Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS Dec 2014 P85D 17,6xx Miles, Northern CA Sierra Foothills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With very mixed feelings have decided to list for sale, and starting here because of the knowledgeable people that belong. I want my car to go someone else who will appreciate it for what it is--the best driving enthusiast's Model S. Looked long and hard for this car because I wanted the early P85D only made for a few months from late 2014 to around April 2015. As many people on this site will know cars made during that window were basically P85D+'s with a much better suspension for anyone who loves to drive the twisty roads. Staggered 21" wheels, larger sway bars and more, this car has amazing handling!

The car is in excellent shape, always garaged, never seen snow, and hardly seen rain. No accidents, not even parking lot dings--just a bit of urb rash. I"m the second owner, bought it in June of last year. Original warranty good until December 2018, of course battery and drive train warranty till 100,000 miles or December 2022.

Why am I selling? Three reasons--embarking on a professional venture and will be better to have the capital tied up in the car (no loan); I've got a Model 3 on order, though will probably wait for the Dual Motor series; I spend half the year in CA and half on the East coast--and that half is from early summer till late fall when the car would just be in storage (one reason I've only put about 6,000 miles on it since buying it). There's actually a fourth reason, as part of my new venture I'll be driving to meet a lot of people over the next few months and showing up in a P85D will create the wrong impression for these circumstances.

Here are the options on the car:
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21” Wheels - with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires--estimate about 7,000 miles left
Tan Next Generation Seats -
Obeche Wood Matte Décor -
Alcantara Headliner -
Tesla Red Brake Calipers -
Free Supercharging For Life
Tech Package with Autopilot 1
Smart Air Suspension -
Dual Chargers
Rear Facing Seats

Price $76,000 FIRM--would prefer to sell in next two weeks.
I have more photos for those who want, can share a Google photos album:

20180328_163813.jpg
20180328_163828.jpg
20180328_163841.jpg
20180328_163913.jpg
20180328_164103.jpg
20180328_174945.jpg
20180328_182014.jpg
20180328_182037.jpg
20180328_182046.jpg
20180328_170446.jpg

Toppatop55--Yes--as far as I can tell after some quick research you are right--the seats must be what's known as Gen 1.5 with a front pocket. (I make no claims to be an expert on the interiors!) Very strange because I have the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement from the original owner and it lists Tan Next Generation Seats. Must have been some kind of anomaly at the factory as I've learned the changeover was happening at that time. In any case I've found them to be very comfortable, no complaints at all. And I like that pocket on the front! But thanks for the correction.

Well, looks like I was little over-optimistic on the value of my car, so lowering the price to $72k, some negotiation possible. And for efficiency really hoping for a Northern CA sale so the buyer can come have a look or we can meet somewhere like a Supercharger...

65k--seemed about right, only disappoint was that sales tax still applies on the new vehicle--just learned that trade in value doesn't offset sales tax on a vehicle in CA you're buying from dealer, as it does in most other states. So probably would have made more sense to sell privately and buy separately, but I was there and they had the car I wanted, and time is always short!