Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Brand new Trunk Side Storage Bins for Model Y (with Carpeted Libs, OEM Style)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought this trunk storage bins from Teslarati this month (January 2023) for my model Y 2023 build. I cannot return it because it cost more to ship the bin from Maryland to Carlifornia that what i paid for it.
The right side lid WILL NOT fit. Turns out that this is designed or compatible with 2023-2021 Model Y 7-Seat and 2022-2020 Model Y 5-Seat (built before April 2022.)

If anyone is in Maryland and is interested, I can meet you somewhere in public and sell it cheap to you.

I bought this trunk storage bins from Teslarati this month (January 2023) for my model Y 2023 build. I cannot return it because it cost more to ship the bin from Maryland to Carlifornia that what i paid for it.
The right side lid WILL NOT fit. Turns out that this is designed or compatible with 2023-2021 Model Y 7-Seat and 2022-2020 Model Y 5-Seat (built before April 2022.)

If anyone is in Maryland and is interested, I can meet you somewhere in public and sell it cheap to you.
Do you have pics or a link I can view?

Do you have pics or a link I can view?
I am so sorry for the late response, but here are some pictures.

20230127_165131.jpg

20230127_165114.jpg

20230127_165043.jpg

Thanks- I reread your post and I am confused. You bought it for your 2023 model and it is designed for 2023-2021 model Y 7 seat. I would be interested for 2023 7 seater- does it fit that or not? Also where in MD are you roughly?
Ok, let me explain it a different way. My 2023 Model Y that was built sometime in November of 2022, this bin (just the right lid) does not fit. You will have to cut/shave off the top right portion for this to fit. I didn't realize this and only noticed it once i got a different bin. I looked at both lid and lined it up and i can see that the first one definitely needs to be shaved off for it to fit.

From my understanding, if you have a 2021-2022 model Y or a model that was built before November of 2022 it should fit.

I am in Upper Marlboro MD but we can meet somewhere if you are interested.

Ok, let me explain it a different way. My 2023 Model Y that was built sometime in November of 2022, this bin (just the right lid) does not fit. You will have to cut/shave off the top right portion for this to fit. I didn't realize this and only noticed it once i got a different bin. I looked at both lid and lined it up and i can see that the first one definitely needs to be shaved off for it to fit.

From my understanding, if you have a 2021-2022 model Y or a model that was built before November of 2022 it should fit.

I am in Upper Marlboro MD but we can meet somewhere if you are interested.
Thanks for the clarification, I will pass as the model Y is brand new this week.

Telsa changed some design and hence the older 2020-2021 version is no longer compatible. I found this one, make sure to choose July 2022 option for Model Y 2023

Check out the https://amzn.to/3KQnkhK

Its from the OtriFowd store on Amazon.com

Make sure to copy the link and paste on the browser. The redirect function from this website is not working, when you click the link