Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: RacingBrake 2-piece rotors for refresh Model S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
I’ve decided to stop tracking my Plaid, so I’m selling several rotors from RacingBrake that are compatible with the new refreshed Model S and X:

- 2x front 390mm rotors with rotor hats
- 2x front stock caliper spacers for 390mm rotors
- 2x front 380mm rotor rings (stock size)
- 2x rear 365mm rotors with rotor hats (stick size)

The front rotors have been to one track event each, rears two.

I paid over $4000 for all the above, so make me a decent offer and I’ll consider it!

Photos to come in a later post.

Photos below, as promised!

From top to bottom, we have:

2x front stock caliper spacers for 390mm rotors
2x full front 390mm rotors with rotor hats
2x front 380mm rotor rings
2x rear 365mm rotors with rotor hats

PM me an offer if you're interested. Thanks!

IMG_3827.jpeg

IMG_3828.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

How would you rate these in a street environment compared to stock?

If you don't use the brake pedal and always come to a stop using regen only, the only advantage of lighter brake rotors is efficiency as @Noahweb suggests.

If you use the brake pedal, which engages the friction brake, you'll get much better brake feel & response as well as higher deceleration rates with these rotors.

If you don't use the brake pedal and always come to a stop using regen only, the only advantage of lighter brake rotors is efficiency as @Noahweb suggests.

If you use the brake pedal, which engages the friction brake, you'll get much better brake feel & response as well as higher deceleration rates with these rotors.
Yeah I meant under hard braking conditions after a drag race in particular.
Our local 1/8 track had a short shutdown and I really have to hammer the brakes to get the car to slow down.
I’ve been looking at this set new, but this is tempting.
Only thing holding me back is the rotors look really glazed. I think I’d rather have a fresh set.

Yeah I meant under hard braking conditions after a drag race in particular.
Our local 1/8 track had a short shutdown and I really have to hammer the brakes to get the car to slow down.
I’ve been looking at this set new, but this is tempting.
Only thing holding me back is the rotors look really glazed. I think I’d rather have a fresh set.
You're right, they got a decent amount of glaze on them. I asked RB and they said they're still fully operational. So it's more of a cosmetic thing, definitely understand if you'd rather go for a new set. Just a matter of price in the end.