TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

FS: Rear Facing Seats (hardware included)

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by speedzer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. speedzer

speedzer Member

I am selling the rear facing seats off our 2013 Model S. It turns out that we rarely use this seat with our one kid. I think we used it a total of 3 times. It is with the textile fabric and has no stains. I am also included the hardware (bolt and barrel nut).

Price is $1000 OBO

PM if interested.

Attached Files:

2. paulpannu

paulpannu New Member

Will your rear facing seats fit a 2017 Model S 75? If so, I may be interested (assuming you still have them).

3. speedzer

speedzer Member

4. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

@HankLloydRight

For a short time all Tesla’s came with the required reinforced bumper (bar across the back under the skin of the bumper.) Is there an option code that would show if a CPO has it? Or would you just have to guess based on build date & anecdotes of when Fremont was doing the builds that way?

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I have not seen any option code to indicate the reinforced bumper separate from the RFS. I think the VIN cutoff was pretty early when they stopped including it on all cars, but I don't remember what that was. Sorry.

6. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

Digging around the web I found anecdotal evidence all MS had the reinforced crossmember through VIN P06000; the SB linked above says February 2013 was the end point.

Couple threads on retrofits (no longer done) & as a DIY project:

Wait, so are rear-facing seats retrofittable or not?

Rear Bumper Reinforcement Project Report - Can Your Tesla Be Safer? Maybe. | Tesla