Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Next month"? Was counting on it happening "this weekend". The closer we get, the faster it seems to drift away.
Good grief....Elon certainly enjoys talking out of both sides of his mouth. I mean, in the last earnings call and in an interview last week he made the comment that you should opt in to truly see how far FSD has come......Well I did that when I picked up the car in late December.....guess I'll get my clown nose and makeup ready.

When I purchased FSD, my expectations were pretty low. I knew there would be delays, long delays, smaller wide release, etc.
What I don't understand is going from it's supposed to be released yesterday to it's delayed a month or more. It's really unprofessional to annonce delays after the delivery date. And the magical 40K "extra" new users that appeared between Q4 and Q1. rrrrrrrrr.
Nothing is forcing him to give dates. He could just tweet when it's going out, it would make no difference.

That's it, i'm finished, see you all in a month or two :)

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
When I purchased FSD, my expectations were pretty low. I knew there would be delays, long delays, smaller wide release, etc.
What I don't understand is going from it's supposed to be released yesterday to it's delayed a month or more. It's really unprofessional to annonce delays after the delivery date. And the magical 40K "extra" new users that appeared between Q4 and Q1. rrrrrrrrr.
Nothing is forcing him to give dates. He could just tweet when it's going out, it would make no difference.

That's it, i'm finished, see you all in a month or two :)

What do you think will change in a month or two? 🤡🤡🤡

When I bought FSD, my expectations, based entirely on what Elon was saying about it, were sky-high. After all, the industry was still reeling from the introduction of the first-generation Autopilot feature, and the new cars with their multiple external cameras and advanced radar and sonar sensors (the latter two subsequently declared unnecessary) were rolling AI driving-bots. IT WAS GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE.

If you'd told me at the time that 5 1/2 years later not only would I still not have it, but that the implementation would be so problematic, I'd have laughed in your face.

What are you doing in this thread then?

Door is that way ---->

Honestly, it was the only thread where people were pissed off enough. I have been following the FSD launch for many years and trying to time the purchase, so I do feel like an early adopter. But now that I have purchased FSD, I do understand that it's even more frustrating when you actually pay for the thing and that you have an actual chance of winning/losing the FSD lottery.

Thanks for supporting FSD and hope we get it soon.

I'll be back in two years ;)

When I bought FSD, my expectations, based entirely on what Elon was saying about it, were sky-high. After all, the industry was still reeling from the introduction of the first-generation Autopilot feature, and the new cars with their multiple external cameras and advanced radar and sonar sensors (the latter two subsequently declared unnecessary) were rolling AI driving-bots. IT WAS GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE.

If you'd told me at the time that 5 1/2 years later not only would I still not have it, but that the implementation would be so problematic, I'd have laughed in your face.
Yeah…. Purchased FSD in late 2016. Paid for MCU2 update over a year ago. Keep requesting camera upgrades im the app, then service center cancels.

WTF Tesla???????
This is totally my resentment as well.

What are you doing in this thread then?

Door is that way ---->
We’re all upset. But let’s be nice to others who are also frustrated, even if their pain hasn’t been as long-term as ours. I think we can all commiserate together.
Honestly, it was the only thread where people were pissed off enough. I have been following the FSD launch for many years and trying to time the purchase, so I do feel like an early adopter. But now that I have purchased FSD, I do understand that it's even more frustrating when you actually pay for the thing and that you have an actual chance of winning/losing the FSD lottery.

Thanks for supporting FSD and hope we get it soon.

I'll be back in two years ;)
Which model do you have? Do you need camera updates? Did you purchase after the first owners were given FSD Beta in Canada?

Looks like 1495866-22-C is RCCB, but 1034345-00-B not so sure. Google search seems to bring up 2016-2018 models.

Update

After delay to get correct cameras ordered, update has been done. Final invoice lists all correct part numbers, but…

While driving home I passed under a blinking yellow light that showed on IC as yellow sometimes and red sometimes. I thought these cameras were supposed to fix exactly that?

Also with repeaters showing on main screen and a red car is in the field, it shows as orange. All colors muted, blue car shows as blue, grass is green. Grey and rainy day so no sky data.

Is it possible that I need FSD SW to see these colors better? Standard SW not processing RCCB fully for my vintage car?

2017 S90D MCU2

Update

After delay to get correct cameras ordered, update has been done. Final invoice lists all correct part numbers, but…

While driving home I passed under a blinking yellow light that showed on IC as yellow sometimes and red sometimes. I thought these cameras were supposed to fix exactly that?

Also with repeaters showing on main screen and a red car is in the field, it shows as orange. All colors muted, blue car shows as blue, grass is green. Grey and rainy day so no sky data.

Is it possible that I need FSD SW to see these colors better? Standard SW not processing RCCB fully for my vintage car?

2017 S90D MCU2
With your description it's hard to tell.
Review the videos and compare them to videos before the cameras replacements.
When I did that, it was very obvious the cameras were different.

The RCCB are not full color, but when compared to RCCC it's very obvious which is which.

Looks like 1495866-22-C is RCCB, but 1034345-00-B not so sure. Google search seems to bring up 2016-2018 models.

Update

While driving home I passed under a blinking yellow light that showed on IC as yellow sometimes and red sometimes. I thought these cameras were supposed to fix exactly

2017 S90D MCU2
With your description it's hard to tell.
Review the videos and compare them to videos before the cameras replacements.
When I did that, it was very obvious the cameras were different.

The RCCB are not full color, but when compared to RCCC it's very obvious which is which.
dont have a before video. But it’s the behavior of the Instrument Cluster animation for stop lights that’s bugging me. A blinking yellow light will cause the animation to blink red and yellow (yellow yellow red yellow red red etc). Isn’t fixing this the reason for the new filters? Separating yellow and red?

dont have a before video. But it’s the behavior of the Instrument Cluster animation for stop lights that’s bugging me. A blinking yellow light will cause the animation to blink red and yellow (yellow yellow red yellow red red etc). Isn’t fixing this the reason for the new filters? Separating yellow and red?

I know what you're saying... on mine that behavior improved with the new camera, but it's not completely fixed... could also be due to the logic, as it expects red to come after yellow.

Best way to know is to review the image, and best to compare it.

If you have a USB in your car it might still have dash-cam recordings with the old camera.

If you don't have a USB in your car, then you should immediately go get one for it before you do anything else.