Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Tesla Model S Panoramic Roof Shades, new, $100 plus shipping (or local pickup, DC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

This is a set of the Tesla-produced roof sunshades for the Model S with Panoramic Roof (the one that opens) produced 2012-2020. See below for description right off the Tesla site. These are brand new, never been opened.

Todd

Description
Constructed of lightweight mesh fabric with a collapsible rigid frame, the Panoramic Roof Sunshades block two thirds of solar thermal load. Easily removable, the sunshades are installed onto the interior of the front and rear panoramic roof windows. When removed, the shades collapse and store in an 18-inch square pouch.
Includes:
  • 1x front panoramic roof sunshade
  • 1x rear panoramic roof sunshade
  • 1x zippered storage pouch
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles configured with the Panoramic Roof and produced in 2012-2020.

Hello all,

This is a set of the Tesla-produced roof sunshades for the Model S with Panoramic Roof (the one that opens) produced 2012-2020. See below for description right off the Tesla site. These are brand new, never been opened.

Todd

Description
Constructed of lightweight mesh fabric with a collapsible rigid frame, the Panoramic Roof Sunshades block two thirds of solar thermal load. Easily removable, the sunshades are installed onto the interior of the front and rear panoramic roof windows. When removed, the shades collapse and store in an 18-inch square pouch.
Includes:
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles configured with the Panoramic Roof and produced in 2012-2020.
Hi I would like to purchase these
Hello all,

Todd

Description
Includes:
Hi I would like to purchase these Can you please call me at 954-668-4321? Thank you.

Hello all,

Todd

Hi Todd, I know these have sold, but I'm wondering how they stay put. I bought Heatshield shades--they use suction cups--and they keep falling down, so they are useless.

Also, you have to remove these when you open the sunroof, right?

Hi Todd, I know these have sold, but I'm wondering how they stay put. I bought Heatshield shades--they use suction cups--and they keep falling down, so they are useless.

I have a set of these (not for sale) so I can answer your question. They are made of a flexible metal frame (think of how a windshield pop up sunshade folds up or stays rigid when opened). They fit between the headliner and the sunroof frame. Mine fit snug (never fall down) and stay in place when I open the sunroof. No suction cups—just good ole fashioned friction and geometry.

Reactions: Tezzie

Hello!

Unfortunately, the reason that these were for sale was because my car was totaled between the time that I ordered these and the time that I received them, so I actually never got to try them out. However, these apparently are designed to stay in place just with tension, fitting in certain panel gaps by the sunroof area. All of the information that I have ever seen about them indicates that you do not have to remove them when you open the sunroof.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help, good luck.

Todd

Reactions: Tezzie
I went ahead and bought them and they fit perfectly, just as you said, by tension. I was told NOT to drive with them in when the sunroof is open, but I might try a little experiment--not on the highway--just to see. They block a lot of the UV, but I can still see through them.

Sorry to hear about your car! I hope no one was seriously hurt.

I went ahead and bought them and they fit perfectly, just as you said, by tension. I was told NOT to drive with them in when the sunroof is open, but I might try a little experiment--not on the highway--just to see. They block a lot of the UV, but I can still see through them.

Sorry to hear about your car! I hope no one was seriously hurt.
Hey,

Thanks. My wife was driving and did a fantastic job (someone in a stolen car tried to squeeze between us and the jersey wall at 100MPH and ripped off our rear right wheel and his front left wheel); she kept the car straight until the end, when the car spun 180, leaving us facing the wrong way. Fortunately, everyone behind us had slowed down (and we missed the 18-wheeler right next to us). The major human "hurt" was that she's been fairly traumatized about driving Teslas (not that it really has anything to do with the Tesla, it's just association).

Good luck with the shades. I can't vouch personally one way or the other, and it's been a while, but I really do recall that one of the best "features" was that you were supposed to be able to open the sunroof with them installed. But, go with whatever the latest guidance is; I suppose it can change.

Todd