Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Hansshow Model 3/Y Rear Climate & Music Control Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling my Hansshow Model 3/Y Rear Climate & Music Control Screen as I took it out and installed the 7" screen in its place.
Great unit for adding some extra functions to the back seat and looks awesome.

Here are the stats on it from Hansshow:
  • OEM Design - This Hansshow Model 3 Y rear touchscreenhas an original factory-style design that perfectly matches the original rear AC vent shape.
  • Rear Touch screen Feature - It is equipped with front and rear AC adjustment functions, rearseat heating separate adjustment function, camping mode, music control, and other functions.
  • Free Driver Hands - With Hansshow Model 3/Y Rear Climate & Music Control Screen, the rear passengers can easily control the climate, and music in the rear seat without the help of the front passengers.
  • Simple Operate - When camping, you can lie down in the car to control the climate and musicon this rear display screen, which is simple and fast.
FITS Model 3 2021+ / Model Y: rear vent plug - 26pin (Type-C)

Was in my personal vehicle and never used. Perfect condition.

New is $255. Asking $140 shipped

Video of my install below, which was insanely easy. Will message pics of the unit if seriously inquiring.

That's how my own read middle console looks like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230320_152800_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230320_152800_Chrome.jpg
    941.3 KB · Views: 302
Does this work on Tesla 2022 model Y, Austin built as the blue interface isn't located in the middle rear console. I'm still looking for the location
I'm having exactly the same problem. I had to drive to Tesla location today and the technician unable to provide me the location of the blue interface. He said he isn't allowed to do that. It seems Tesla is hiding something about Austin built model Y standard range because that's my car as well. I'm really frustrated right new, even thinking of tweeting Elon Musk and ask him about what they are hiding about that particular car

Attachments

• 20230317_111303.jpg
    20230317_111303.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 178
  • 20230317_111306.jpg
    20230317_111306.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 177
I'm having exactly the same problem. I had to drive to Tesla location today and the technician unable to provide me the location of the blue interface. He said he isn't allowed to do that. It seems Tesla is hiding something about Austin built model Y standard range because that's my car as well. I'm really frustrated right new, even thinking of tweeting Elon Musk and ask him about what they are hiding about that particular car
Wait, you're angry that a 3rd party accessory that isn't authorized by Tesla in any way (and may void your warranty) cannot be used in a new build because they moved a connector that the 3rd party accessory is trying to tap into?

Wait, you're angry that a 3rd party accessory that isn't authorized by Tesla in any way (and may void your warranty) cannot be used in a new build because they moved a connector that the 3rd party accessory is trying to tap into?

I can agree that being mad at Tesla is a bit much, but the whole voiding warranty thing.... would never happen with this device. Voiding an entire OEM warranty in a whole is almost impossible in the United States. That being said, certain items can be excluded if Tesla could prove that the 3rd party item installed is the reason for another part failing.

Example, if you replace the vent with this screen and break a tab, that item wont be fixed under warranty. Anything not pertaining to that area, or could be directly linked as being the cause to something that failed, is clear and still all good.

This doesn't have anything to do with warranty. Why is interface installed again on other 2023 Tesla model Y, including the standard range, only 2022 model Y, standard range didn't have it.

One dealer claims these control devices control the rear temp and fan speed without affecting the front. Is that true?

Isn't the rear system a slave to the front? In other words, can the rear really be at a different temp than the front? Does the rear vent have its own fan, or is there simply a baffle that allows air to move from the front to the rear when open?

Last edited:
One dealer claims these control devices control the rear temp and fan speed without affecting the front. Is that true?

Isn't the rear system a slave to the front? In other words, can the rear really be at a different temp than the front? Does the rear vent have its own fan, or is there simply a baffle that allows air to move from the front to the rear when open?

The Model 3 and Y are a two zone system. Both zones are in the front, left and right. The rear is a slave to the front, yes. The front controls the rear. That being said, with this unit, the rear can now control the front. Turning the temp up, down, as well as the speed of the blower.

Hope this answers your question better.

Reactions: Biggie
The Model 3 and Y are a two zone system. Both zones are in the front, left and right. The rear is a slave to the front, yes. The front controls the rear. That being said, with this unit, the rear can now control the front. Turning the temp up, down, as well as the speed of the blower.

Yes, thanks. Confirms what I thought.

Reactions: JaeTheDev

Mostly true except there is a dedicated rear blower you can turn on and off, it also turns on automatically when there are occupants in the rear seats.

Reactions: JaeTheDev