Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS 2018 Model S100D, FSD, low miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What stops someone from getting a new one for $79k? For extra $60 a month or the same monthly payment (due to lower financing rates on a new car compared to a used one). I understand no FSD but that’s not like FSD isn’t something that’s over promised and under delivered so far.

What stops someone from getting a new one for $79k? For extra $60 a month or the same monthly payment (due to lower financing rates on a new car compared to a used one). I understand no FSD but that’s not like FSD isn’t something that’s over promised and under delivered so far.
You can always use that logic to not buy a cheaper used car. For $10K more, you can get a newer used car.

The market decides. All the used Tesla's sold by Tesla are more expensive compared to this one.

The new models is just 80k and has longer range. Plus tax incentive in different states. If Biden ev federal tax get passed this year, there will be more. I don’t know why people spending 65k on this used model s now instead of buying a brand new one. And 65k is actually a tri motor cybertruck. I would buy new one just for the range increase.

I can imagine when new ev federal rebates get passed. The used tesla market will have a huge price drop. For example, you could save 15k in tax buying a new long ranged model3 in NJ. If you really want to sell the car, drop the price before this happens.

On the other hand, Tesla has no trouble selling used Model S vehicles in that price range.

I am open to reasonable offers. What do you think is a fair price?
The new model s has 412miles est range, the 2018 models 100d has 335 est range according to google. that is around 80 miles range difference. I would take this 80 miles as 10k in cash.(for example model 3 standard vs model 3 long range ). So 70k should be a brand new tesla with 335 miles range. I think the performance is the same between these two models.(correct me if I am wrong). you have some add-up options, but the new models has better interiors. I don't want to give a price as I am not going to buy, but you probably can add a few thousand dollars over its trade in value.

On the other hand, Tesla has no trouble selling used Model S vehicles in that price range.

I am open to reasonable offers. What do you think is a fair price?

As someone in the market for a P100D, I am not sure I'd settle for a S100D. I am also not interested in AP/FSD, persay, so I don't attribute any value there despite both costing $$$. I don't drive much (no commute), and when I do drive it's not when everyone else is.

With that said, you asked what a fair price is and not what I was interested in. A fair price could be $70k. You have the car listed in a number of places now. Have you received any offers? I suspect no one has even offered $65k (yet)?

I would drive up and buy it from you, but we are way too far apart on price, and it's not exactly what I want. I'm looking for a P100D, and the last one I saw was a 2016, 30k miles, FUSC, FC, Ludicrous, MCU2, AP2 (I think...I forget) in just as clean condition as yours. That sold for $57k a few weeks ago...and it sold the same day it was listed (Craigslist).

I am sure if you wait long enough, whatever that translates to, you will sell yours for the $65k you were initially expecting.

As someone in the market for a P100D, I am not sure I'd settle for a S100D. I am also not interested in AP/FSD, persay, so I don't attribute any value there despite both costing $$$. I don't drive much (no commute), and when I do drive it's not when everyone else is.

With that said, you asked what a fair price is and not what I was interested in. A fair price could be $70k. You have the car listed in a number of places now. Have you received any offers? I suspect no one has even offered $65k (yet)?

I would drive up and buy it from you, but we are way too far apart on price, and it's not exactly what I want. I'm looking for a P100D, and the last one I saw was a 2016, 30k miles, FUSC, FC, Ludicrous, MCU2, AP2 (I think...I forget) in just as clean condition as yours. That sold for $57k a few weeks ago...and it sold the same day it was listed (Craigslist).

I am sure if you wait long enough, whatever that translates to, you will sell yours for the $65k you were initially expecting.
No price would be good enough for you, since you are not looking for the 100D, and that's OK. Seems like you don't place value on the low miles and the 2 years of warranty. Or the options like FSD, the red color ($2.5K option) or the wheels.

I am not in any hurry to sell. I have a trade-in offer from Tesla that is higher than $60K, and we all know how stingy Tesla is. I don't think Tesla values FSD on trade-in's either. Actually, I have come to enjoy FSD. If Tesla can let us transfer FSD from trade-in to a new purchase, I'll sell it to Tesla in a heart beat.

Reactions: TwistedGray
No price would be good enough for you, since you are not looking for the 100D, and that's OK. Seems like you don't place value on the low miles and the 2 years of warranty. Or the options like FSD, the red color ($2.5K option) or the wheels.
Tesla's trade-in offer also implies you will be purchasing another $100k+ vehicle (or maybe you downgrade?). Either way, you don't leave with a check in the amount of $60-65k. There is a price that would be good enough for me, but it would not be good enough for you.

Most of the value I personally would put on the car reside in the warranty and access to FUSD. I know I won't own another Tesla out of warranty, and I have no way to functionally charge at home. If the at-home charging situation was resolved then I'd probably put a higher emphasis on the warranty and not much else. With that said, I have not experienced AP/FSD in a Tesla, so it's possible that I just don't know what I'm missing. Without the same general wear-and-tear maintenance costs, I think most Tesla buyers don't mind "higher" mileage. I don't treat mileage on an EV with the same disdain as I do an ICE vehicle.

ps: you can "transfer" your FUSC to a new owner.

Tesla's trade-in offer also implies you will be purchasing another $100k+ vehicle (or maybe you downgrade?). Either way, you don't leave with a check in the amount of $60-65k. There is a price that would be good enough for me, but it would not be good enough for you.

Most of the value I personally would put on the car reside in the warranty and access to FUSD. I know I won't own another Tesla out of warranty, and I have no way to functionally charge at home. If the at-home charging situation was resolved then I'd probably put a higher emphasis on the warranty and not much else. With that said, I have not experienced AP/FSD in a Tesla, so it's possible that I just don't know what I'm missing. Without the same general wear-and-tear maintenance costs, I think most Tesla buyers don't mind "higher" mileage. I don't treat mileage on an EV with the same disdain as I do an ICE vehicle.

ps: you can "transfer" your FUSC to a new owner.
Tesla's trade-in value applies to another Tesla vehicle purchase. Not sure why you think I would be buying a $100K+ car, but I like the way you think.😄

BTW, the battery has a limited mileage warranty, and it is only waranteed for 8 years. Batteries degrade with usage. So, mileage is important.

Are they 2018's? Warranty? FSD? Devil is in the details.

I found at least 14 S100D's on Craigslist, but here are a few to compare to if you want... (there were a few in the mid-50's but they certainly don't have FSD and they were 2017 with 20-40k miles)

Those are a few "comparable" cars since you were asking. I think at least one of those has FSD ;)

Tesla's trade-in value applies to another Tesla vehicle purchase. Not sure why you think I would be buying a $100K+ car, but I like the way you think.😄

BTW, the battery has a limited mileage warranty, and it is only waranteed for 8 years. Batteries degrade with usage. So, mileage is important.

Would you rather have money in the bank or another Tesla in the driveway? Yes, I am aware of battery degradation and failure which is why I won't own another Tesla out of warranty.

I found at least 14 S100D's on Craigslist, but here are a few to compare to if you want... (there were a few in the mid-50's but they certainly don't have FSD and they were 2017 with 20-40k miles)

Those are a few "comparable" cars since you were asking. I think at least one of those has FSD ;)

Would you rather have money in the bank or another Tesla in the driveway? Yes, I am aware of battery degradation and failure which is why I won't own another Tesla out of warranty.
I don't see anything comparable in the 3 vehicles linked. The last one is a 2017. The middle one is a 2016 (based on VIN), and the first one does not have FSD.

The first one has low miles, but not sure when warranty expires. That may or may not have MCU2. I bought mine in May 2019, and it was built in December 2018.

I am going to get another Tesla for sure.

Reactions: TwistedGray
Just a heads up: Model S built before Mar 2018 probably have MCU1. That can be upgraded to MCU2, for $2.5K. It is a big difference.

Only cars built after March 2019 have the AP3 hardware, unless equipped with FSD. The visualization is noticeably better with AP3.

Most ads do not display these details.
I appreciate the comment on the MCU2. I kinda like the concept of the apps and functionality. I thought it was $1,500-$2,000, so thanks for that information!

Also, I've read anecdotal information that AP1 is better than AP2, but I hadn't heard thoughts on compared to AP1.

Good points all around - appreciated.