Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Tesla Powerwall 2 Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling a brand new Tesla Powerwall 2 Founder Series still in packaging and still on the pallet it was delivered in. This will be pickup only unless the buyer arranges shipping on their own. I am located in Los Angeles area.

ASY, AC Powerwall 2 in Red.
Accessory Bag
Gateway 2
Kit, Internal Subpanel

PM me if you are interested and give me your offer. Please no lowball offers. A brand new model is $10,500 and it is not the founders series that can’t be purchased.

Last edited:
I am selling a brand new Tesla Powerwall 2 Founder Series still in packaging and still on the pallet it was delivered in. This will be pickup only unless the buyer arranges shipping on their own. I am located in Los Angeles area.

ASY, AC Powerwall 2 in Red.
Accessory Bag
Gateway 2
Kit, Internal Subpanel

PM me if you are interested and give me your offer. Please no lowball offers. A brand new model is $10,500 and it is not the founders series that can’t be purchased.
Hi, very interested -silly question - but how do you PM?

As a caution to anyone looking to buy a Powerwall that has been sitting since 2020, It may be bricked. Not saying for sure, but there is a possibility. I was one of the people who designed the Powerwall. It’s not meant to sit on a shelf for more than a year. The battery management system draws a small amount of power from the battery continuously. See page 4 of this doc, "The maximum acceptable storage duration (without measures to maintain function) is 12 months" http://azmag.gov/Portals/0/Document...ion_Storage_1-2.pdf?ver=2018-02-22-161041-780

I added 2 powerwalls+ to my solar installation, wondering if I can ask Tesla to install a 3rd one as well to my installation and if there are compatibility inssues with PW2 vs PW2+

There are no compatibility issues between powerwall 2 and powerwall + (standard installs from tesla can include both). As to if tesla will install a third one you provide for you, thats something you will have to work out with them, I have no idea.

I would also recommend anyone thinking about buying this to complete their own due diligence both as to how long its been sitting there, as well as the current claim from the OP on "what a new one costs".

I added 2 powerwalls+ to my solar installation, wondering if I can ask Tesla to install a 3rd one as well to my installation and if there are compatibility inssues with PW2 vs PW2+
If your install has been completed, no. They will refer you to “google, you can search for ‘tesla certified installers’ and see who has available inventory to add to your system”
Adding “this will not void the Tesla warranty on your existing system”

I'm only 2 months in on my design / approval process for my solar + storage system so this could be done with the original Tesla install. That's a good perspective though.
You will need to tell your project manager that you received a referral powerwall, new and still packaged up, and would like it installed at the same time as your current system. Expect a charge for the install, if they’re willing to do it.

As a caution to anyone looking to buy a Powerwall that has been sitting since 2020, It may be bricked. Not saying for sure, but there is a possibility. I was one of the people who designed the Powerwall. It’s not meant to sit on a shelf for more than a year. The battery management system draws a small amount of power from the battery continuously. See page 4 of this doc, "The maximum acceptable storage duration (without measures to maintain function) is 12 months" http://azmag.gov/Portals/0/Document...ion_Storage_1-2.pdf?ver=2018-02-22-161041-780

I’ve had my Powerwalls turned off for about 2 months due to the roof replacement from hell. Hoping to get my solar panels put back up in the next few weeks. I hope my Powerwalls are ok. They were charged to 100% before we turned off, so I think they’ll be ok. I had hoped to leave the Powerwalls on, but Tesla’s contractor said they had to be turned off while the panels are disconnected.