Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am selling a Tesla home-link garage door opener. Unused/un-opened. $200 USD. Pickup in Cincinnati area or can ship.

I recently purchased and was sent two, the service centre refused to take it back.

For anyone thinking about purchasing this, be aware that even if you self installed this item yourself, it will require activation from tesla and they will likely charge shop time for it. The regular full price includes both installation and activation.

you might want to check with your local tesla SC to see what it would cost for them to install it, or if you are handy and plan to do that, how much it would be to activate it, so you dont end up buying a used one and spending more than new.

For anyone thinking about purchasing this, be aware that even if you self installed this item yourself, it will require activation from tesla and they will likely charge shop time for it. The regular full price includes both installation and activation.

you might want to check with your local tesla SC to see what it would cost for them to install it, or if you are handy and plan to do that, how much it would be to activate it, so you dont end up buying a used one and spending more than new.
Not necessarily true. If you bought it used but the box is UNOPENED, all you need is for the originally buyer to give you the order info and the SC will install it for you for free. At least thats what happened with mine.

That appears to be a bit different than others reported when tesla first started doing it this way, but tesla changing stuff is fairly normal. I remember several posts from people saying tesla was charging shop time for them to get it installed when they bought it from someone other than tesla.

Good to know.