Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Ohlins R&T Coilover Kit w/ Upgraded Springs for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohlins R&T Tesla Model 3 AWD (LR / Perf) coilover kit for sale. Purchased brand new and used for a few hundred miles. The kit comes complete with the standard 11/12k Ohlins springs which are ideal for track and or aggressive street use. I also have a set of upgraded softer 8/9k yellow color matched Swift springs which are more suited for everyday street use. The Ohlins kit was $3190 + tax and shipping, and the Swift springs were additional $390. First $3000 takes it all, or $2800 for just the coilover kit, and $275 separately for the Swift springs. Prefer local pick up (I live on Long Island, and work in NYC), but if you want it shipped, it'll respectively be at your expense.

This is most definitely one of the first, if not THE FIRST, preowned Ohlins R&T Tesla Model 3 kit to hit the market. The kit is complete, with nothing missing. Minor nicks and scrapes here and there form the install and setup (unavoidable), but in otherwise perfect working condition. All the original documents, manuals, accessories and boxes (not pictured) are included.

If you’ve been contemplating purchasing this kit for your AWD / Performance Model 3, look no further. The ride with the standard Ohlins springs, even in the softer settings is IMO firm, but handling and stability is amazing! The softer Swift springs improve comfort significantly, with little to no compromise through the bends and curves. It's an acceptable balance of comfort and performance for those who want to push their Model 3 to its limits while still being able to use it daily. Naturally ride and comfort is all subjective, and these are just my experiences and opinions.

Thank you all for your time!

IMG_8349.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kvitravn
Why are you selling?
Here's my issue with the Ohlins R&T kit... First and foremost, it's an impressive product, and it delivers what it says it will, with one small caveat. For track or aggressive driving, it is perfect! Well balanced and offers a great deal of adjustability, but for the road aka street, it's IMO not as forgiving, especially in and around the NYC tri-state area where I commute daily. The softer Swift springs helped a great deal, and they did make the kit far more street compliant, but I found myself struggling to find that "sweet spot" between comfort and performance. If I lived in area where the roads weren't a huge problem, I most certainly would not be selling this kit, but regretfully that isn't the case. I was also considering sending the kit out and having it revalved and tuned to my needs, but between the cost and current longer than normal lead times, I didn't find that to be a viable option.

So long story short, I decided to put it up for sale. Not knocking the kit, or the brand, it just didn't work the way I would have liked it for my specific application. My loss, your gain...

Reactions: Sheefo2k and MCM3
Would love these but a little out of my price range right now. For anyone wondering though, I run these coilovers on my GTR and they perform amazing in turns, they can be a little rough on bumpy roads though. Overall I love mine.