TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FS: 55k - Titanium Model S 90D 2016 AP1 - Fully Loaded - PLEASE READ BEFORE MSG - 42k Miles

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by JackHoward93, Jul 26, 2018.

1. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

Hello everyone! I hope you're doing well!

I recently brought another model S- Yay! Tesla family! I am looking to sell my Titanium S- You may have seen me post earlier in the month however slowly stopped responding. I realized that it is better to post the car when I actually intend to sell it...

DISCLOSURE: CAR IS FACTORY BRANDED, motor has then been replaced. Feel free to come by for a test drive! .... I put 20k miles on the car since I brought it- I love it so much!

Car has no dents, dings, or scratches, that includes curb rash.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    - Car has frontal Xpel wrap.
    - Ceramic coated as well for sap, and bird poop resistance.
    - Supercharging is free for lifetime of the car transferrable.
    - CAR STILL RETAINS 50k 4 YEAR LIMITED BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY, AND 8 YEAR BATTERY AND DRIVE TRAIN WARRANTY and is TRANSFERABLE TO NEW OWNER!
    - Also has rear facing seats for those interested...
    - Exclusive combo, no longer does Tesla offer gray interior, with titanium color!
    - NO ACCIDENTS! [​IMG]:)

Thank you! Have a great day! Feel free to ask for questions, and pictures!

A walk around video!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dA0h_0706E

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. TheCat

TheCat New Member

Nice car! Where are you located?

3. Fobble

Fobble Member

His Location says Sunnyvale, Bay Area

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

5. cellphonechris

Are you able to purchase an ESA for this vehicle with the branded title?

6. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

Price is 55k.

I am not able to purchase the ESA for this vehicle. Remainder of warranty will be transferred however. Thank you.

7. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

Also yes sunnyvale

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Also dumb question what does “factory branded” mean ??

9. cellphonechris

Most likely, it means Tesla had to buy the vehicle back under the lemon law. I've seen threads where this needed to be done due to parts backlogs, as lemon law requires qualifying issues to be resolved in a specific time frame. The OP states that a motor was replaced afterwards, but I don't want to make any assumptions. I'll leave it up to the owner to tell the back story.

While a branded title likely isn't as bad as salvage/rebuilt - there are still implications. I don't believe Tesla has restrictions on service or supercharging, but buyers may have complications with financing /insuring this vehicle. Since it is also ineligible for the ESA, there are some risks associated that should factor into the price.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. cellphonechris

I should also say that the car appears to be in great condition, and is well-optioned. I'd want a clean bill of health from Tesla, but if the issue was simply a motor replacement that they couldn't get done on time, I wouldn't have reliability concerns compared to any other car with the same build sheet.

The challenge is determining what the car's true value is with the branded title, and I'd look to have it appraised somehow to determine what would be a fair buying price. Could be a great deal for someone looking to drive the car for it's lifetime.

• Informative x 1
  11. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

A branded title is always worth less than a clean title car. It is up to the buyer and seller to discuss the facts of this and agree to an appropriate discount to counterbalance the title issue.

In this case, seller hopes a rare and no longer available configuration will partially offset the title issue.\

Branded titles vehicles are bought and sold every day.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

Thank you. Extremely thorough but correct. Car was waiting for motor for three months while being leased...

• Informative x 1
  13. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

We c

I'll be more than happy to get an inspection!!

14. Fobble

Fobble Member

Besides valued less, some insurance companies do not insure branded vehicle. That should be checked up front

15. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

That would be rare. I have made several rebuilds and never was rejected by insurance. Now, I will grant you, some companies don't want to insure Tesla's new or otherwise.

16. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

Not quite sure about this. I have progressive and was able to get a quote through all major insurers.

17. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

Have you exhausted your effort to do this? I would fight hard since this is a factory branded title. One or two generalized no's from Tesla workers would not measure up for me to accept as gospel. Of course, I do not know what effort you have expended on trying to get one.

18. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

Hello I am an employee and asked the program manager of the program. Thank you!

• Informative x 1
  19. JackHoward93

JackHoward93 Member

20. DanCar

DanCar Member

What do you do for Tesla? When does the bumper to bumper warranty expire?