Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple years ago, at my office, the mobile service guy texted me that he was starting the job. I walked out of the building and he already had the trunk open and was working on replacing the taillight. No key needed. They can definitely get into the car, but hopefully only while the car is in “service mode”.
Oh interesting. Maybe my guy was just too lazy to do whatever is required to open it remotely?

According to ELECTREK, Tesla has started to Push FSD BETA 10.6 (2021.36.8.9) to those with SS 98+.

Anyone want to guess what that means for those of us with new Camera Upgrades?
I read Teslarati and Electrek occasionally but wouldn’t rely on their articles for “hard” news. TeslaFi members data shows every single recipient of 2021.36.8.9 was previously on 2021.36.8.8 so that data doesn’t suggest any new FSD Beta participants. Also TeslaFi member data shows a relatively small percentage of their 2021.36.8.8 cars have been upgraded to 2021.36.8.9 so far, which also suggests the FSD Beta group is not being expanded. Why would Tesla expand the group when it is taking a slow approach to rolling out the update to the existing Beta group?

Last edited:
I read Teslarati and Electrek occasionally but wouldn’t rely on their articles for “hard” news. TeslaFi members data shows every single recipient of 2021.36.8.9 was previously on 2021.36.8.8 so that data doesn’t suggest any new FSD Beta participants. Also TeslaFi member data shows a relatively small percentage of their 2021.36.8.8 cars have been upgraded to 2021.36.8.9 so far, which also suggests the FSD Beta group is not being expanded. Why would Tesla expand the group when it is taking a slow approach to rolling out the update to the existing Beta group?
@azred
Thanks for your incite on this.

Do you think Tesla would push a previous version (36.8.8) to new Beta Testers?

@azred

If it's anything like the last rollout for new people, once they release a new OS version they no longer distribute the old version to people who are newly eligible to receive it. You just have to maintain your score and wait for the rollout to get to you with the newest version.

Reactions: azred
@azred

I think Fiver’s take in the post above is probably accurate but I am just guessing.

Back to your post citing Electrek. I just looked at the article and all I could find was a statement that 36.8.9 was rolling out to SS score 98 and above. Supposedly that has been the case since 36.8.8, but I haven’t seen data supporting that statement. Maybe the Beta did expand in 36.8.8 including some 98’s but so far 36.8.9 hasn’t even been rolled out to most of the existing group — including my Model 3. Not a good omen for our “old” S’s and X’s being included any time soon methinks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Saxman