Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2018 Model 3 LR AWD with FSD, Acceleration Boost (Denver)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forum is limiting me to 10 uploaded photos.

For sale: 2018 Model 3, Dec 2018 build date. 12/28/2018 in-service date for warranty countdown. Bought and lives in Denver, CO.

14.863 miles as of this morning. Photos are from this morning, similarly.

Long Range AWD, midnight silver, 18" Aero wheels. Black premium interior (so with HomeLink in particular). Originally delivered with EAP and HW2.5. Post-delivery options of FSD (with HW3.0 upgrade completed March 11, 2020) and Acceleration Boost. Pay per use Supercharging--I have 5,000 miles free, iirc, but I don't think those follow the car but rather my account.

Extras: Has nearly brand new Nokian Hakka R3 snow tires on it, and will also include the bagged (but unmounted) original all-seasons. Also has the OEM Tesla all-season floor mats all around.

Caveats: A few tiny chips in the paint reflecting normal use. Again, photos are from this morning so if you can't see them that demonstrates their size. There's some likely tree sap stuck on the lower left of the car at the moment that didn't come off in the carwash last night. Superficial scuffs on the glovebox from me sticking my ski bag in the front passenger footwell. There's a lien on the car and in this current market I do not want to withdraw money from investments to pay it off outright prior to sale, so the transaction would either involve an escrow outfit or some trust/ample documentation. (Lien is through DCU, so no branches local to me at all.) The bumper cover was replaced and the left fender repaired after a minor accident, but again these photos are from this very morning.

Pricing: to replicate this new today would be $57,990, plus destination I believe. FSD will likely be hiked $1k come July 1 if Elon's word is to be taken, fwiw. So as an opening salvo let's see if $47,990 sounds reasonable, shall we?

IMG_2692.JPEG
IMG_2693.JPEG
IMG_2694.JPEG
IMG_2695.JPEG
IMG_2696.JPEG
IMG_2697.JPEG
IMG_2698.JPEG
IMG_2699.JPEG
IMG_2700.JPEG
IMG_2701.JPEG

Idle bump. A bit over 15k miles on it now. All seasons are back mounted, the Nokians bagged in the shed. Traffic control and stop sign detection working like it should, replete with annoying limitation of Autosteer to the speed limit.

The closest equivalent to a new one like this would be $56,190 less any state EV rebates/credits. Colorado, where the OP is, appears to have a $4,000 credit right now for new EVs which could bring the price down to $52,190 for a resident of that state.

However, the seller's asking price seems to be fairly inline with what Tesla is seeking for similar cars with similar miles. An example: 2018 Model 3 | Tesla

Reactions: Rmf1981
Also note that Tesla's trade-in offer for this very car is $43,000. Accounting for the sales tax benefit on a trade-in that's worth just under $47k in my city and county.

I'm in no hurry to sell if indeed I'm going to sell, and the economic climate for many has been rather bleak the last few months.

To duplicate this new would be $56,990 + destination + TTL, as far as I can tell from the configurator. Note FSD and Acceleration Update alike, the latter of which isn't in the configurator.

Reactions: Rmf1981
Also note that Tesla's trade-in offer for this very car is $43,000. Accounting for the sales tax benefit on a trade-in that's worth just under $47k in my city and county.
Assuming your trade quote hasn't "expired" (some have talked about getting much lower trade offers from Tesla recently versus what they were offered just a month or two ago) then clearly there would be no financial benefit to sell privately for less than trade value + sales tax advantage if you're actually looking to trade @ Tesla..

Sorry I missed FSD. I do wonder if the acceleration boost is really going to net you a higher price though. I would put it a category similar to aftermarket mods.

I believe the LR AWD "acceleration boost” is $2k and increases 0-60 times by about half of a second (4.4 sec to 3.9 sec). Whether or not it's worth it will depend on the buyer and, of course, it could always be added later to LR AWD cars without it.

Assuming your trade quote hasn't "expired" (some have talked about getting much lower trade offers from Tesla recently versus what they were offered just a month or two ago) then clearly there would be no financial benefit to sell privately for less than trade value + sales tax advantage if you're actually looking to trade @ Tesla..
May 20 trade-in quote, good for 1 month.

The thing is I don't really want a different Tesla at this point.

What I have now is this 3, a Land Cruiser, and a Pacifica Hybrid. (3 kids, bike + ski habits, and a fondness for things made in the Tahara plant.) The wife loves her minivan so it's not going anywhere unless replaced by something functionally equivalent.

Ideally I'd have a BEV minivan and one vehicle that'd affordably replace the Land Cruiser and 3 alike: handle the 3 kids, be electric/ski capable and fun. A 3 row Y might do it but is kind of small, and isn't available yet to boot. A Cybertruck would likely do it but isn't out yet and is about 12" shorter than my garage to garage door measurement. I have no desire for an egg-like, expensive X.

If I sold the 3 somehow I'd probably just stick with the Land Cruiser, as it certainly handles everything except for being gasoline and slow. If no one bites, as seems the case in this climate, then I'll either continue with my 3 car stable or perhaps end up with a dual motor Cybertruck if parking it isn't too much of a burden.