to be very ridged and yet still has Falcon wing doors, it’s an amazing achievement they don’t crack.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Wouldn’t be too sure about that, I’ve got a body shop and I know you can hide things if that is the intention. Tesla like everyone else uses seal sealer on non cosmetic seams. Seam sealer is so flexible and strong that is hard to get off. Of course you can cover anything with it but why is it flexing there to crack it in the first place. I checked mine when I first heard about it and nothing but I still watch them.

Ok let me check mine too lol

Wouldn’t be too sure about that, I’ve got a body shop and I know you can hide things if that is the intention. Tesla like everyone else uses seal sealer on non cosmetic seams. Seam sealer is so flexible and strong that it is hard to get off. Of course you can cover anything with it but why is it flexing enough to crack it in the first place. I checked mine when I first heard about it and nothing but I still watch them. One of the amazing things about the X’s are the 2 huge holes in the sides of the car. The car has to be very ridged and yet still has Falcon wing doors, it’s an amazing achievement they don’t crack.
I just reread my comment and I see auto correct changed "seam sealer" to "seal sealer" and I can’t go back and correct it. It’s seam sealer.