Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS Feeler: Model 3 Performance 20" wheels and tires ($1350 as-is)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all:

I am considering selling OEM wheels/tires/TPMS from my Model 3 Performance. The wheels have no curbing, bends, etc. but the finish is a bit splotchy from an unfortunate mishap I had with a concentrated wheel cleaner. I would recommend refinishing them although they still look great at 6+ feet. In fact, if I don't sell them I will have them powder coated in the same color and then sell at full market price.

So, this post is to sell them as-is. Pick up a set for considerably under market to either refinish in whatever color you want, use as-is, as a race set, or use as spares, etc. Shoot - if you want to go ultra-budget just plastidip them and be done with it.

The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires...235/35/20. They are the OEM tires and have ~6K miles on them. Two of them are at ~7/32" and 2 are ~7.5/32" tread depth, so plenty of life left. Basically, ~80% of full tread depth and wear is even across the tire.

Here is a picture I just took of them. stock center caps in perfect condition are also included but not pictured.

IMG_6456.jpg

$1350 FIRM picked up in Orange County, CA. Will not ship. Happy to take a ton more pictures for serious inquiries - just send me a PM.

Last edited:
Hi all:

I am considering selling OEM wheels/tires/TPMS from my Model 3 Performance. The wheels have no curbing, bends, etc. but the finish is a bit splotchy from an unfortunate mishap I had with a concentrated wheel cleaner. I would recommend refinishing them although they still look great at 6+ feet. In fact, if I don't sell them I will have them powder coated in the same color and then sell at full market price.

So, this post is to sell them as-is. Pick up a set for considerably under market to either refinish in whatever color you want, use as-is, as a race set, or use as spares, etc. Shoot - if you want to go ultra-budget just plastidip them and be done with it.

The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires...235/35/20. They are the OEM tires and have ~6K miles on them. Two of them are at ~7/32" and 2 are ~7.5/32" tread depth, so plenty of life left. Basically, ~80% of full tread depth and wear is even across the tire.

Here is a picture I just took of them. stock center caps in perfect condition are also included but not pictured.

View attachment 604136

Can you post close up of the splotches?
I guess it can not be removed...

Last edited:
Can you post close up of the splotches?
I guess it can not be removed...

Here are some more pictures. In the full sunlight the uneven finish isn't as apparent...same in the evening. But, you can clearly see in my garage lighting.

I was going to try polishing it but doubt that will make a difference. I could also try lightly spreading the chemical across the entire wheel face but who knows if that will give a consistent result LOL. Refinishing the wheels isn't that big a deal vs. the elbow grease needed to try and polish all the wheels. It appears like the topcoat finish was etched a bit by the chemical. It is still smooth to the touch with no pitting.

IMG_6457.jpg
IMG_6458.jpg
IMG_6459.jpg
IMG_6460.jpg
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6462.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Good price. Good luck with the sale!

What happened with the cleaner? Left on for too long or something?

Not really. 45-60 seconds. It was simply too concentrated/strong. Mfr suggested 1:1 or 1:2 dilution. I went 1:1 but my wheels were pretty much pristine (and ceramic coated) and really only required soap. I should have done 1:4 or not use a wheel cleaner at all. I only bought the wheel cleaner as a filler to get free shipping. LOL. Live and learn.

If you are bored more details here.

Also, not sure if this will take care of the issue, but I’ve had really good luck with Meguiar’s fine cut clearer for a lot of paint surface issues. (Not just automotive paint)
Meguiar's® Mirror Glaze® Professional Fine-Cut Cleaner, M0216, 16 oz. | Meguiar's

Thanks for the suggestion -- i've used that product in the past. No way will it be aggressive enough. I have a whole variety of polishes here (I am a detailing addict which makes this whole predicament even more embarrassing) but am not interested in messing with anything right now. Getting the wheels powdercoated is so easy...not worth my effort to try and repair at this time.

Bump - still available. Potential buyer decided not to move forward as the tire shoulder wear was greater than he liked (evidence of hard driving). You can see in the pictures above. The tires have equal wear across the tread, reflecting the tread depth measures I mentioned at the top of the post.

Anyways, if they don't sell in the next week or so, I'll have them refinished. PM me if interested.