Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Compression arms w MPP caster adjustable bearings & OEM compression bushing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling left and right lower compression control arms from Model 3. They have the MPP caster adjustable bearings pressed in. Used for 5 months. The right arm is original OEM arm with <40k miles, the left shinier arm was a replacement with <5k miles. The extra caster is great for handling but I’m tired of the NVH for daily driving really bumpy roads. $250
6F0BD206-B1DA-4D95-9219-C56A1A8F6D1F.jpeg

I also have a spare OEM style rubber compression bushing. Cheaper than buying a whole new arm if you have one torn. $40
4BA9F2AC-B0BD-4469-BD75-0B76D5445154.jpeg

Attachments

• 0445D24F-1378-44A6-93FC-307BCA0036C8.jpeg
    0445D24F-1378-44A6-93FC-307BCA0036C8.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 126
Selling left and right lower compression control arms from Model 3. They have the MPP caster adjustable bearings pressed in. Used for 5 months. The right arm is original OEM arm with <40k miles, the left shinier arm was a replacement with <5k miles. The extra caster is great for handling but I’m tired of the NVH for daily driving really bumpy roads. $250
View attachment 804787

I also have a spare OEM style rubber compression bushing. Cheaper than buying a whole new arm if you have one torn. $40
View attachment 804788
I know these have sold already and I hate to bother you but I'm surprised to hear that this bushing actually introduces extra nvh. Could you clarify just exactly how much the ride was deteriorated?

Reactions: Bennny
Specifically clunks when rebounding on cracks in the pavement especially on a stretch of road I have to drive to work every day. Never an issue on smooth pavement or highways. I’m 100% certain it’s the bushings as I wasted plenty of time and money playing guess and swap mechanic. My hypothesis is that with these you have nothing holding the arm in a stationary position Big bumps can make the whole arm flop between the stops on either the ball joint or spherical bushings.

Specifically clunks when rebounding on cracks in the pavement especially on a stretch of road I have to drive to work every day. Never an issue on smooth pavement or highways. I’m 100% certain it’s the bushings as I wasted plenty of time and money playing guess and swap mechanic. My hypothesis is that with these you have nothing holding the arm in a stationary position Big bumps can make the whole arm flop between the stops on either the ball joint or spherical bushings.
Many thanks!

Where did you buy the OE compression arms? I think I am about to go back as well. I have the same exact noise and diagnostic headache with these. The last auto x seems to have made it worse also. It is like the bearing breaks in and more easily flops between it's limits on slow speed rough road.

Sketch of my hypothesis. Should be no degradation of function, but could be where nvh comes from.

View attachment 816162

Thank you for the explanation! I was trying to resolve the issue with the mechanics but had no luck (we thought it was an installation issue... lots of $$$ and time were spent as a result). The final solution was to replace it with the OEMs.

In Hong Kong, we have uneven mountain roads everywhere and the *LOUD* clunking noise drove me crazy and freaked my passengers out. I wish MPP could explain the cause of the NVH better/in detail on their website.

The whole MPP Caster experience was pretty frustrating, considering the rest of their offerings are amazing.