TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FS: Silver 21" Arachnid Wheel + Tire Package

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by macguitar, Apr 25, 2017.

1. macguitar

macguitar Member

(hat tip to r6bruin for most of this text)

• Prefer a buyer in the NYC area although I'm open to shipping for the right offer.
    • Highest offer gets 'em. :)
    • Wheels are 8.6 lbs lighter in front and 9.5 lbs in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels (which are $6,000 in the Tesla Store).
    • Arachnid wheels had been available for a short period of time in the Tesla Store for a price of $7,600.
    • Even though they had been available for a short period of time, they are not available for sale right now
    • Arachnid wheels are the wheels on the Tesla that set the record 0-60 time.
    2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

Here's an example photo showing how Arachnid wheels look:

upload_2016-6-16_17-47-5.png

Specifications:
    • 21″ Arachnid Wheel
    • Size: 21 X 8.5″ front, 2 1 X 9.0″ rear.
    • Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
    • PCD: 5X120
    • Center Bore: 64.1mm
    • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
    • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
    • Weight: 26.5 lb front, 28.5 lb rear

Package includes:
    • 4 Arachnid wheels
    • 4 Michelin Pilot Super Sport (PSS) tires
    • 4 tire pressure monitor sensors (TPMS)
    • 4 Tesla logo wheel caps

• Love x 1
  2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

If I didn't have these Carbon Fiber Wheels ordered already, i would bid...if they ever get shipped they are 11 lbs. each and will drop over 100 lbs of rotational mass from the car. (compared to the stock 21's)

• Like x 1
  3. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I love those wheels. I hope they don't become available in so cal for a loooong time or i'd be dangerously tempted. :rolleyes:
    GLWTS, and to the lucky buyer.

• Like x 1
  4. Razam101

Razam101 Member

what is the current asking price? I am in the DMV and could arrange to pick them up from you. Also assuming that the color you chose is as pictured...

5. macguitar

macguitar Member

PM sent.

6. macguitar

macguitar Member

I'm deciding on the highest bidder today, so just to bump this.... is there anyone in the NYC area (preferably) looking to buy a set of Silver Arachnid wheels and tires? PM me with your highest offer! :)

7. macguitar

macguitar Member

Final bump (because I'm really not wanting to ship the wheels and most offers are not local) :(

Is there anyone in the NYC area (preferably) looking to buy a set of 21" Silver forged Arachnid wheels and tires? All details on the first post of this thread. PM me with your highest offer!

8. TVision

TVision Member

I'm in the area. Still for sale? Pics?

9. macguitar

macguitar Member

Bumping because my primary deal fell through and all other offers are too low I feel. Anyone else interested? :)