Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: VERY RARE SIG 791 75K FIRM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I hope you get your price. It's a beauty!

I never understood the "Statler and Waldorf" comments from people in the balcony (think Muppets in the 80s) who have ZERO intention to purchase.

Why slam a guy by telling him that in your opinion, they are asking too much for their car AND do it on his (or her) thread in a public forum????? Even more perplexing, Why doesn't the forum staff monitor such comments, delete them and warn the offender? As always, JMHO....
Joefee is not a stranger to many people here. I see most comments are made with the intent to try to help him price his car fairly.

Reactions: 2012MS85
@bonnie
love u but Andrew already posted his identity...so no breach of privacy here. I think the Model S is more important than the Roaster because it was the first car totaly made by Tesla. There are only 1200 Sigs. A few signed by Elon for customer delivery.

@bonnie
love u but Andrew already posted his identity...so no breach of privacy here. I think the Model S is more important than the Roaster because it was the first car totaly made by Tesla. There are only 1200 Sigs. A few signed by Elon for customer delivery.
I wasn't saying others couldn't out themselves, only was saying that I helped facilitate having Elon sign for several people & didn't feel comfortable sharing names. There are probably others that I am unaware of. Up to them if they want to out themselves.

I'd buy your argument regarding the Model S Signature, IF I saw people showing up looking to find a Sig to purchase. (I don't.) I DO see people showing up looking for a Roadster, however. IMO, people searching out a car is the first step towards becoming a collectible. But we all love our cars, so not surprising we each feel the way we do.

However, that doesn't change the fact that a car starts to demand a collectible premium ONLY when it has achieved collectible status. If someone feels a Signature MIGHT become a collectible, they're going to want to pay today's prices, not the unproven future's price. Make sense?

• Informative
Reactions: 2012MS85
@bonnie Yes, you make valid points as of today's market. Above I've made the case for the future and urged SIG owners (and I would include Roaster owners too) not to give their cars away. Again: Factors that go into collectable valuation:

RARITY: YES In my case Elon stopped signing Sigs almost immediately after his staff talked him into it. Only a handful were signed for George B's make me smile campaign including Sig 791. This is even less than the number of Founders Model S's. I met George and Elon at various early Tesla events....they really did appreciate those of us who were early adaptors. Elon is very gracious autographing almost anything people give him. However, his signature for the historic roll out of the SIG Model S series (ie a "real SIG") has more value to a collector than an after the fact signature. The car's story counts a lot. I can prove mine was one "a few" signed for delivery.

BODY STYLE AND FLARE: Hell YES!

PEDIGREE: Interesting story - history of ownership YES!

CONDITION: Less miles may be better but no so much according to Jay Leno. 18,888 is a very good number in Asian culture! Maybe I'll still own it @ 88,888 miles if I can't get a "make me sell" premium!

LIMITED EDITION & CULT FOLLOWING: YES!

Buyers will never pay a collectable premium if we don't ask for one. Your argument is self-fulfilling; mine is theoretical until a buyer steps up and pays over market for my car. Time will tell!

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz and EVSteve
@bonnie Yes, you make valid points as of today's market. Above I've made the case for the future and urged SIG owners (and I would include Roaster owners too) not to give their cars away. Again: Factors that go into collectable valuation:
RARITY:
YES In my case Elon stopped signing Sigs almost immediately after his staff talked him into it. Only a handful were signed for George B's make me smile campaign including Sig 791. This is even less than the number of Founders Model S's. I met George and Elon at various early Tesla events....they really did appreciate those of us who were early adaptors. Elon is very gracious autographing almost anything people give him. However, his signature for the historic roll out of the SIG Model S series (ie a "real SIG") has more value to a collector than an after the fact signature. The car's story counts a lot. I can prove mine was one "a few" signed for delivery.
CONDITION: Less miles may be better but no so much according to Jay Leno. 18,888 is a very good number in Asian culture! Maybe I'll still own it @ 88,888 miles if I can't get a "make me sell" premium!
Buyers will never pay a collectable premium if we don't ask for one. Your argument is self-fulfilling; mine is theoretical until a buyer steps up and pays over market for my car. Time will tell!

The premise of this thread is flawed ... the Model S will not be collectible for a good 25 years even with a signed visor :cool:
I am afraid the OP is engaged in a bit of wishful thinking by constantly trying to push his agenda... best of luck and GLWS.

The premise of this thread is flawed ... the Model S will not be collectible for a good 25 years even with a signed visor :cool:
I am afraid the OP is engaged in a bit of wishful thinking by constantly trying to push his agenda... best of luck and GLWS.

I agree. I think OP's best chance of charging a premium is to put the car in climate controlled storage for about 25 years and see what the market will offer. In the meantime most who can afford a premium will buy a new car and those who are looking to buy a used car are likely looking for a reasonable deal.

I've already confessed to being a Tesla fanboy and Elon Musk kool-aid drinker! Being a PhD,
I am a big believer in collecting data
. Those who think Sigs are not worth much today are looking at them as just another used car.

Market Data is your friend ... :cool:

upload_2018-6-16_15-21-2.png

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: 2012MS85 and IdaX

RARITY: YES In my case Elon stopped signing Sigs almost immediately after his staff talked him into it. Only a handful were signed for George B's make me smile campaign including Sig 791. This is even less than the number of Founders Model S's. I met George and Elon at various early Tesla events....they really did appreciate those of us who were early adaptors. Elon is very gracious autographing almost anything people give him. However, his signature for the historic roll out of the SIG Model S series (ie a "real SIG") has more value to a collector than an after the fact signature. The car's story counts a lot. I can prove mine was one "a few" signed for delivery.

I'll be curious to see how many people jump on this. Best of luck.

Data point: I sold my Signature 000064 for quite a bit less than you are asking about three years ago. I think you are overpriced, generally, but there may be a few out there who don't understand value. As in: I had an opportunity to get Elon's signature on my Sig. I couldn't see the worth. Still don't. Especially if you're not going to drive the car! I have accrued over 150K miles on my two Ses. Yes, they are "just another used car". If you can convince some uninformed person otherwise, go for it.

Data point: I sold my Signature 000064 for quite a bit less than you are asking about three years ago. I think you are overpriced, generally, but there may be a few out there who don't understand value. As in: I had an opportunity to get Elon's signature on my Sig. I couldn't see the worth. Still don't. Especially if you're not going to drive the car! I have accrued over 150K miles on my two Ses. Yes, they are "just another used car". If you can convince some uninformed person otherwise, go for it.
Greta points here ..... I agree totally.

I can’t imagine there being any cult following for a car with a permanent marker signature on a visor, it more of a novelty. If there was a buyer thinking it was of additional value this would be the place that a buyer would quickly acknowledge it for sure. IMHO there would probably be an additional value to serial number one 20 years from now. Most people here seem to agree it’s just another used car with something of minimal interest added. Many buyers would probably just replace the visor but I believe would likely hang on to it in the hope that sometime in the future it would be of some value. I can’t fault someone thinking their car is worth more. I see so many cars listed as unicorns, it seems that unicorns are very common. Car ownership is a personal thing but reality also comes into play.

• Love
Reactions: Pinot.Noir and Xolt
"Tesla is known as the car of the future. Now the collector-car community that venerates cars of the past has also taken notice.

Collector-car insurer Hagerty Insurance named the Tesla Model S the greatest car of the 2010s."

Tesla Model S named car of the decade

I'm just ahead of my time!

Still available to a visionary collector...without the consignment commission...PM an offer now!!!!