Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: New Satin Black Gen 2 Wall Connector Elon Signature Referral Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling a Referral Program wall connector that is satin black with Elon's signature that is printed on. Cable is 24' long and is a generation 2 wall connector.

This is brand new and in the box.

Looking for $1000 cash. Local pickup around DFW only. Can meet at the Plano Service Center.

20200323_195923.jpg
20200323_195955.jpg

Wow—I have one of these too and wasn’t planning on selling it although for that kind of scratch, I’ll include shipping. Yeeeehaaaw!

Seriously folks—that is some serious jack for what is basically a $500 item. GLWS.

I have three new in box in my garage, if anyone is seriously considering paying $1000, I will undercut that offer :) I am not actively selling them, but if anyone is desperate enough to think $1000 sounds reasonable, PM me as I would part with two of them, want to keep one as a spare.

I am also open to trades, I need a Juicebox, PM me with what you have. (not for my house specifically, but other projects)

With many other car manufacturers finally entering the long range EV game, it is starting to make sense to install J1772 connectors and pick up a spare J1772 to Tesla adapter to leave connected wherever you park your Tesla routinely.

There are high power options that fully support the Older S and X that have 72 or 80 amp charging, and are noticeably cheaper than what we are seeing these units now being offered at. The Gen 2 HPWC was determined to be a break even at $500, meaning Tesla was selling them at no margin. The new Gen 3 unit is certainly much cheaper to produce, so Tesla will make money on those devices. The Gen 2 unit was a deal at $500, but it isn't a deal at $1000, you would be paying a noticeable margin for less features than the competition.

The cheapest way to get 80 amp charging is to build your own. This is the path I took, but I am also a very technical person. This did allow me to bury the unit almost flush with the wall surface. If you need a 25 foot cable, and 75 amp capability this will still cost you $700. If you only need 40 or 48 amps, then that price falls dramatically into the 400 range. These systems are easily constructed out of parts from OpenEVSE. I have no relationship with OpenEVSE or QuickCharge Power except as a customer. For high power you will need to buy the cable from QuickCharge Power, and a larger contactor from the Open EVSE store.

Off the shelf high power charging with load balancing features and a long cord.
https://evcharging.enelx.com/store/residential/juicebox-pro-75-smart-75-amp-evse-with-24-foot-cable
It isn't cheap, but it is on sale for $50 off right now, and is still cheaper than paying $1000 for a Tesla station from a somewhat greedy re-seller.

They sell lower amperage units for less money. By all means check them out before dropping a grand on a Tesla unit.

I don't have any association with they Juicebox people and have none of their products as I have built my own.

The only feature you lose by going J1772 to an adapter is the push button to open the charging port on the car. The modern cars have a press to open feature on the cover, and on the S and X you push and hold the trunk to open the charging port. There is also a discussion on the forums how to buy or build a transmitter that opens the port for you.

If you already have two Gen2 and you need a third to load share, then you are stuck. For anyone else, you should consider your options.

With many other car manufacturers finally entering the long range EV game, it is starting to make sense to install J1772 connectors and pick up a spare J1772 to Tesla adapter to leave connected wherever you park your Tesla routinely.

There are high power options that fully support the Older S and X that have 72 or 80 amp charging, and are noticeably cheaper than what we are seeing these units now being offered at. The Gen 2 HPWC was determined to be a break even at $500, meaning Tesla was selling them at no margin. The new Gen 3 unit is certainly much cheaper to produce, so Tesla will make money on those devices. The Gen 2 unit was a deal at $500, but it isn't a deal at $1000, you would be paying a noticeable margin for less features than the competition.

The cheapest way to get 80 amp charging is to build your own. This is the path I took, but I am also a very technical person. This did allow me to bury the unit almost flush with the wall surface. If you need a 25 foot cable, and 75 amp capability this will still cost you $700. If you only need 40 or 48 amps, then that price falls dramatically into the 400 range. These systems are easily constructed out of parts from OpenEVSE. I have no relationship with OpenEVSE or QuickCharge Power except as a customer. For high power you will need to buy the cable from QuickCharge Power, and a larger contactor from the Open EVSE store.

Off the shelf high power charging with load balancing features and a long cord.
https://evcharging.enelx.com/store/residential/juicebox-pro-75-smart-75-amp-evse-with-24-foot-cable
It isn't cheap, but it is on sale for $50 off right now, and is still cheaper than paying $1000 for a Tesla station from a somewhat greedy re-seller.

They sell lower amperage units for less money. By all means check them out before dropping a grand on a Tesla unit.

I don't have any association with they Juicebox people and have none of their products as I have built my own.

The only feature you lose by going J1772 to an adapter is the push button to open the charging port on the car. The modern cars have a press to open feature on the cover, and on the S and X you push and hold the trunk to open the charging port. There is also a discussion on the forums how to buy or build a transmitter that opens the port for you.

If you already have two Gen2 and you need a third to load share, then you are stuck. For anyone else, you should consider your options.
Adding to what @Target mentioned- if you already have a Tesla UMC/HPWC installed and want to add charging capability for non-Tesla EVs- this is a great option:
JDapter Stub - Tesla Station Adapter
I use it and have no issues charging my partner's BMW i3S, and my step-mom has told me it works great with her Jaguar I-Pace as well