Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Rear Facing Seats (hardware included)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling the rear facing seats off our 2013 Model S. It turns out that we rarely use this seat with our one kid. I think we used it a total of 3 times. It is with the textile fabric and has no stains. I am also included the hardware (bolt and barrel nut).

Price is $1000 OBO

PM if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_4792.JPG
    IMG_4792.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 136
@HankLloydRight

For a short time all Tesla’s came with the required reinforced bumper (bar across the back under the skin of the bumper.) Is there an option code that would show if a CPO has it? Or would you just have to guess based on build date & anecdotes of when Fremont was doing the builds that way?

@HankLloydRight

For a short time all Tesla’s came with the required reinforced bumper (bar across the back under the skin of the bumper.) Is there an option code that would show if a CPO has it? Or would you just have to guess based on build date & anecdotes of when Fremont was doing the builds that way?

I have not seen any option code to indicate the reinforced bumper separate from the RFS. I think the VIN cutoff was pretty early when they stopped including it on all cars, but I don't remember what that was. Sorry.

I have not seen any option code to indicate the reinforced bumper separate from the RFS. I think the VIN cutoff was pretty early when they stopped including it on all cars, but I don't remember what that was. Sorry.

Digging around the web I found anecdotal evidence all MS had the reinforced crossmember through VIN P06000; the SB linked above says February 2013 was the end point.

Couple threads on retrofits (no longer done) & as a DIY project:

Wait, so are rear-facing seats retrofittable or not?

Rear Bumper Reinforcement Project Report - Can Your Tesla Be Safer? Maybe. | Tesla

FYI. The strikers changed somewhere mid/late 2014. Early cars have a different version than late. I tried to post the info I found in the DIY rear seat thread. Tesla stills sells them. They are not restricted. About $100 a side...

FYI. The strikers changed somewhere mid/late 2014. Early cars have a different version than late. I tried to post the info I found in the DIY rear seat thread. Tesla stills sells them. They are not restricted. About $100 a side...
I'm guessing the seats are the same?. Hopefully tesla tells me if I need the 1st gen or 2nd gen strikers for my Sept 14' MS

From everything I’ve read, the rear seats are the same.

Here’s what I read about the cutoff date for early/late rear node - The service instructions apparently have some notes that say "2nd generation rear node" is cars "manufactured after November 2, 2014" in one place and "post Sept 1, 2014" in anotherplace.

So good luck figuring out your car - you’re in the gray area - Sept and Oct of 2014...

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85
Any luck?
Sorry for the late update. I got one side unbolted. The other side, i stripped the lower bolt which i'm going to have to drill out. Work got me busy all week so it should be out by the weekend. You should plan on buying a replacement bolt.

Here is the photo of the bracket i did get out.

Attachments

• IMG_4839.JPG
    IMG_4839.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4840.JPG
    IMG_4840.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 66