Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor FS: Vorsteiner 20" VFF-109 Wheels for Model 3 *Special Pricing* *RESTOCKED*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I've secured 5 sets of VFF-109 in CARBON GRAPHITE. I'll apply the same special pricing for these while supplies last.
PM me to secure your set before they sell out again.

48055936913_c1be7ffc49_k.jpg

20190719_105613.jpg
So these fit the P3D with the different hub notch without a need for a ring and what size tire are folks running front and rear for these wider/staggered wheels?

We've been very happy running the Tesla specific 235/35 and 275/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on the staggered (9/10.5) wheels. Although some people have run the nominally wider 245 / 35 Tire, and 285 / 30s, the tread on those tires is not as wide as the nominally less wide Tesla specific tires. They also lack acoustic foam for whatever that's worth.

Nobody knows exactly what Michelin did for Tesla on those Tesla specific 4S tires, but the speculation is that the tire compounding is different with softer compounding on the outer edges, and harder compounding on the centers to avoid exaggerated Crown wear at higher inflation pressures. Those changes plus a slightly wider tread presumably allowed Tesla to hit a bunch of conflicting design targets that typically have to be traded off such as reduced rolling resistance and increased traction without increased section width which course relates to Rolling resistance. In any case I would recommend avoiding the temptation to move away from these two tires that were presumably optimized for the car.

I'm sure you can find other opinions on this, but we've been very pleased running two sets of these staggered wheels on two different performance model threes. Somewhat surprisingly, at any reasonable speed on the street, there is no understeer. And also surprisingly, the super wide 275 / 30s ride amazingly well.

Last edited:
View attachment 450407
We've been very happy running the Tesla specific 235/35 and 275/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on the staggered (9/10.5) wheels. Although some people have run the nominally wider 245 / 35 Tire, and 285 / 30s, the tread on those tires is not as wide as the nominally less wide Tesla specific tires.
Thank you! Looking at the tire size chart comparison it seems like that combo makes the most sense or 275 squared would work too.
Have to work out in my mind if I'd daily drive after market wheels or the OEMs and which one set to put all-season tires on vs. summer/track tires.

Thank you! Looking at the tire size chart comparison it seems like that combo makes the most sense or 275 squared would work too.
Have to work out in my mind if I'd daily drive after market wheels or the OEMs and which one set to put all-season tires on vs. summer/track tires.

Getting a 275/30 to clear the front steering knuckle is a real challenge– and you need at least a 9.5 inch wheel if not preferably 10 inches. I'm not sure anyone's proven that it can be done in a 20 inch wheel size. I know mountain pass has gotten 18 x 10 wheels with 275/40 tires, But I'm not aware anyone's been able to fit a 275/30-20 on the fronts. Obviously it would be great from a performance standpoint, but it would clobber your range. If you're gonna get all seasons you might want to wait for the new pilot sport 4+ A/S. Not sure when it's coming out, But if you can't wait then the pilot sport 3+ is the best option.

• Informative
Reactions: gcmak
Getting a 275/30 to clear the front steering knuckle is a real challenge– and you need at least a 9.5 inch wheel if not preferably 10 inches. I'm not sure anyone's proven that it can be done in a 20 inch wheel size. I know mountain pass has gotten 18 x 10 wheels with 275/40 tires, But I'm not aware anyone's been able to fit a 275/30-20 on the fronts. Obviously it would be great from a performance standpoint, but it would clobber your range. If you're gonna get all seasons you might want to wait for the new pilot sport 4+ A/S. Not sure when it's coming out, But if you can't wait then the pilot sport 3+ is the best option.
Gotcha - clearance issues in the front - duh! I should know better coming from VW...lol.
Haven't looked into when the 4+ A/S might be coming out but I'd also happily take the 3+ at a discount hah.
Probably makes more sense to convert my OEM wheels for daily w/A/S tires for better wear and maybe better range. I just know performance tires at the larger diameter/width are bank. If they made these wheels in 18" or 19" sizes, it might actually be better for track-use.

Gotcha - clearance issues in the front - duh! I should know better coming from VW...lol.
Haven't looked into when the 4+ A/S might be coming out but I'd also happily take the 3+ at a discount hah.
Probably makes more sense to convert my OEM wheels for daily w/A/S tires for better wear and maybe better range. I just know performance tires at the larger diameter/width are bank. If they made these wheels in 18" or 19" sizes, it might actually be better for track-use.

Yes for sure the OEM wheels make great places to mount winter / all season tires. That's what we did too, and the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+A/S is on those, but mostly sitting in the garage since we escape to Florida in the winter these days

Yes there's pretty much an open consensus among the guys tracking the car that 19 and especially 18-inch wheels are better both from an unsprung weight standpoint and in terms of your chances of getting a 265 or preferably 275 Tire to clear the front steering knuckle. An interesting combination might just be the Koenig 18 by 9.5 and the Yokohama Advan in a 265 / 40 size, as the Advan just won the Extreme Performance Tire test against The Perennial favorite the Bridgestone re71. The re71 is still best in terms of steering feel and feedback, but the Advan had a slightly better time and just slightly more lateral acceleration. Plus it's a whole lot more comfortable and less noisy. I had a couple pair of re71 years ago, and although I loved them at autocrossing I hated them everywhere else.

• Helpful
So these fit the P3D with the different hub notch without a need for a ring and what size tire are folks running front and rear for these wider/staggered wheels?

The sets we're selling are ready to be fitted on either performance or non-performance Model 3's. You can run 235/275 but we like 245/285 and that's also want Vorsteiner runs too.

Sorry for the late reply, none of these messages alerted us in our account for some reason.