Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finished the first test drive in FSDs 12.3.4. It drives noticeably smoother and straighter. It is very aggressive after making right or left turns whether from a stop or not. It might be a little too aggressive, but it sure feels good to drive straight down the road with no steering wiggles going on. Finally; I bought it 7+ years ago.

Reactions: petercc9
My update failed too. Did any of you get the "Software update required. Schedule service" message, on the screen behind the steering wheel? The update installed, but it broke my car. I can drive it, but there is no TACC or anything. Probably no automatic breaking either. This is at least the 4th time I've had this problem with an update. About a year ago they wouldn't push any new firmware to me. They just said to bring it in and gave me an $1800 estimate. I thought **** that and just waited for the next update. The next update fixed everything. It sucks not having at least TACC though. I'm glad I don't have any road trips coming up.

• Helpful
Reactions: Avatempest
My update failed too. Did any of you get the "Software update required. Schedule service" message, on the screen behind the steering wheel? The update installed, but it broke my car. I can drive it, but there is no TACC or anything. Probably no automatic breaking either. This is at least the 4th time I've had this problem with an update. About a year ago they wouldn't push any new firmware to me. They just said to bring it in and gave me an $1800 estimate. I thought **** that and just waited for the next update. The next update fixed everything. It sucks not having at least TACC though. I'm glad I don't have any road trips coming up.
Did you try the reinstall software option through hidden Service Menu?

I got pushed the update again despite already having it. Anyone else have this issue?
Someone else said this too, maybe on Reddit. My guess is they are tweaking this download (maybe sub-version) without changing the version number, perhaps grandfathering in cars that had this installation problem. But just a swag. I'd probably risk installing whatever it is asking for in this case.

Did you try the reinstall software option through hidden Service Menu?
IMG_5158.jpeg
I went in there and got this message. I messaged Tesla service a few minutes ago to see if they could push me a fix.

For those who have and haven't gotten the camera retrofit, does "service" mode correctly indicate which cameras you have? I would guess it should show RCCB or RCCC? Not sure which vehicle software added this, but I would guess MCU1 might not have this display?

service cameras.jpg

Trying to figure out if at least MCU2 vehicles can self check if lacking cameras is the reason for not getting 12.x.

They fixed it this morning. Apparently they aren't open on weekends, but responded to my texts around 7am and pushed the update to me around 10am.