Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Wheels do you prefer??

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post as I just put down a deposit on a 2021 M3 performance. This is also my first Tesla!

I am pumped about all the Model 3 upgrades with the exception of one.....

I am not crazy about the 20’’ Überturbine Wheels. They resemble the Model Y performance wheels which I never liked to begin with. I would much rather prefer the previous 20'' Gray Performance Wheels.

I will take delivery of my Model 3 in 5-9 weeks as that is the estimated delivery time frame. I am looking to change wheels immediately. I am open to selling the Uberturbine Wheels or trading for the OEM 20'' Gray Performance Wheels.

For trade, the wheels must be local to inspect. They must be in perfect or nearly perfect condition (tires & rims).

I am located in the DMV (DC, MD, VA). I will only entertain reasonable and fair offers. All low balls will be ignored.

Also, curious which wheels everyone else prefers??

Attachments

• model-3-wheels.jpg
    model-3-wheels.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 732
I don't mind the Uberturbines but I much prefer the first gen 19" sport wheels vs the refresh design. The flat/flush edges of the spokes look much less sportier and a bit boring.

I agree completely! I can imagine there will be many more people like me who will want to change. I also bet there will be a ton of people with older M3s who will want to upgrade.

I don’t understand for sale posts for parts you don’t yet have off a car you don’t have yet.

What’s there to understand? If I’m going to sell wheels as brand new to get the best value, I would need to sell them before the car has miles on them. I would also need to replace them with a new set on the same day I take delivery of the new car....I don’t understand why you took time to reply with such a useless comment. Next time feel free to keep those to yourself. Thanks.

What’s there to understand? If I’m going to sell wheels as brand new to get the best value, I would need to sell them before the car has miles on them. I would also need to replace them with a new set on the same day I take delivery of the new car....I don’t understand why you took time to reply with such a useless comment. Next time feel free to keep those to yourself. Thanks.
What’s there to understand? Don’t list something for sale or trade that isn’t even in your possession for another 5 to 9 weeks.

Congratulations on the new Performance! I prefer the Uberturbines, especially after seeing them in person on the Y and in Gray. I actually just got 2020 20" Performance Grays put on my 2018 Dual Motor and love them. If I didn't just get these and were local to you then I'd do a trade.
I have a 2018 AWD. These would mount, no?
If the 2021 is the same as the 2020, then they'll mount right on. Same bolt pattern, but the center hub is slightly different. Both trims have a 64.1 mm center hub, but the Performance Package has a 2.25 mm step lip that goes out 3 mm to accommodate the bigger brakes. For us that doesn't matter since we don't have a the step lip, but it would the other way around for aftermarket wheels.

There's a good picture of the step lip and CAD explaining the hub dimensions here: Aftermarket wheels on AWD Performance Model with performance upgrade

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
This is my first post as I just put down a deposit on a 2021 M3 performance. This is also my first Tesla!

I am pumped about all the Model 3 upgrades with the exception of one.....

I am not crazy about the 20’’ Überturbine Wheels. They resemble the Model Y performance wheels which I never liked to begin with. I would much rather prefer the previous 20'' Gray Performance Wheels.

I will take delivery of my Model 3 in 5-9 weeks as that is the estimated delivery time frame. I am looking to change wheels immediately. I am open to selling the Uberturbine Wheels or trading for the OEM 20'' Gray Performance Wheels.

For trade, the wheels must be local to inspect. They must be in perfect or nearly perfect condition (tires & rims).

I am located in the DMV (DC, MD, VA). I will only entertain reasonable and fair offers. All low balls will be ignored.

Hi

Have you still got the Uberturbine wheels? I'd be interested.

Paul