Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that explanation makes sense especially given this tweet from yesterday

1636403707938.jpeg

honestly soon in Elon timeline could mean another 2 years... not holding my breath.
Right. Just what I was thinking. Too vague. Given his previous track record of "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely" equates to years, and "Two Week" being months. I can't even begin to guess what "soon" means to you folks patiently waiting for a solution.

Reactions: FalconFour
Right. Just what I was thinking. Too vague. Given his previous track record of "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely" equates to years, and "Two Week" being months. I can't even begin to guess what "soon" means to you folks patiently waiting for a solution.
Gotta admit, the FSD cadence has been 2 weeks at a time -- though that was translated from "next week" and punted each time to create a 2 week cadence. Safety Score -> 10.2 -> 10.3 -> 10.4, so far, 2 weeks at a time.

"Coming soon", though, is about as definite as a coin tossed into a wishing pool. Hardly even aspirational. But at least there's noise being made about it, by people (*raises hand* ... and like Whole Mars) that have no stake in it / no car from that time period to worry about. At least Coming Soon means they're not forgotten.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'd swear they mentioned at AI day the current supercomputer needs 2 weeks to train NNs and that's why we see the cadence we do on the beta- dojo presumably would be faster.
No way it takes 2 weeks. I'd guess overnight ?

This is 2 years old ...

Of course not. The data is uploaded to Tesla and the training happens on Tesla's GPUs. Training all of Tesla's neural networks once from scratch takes 70,000 GPU hours (i.e. if you have 1,000 GPUs, it will take you 70 hours). 1,000 GPUs is equivalent to 63 Nvidia DGX-2s, which altogether would cost $25.2 million. This is what a DGX-2 looks like, so imagine 63 of these:

Is that Photoshop? Anyone else get that?
I haven't received anything yet either... but it is on the website!

Is that Photoshop? Anyone else get that?
I just got it too, unfortunately First available appointment in Los Angeles is Dec 10th. Woo hoo! It does say under the learn more link that “invitations will be sent to vehicles with highest safety scores containing Intel “Atom infortainment processors” and then to those containing Nvidia Tegra processors”. For what it’s worth, I never opted out of safety score and currently have a 99 that fluctuates to 100 day to day based on 30 day drop offs.

Also, for those that want to read the Learn More link, it’s under Tesla.con Support-> Full self-driving computer installations.

• Love
Reactions: FalconFour