Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are many discouraged owners in this thread. While I have been fortunate to revive the cameras ugrade, it seems obvious there is no plan to incorporate our cars into the FSD Beta. Whether it is camera arts shortage, lack of inside “monitoring” camera or just plain neglect is unknown.

I just sent this note to [email protected] and suggest some of you follow suit with similar notes.

”My 2018 3 is in FSD Beta and my 12/2016 S should now be qualified: HW3/MCU2/upgraded cameras/Safety Score 99+. But it appears no cars built with HW2.0 have been invited to FSD Beta — even after the cameras upgrade. Please help.”

I just sent this note to [email protected] and suggest some of you follow suit with similar notes.
@azred
Is [email protected] an actual email address?

I was told by Service Center to email [email protected]. However, Fat lot of good that did. Never got a response since I emailed them Nov 12th.

How can we get Tesla to TRUTHFULLY manage our expectations??? We deserve to know whether with the cameras upgraded, MC2, and HW3; WHEN will WE get the FSD BETA SOFTWARE?

We are all tired of jumping through hoops and not knowing whether we are spinning our wheels, all for nothing.

@azred
Is [email protected] an actual email address?

I was told by Service Center to email [email protected]. However, Fat lot of good that did. Never got a response since I emailed them Nov 12th.

How can we get Tesla to TRUTHFULLY manage our expectations??? We deserve to know whether with the cameras upgraded, MC2, and HW3; WHEN will WE get the FSD BETA SOFTWARE?

We are all tired of jumping through hoops and not knowing whether we are spinning our wheels, all for nothing.
Yes, fsdbeta@tesla is the email address provided to all FSD beta testers to provide feedback.

I have been emailing earlyaccess for a long time, asking if I could be added to the beta, that I wanted to help blablabla...

First couple of times I received the below automatic reply, then that also stopped. It's an email blackhole...

Hello,

Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all feature related feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate engineering team. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out directly.

If you would like to opt-out of the Early Access Program, please reply to this email and we will process your request.

For all vehicle related concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

We are currently reviewing all inquiries into the Full Self-Driving Early Access Beta Program

Reactions: Saxman
I just had a thought about the configuration changes issues for those that had the cameras replaced, causing AP, GPS etc to lock up.

I recall that @greentheonly was able to get FSD to work on a car with the old cameras... that got me thinking that all that would be needed from Tesla would be to simply push FSD to cars with the updated cameras and it should work just fine, without the need for the SC to change the cameras configuration.

I mean if greentheonly installed FSD beta software on a car with old cameras and it worked, it would make sense (to me at least) to simply push FSD to the car with the new cameras from the earlyaccess team. Question is, why are they not doing it.

Reactions: Saxman
Updated my entry on @Lowchrg spreadsheet at here - heck there's a guy there with a score of 100 and over 2k miles with no camera invitation - congrats @hybridbear, that is impressive.

Does *anyone* at Tesla know what's going on? They are really sounding like a group of goofballs at the moment.
We went on a road trip in late October that was ~500 miles each way. Those miles have dropped off now since it's a rolling 30 days, but we're still at 100.

We went on a road trip in late October that was ~500 miles each way. Those miles have dropped off now since it's a rolling 30 days, but we're still at 100.

To be fair the first invites were 11/8, that mileage should have been still applicable to that round.

There has been no invite rollouts after 11/8 from what we know so he means you missed that first invite even with such an impressive score.

Updated my entry on @Lowchrg spreadsheet at here - heck there's a guy there with a score of 100 and over 2k miles with no camera invitation - congrats @hybridbear, that is impressive.

Does *anyone* at Tesla know what's going on? They are really sounding like a group of goofballs at the moment.
I’m at 1300 since opting back in, after 1800 with the first try, and opting out after 2 releases and nothing for the AP2.0 cars. Opted back in with the camera nonsense going on, was just at Vegas SC on Black Friday to get my squeaky HVAC condenser replaced, and asked about when I should hear something considering my score and miles.. got the big old shrug, “we know as much as you do, but we don’t have any spare cameras to install right now even if we wanted to.”

Not super inspiring, but also not super surprising. I assume (hope?) they are working out details for figuring out a steady supply of cameras for us and working the software/firmware details out behind the scenes to ensure that when people get their new cameras the mothership actually knows what to do, as right now it appears to be an onion of a problem for Tesla.

My Tweet:

My email to earlyaccess and fsdbeta:

PLEASE, PLEASE... PROVIDE SOME FEEDBACK ON WHAT IS GOING ON

THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION IS AWESOME

Tesla Early Adopters Left Out Of FSD Beta! Still....

And the reply:

Hello,

Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all feature related feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate engineering team. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out directly.
If you would like to opt-out of the Early Access Program, please reply to this email and we will process your request.
For all vehicle related concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.
We are currently reviewing all inquiries into the Full Self-Driving Early Access Beta Program

Thank you,
EAP

My Tweet:

My email to earlyaccess and fsdbeta:

PLEASE, PLEASE... PROVIDE SOME FEEDBACK ON WHAT IS GOING ON

THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION IS AWESOME

Tesla Early Adopters Left Out Of FSD Beta! Still....

And the reply:

Hello,

Thank you,
EAP
Thanks for pushing that tweet Valerio! Something is holding us up from FSD beta and they should be forthcoming. I feel bad for the poor advisors at the service centers they always get stuck without answers. Worst case I have seen them make stuff up lol.

Reactions: pilotSteve