Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Click on the link. It says it's prioritized based on which MCU you have and your safety score.

From the FAQ:

When will the camera replacement be available for me?
Starting in November 2021, we will invite customers to schedule service appointments for camera replacements. Invited customers will receive a message in their Tesla app and will see an option to request camera replacements while scheduling a service appointment in Tesla app.

We are working through supply constraints, and the invitations will be staggered as supply allows. Invitations will be sent first to vehicles with the highest safety scores containing Intel Atom® infotainment processors and then to those containing NVIDIA® Tegra® processors.

So prioritizing people that can take advantage of the change first. (MCU2 and high safety score.)

Just received notice that I can (and did) schedule an appointment to upgrade my late 2016 MX cameras.

Attachments

• BA34E955-C558-45AA-B7C3-9E79BB99AAEA.png
    BA34E955-C558-45AA-B7C3-9E79BB99AAEA.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
We have MCU2 & 100 score but no invite yet. Fortunately we have an appointment for 11/22 that the Service Center allowed me to just delay when requesting the camera upgrade as soon as Elon tweeted about it. I sent a message now to ask if it’s possible to get it done any sooner than our 11/22 appointment. I’ll see what they say tomorrow.

We have MCU2 & 100 score but no invite yet. Fortunately we have an appointment for 11/22 that the Service Center allowed me to just delay when requesting the camera upgrade as soon as Elon tweeted about it. I sent a message now to ask if it’s possible to get it done any sooner than our 11/22 appointment. I’ll see what they say tomorrow.
Good luck! I made my appointment less than five minutes after the message was received. Yet two of the three Phx area service centers had no appointment availability and Nov 27 was first available at the third. It is also the Service Center furthest away of the three. I am guessing not all service centers will have cameras available for a while. The same thing happened with UV repairs for the infamous yellow ring on main screens. Not all service centers had the equipment at the beginning of the UV repair rollout.

Click on the link. It says it's prioritized based on which MCU you have and your safety score.
So still a queue? Still surprise requirements? Hey, there will be a good condition 100D with FSD on the market very soon if any new players want to try out these surprise mechanics.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Opting out and opting back in no longer seems to reset the safety score. YMMV
Has anyone tried this more recently? I believe it takes some time or trips after opting-out and also restarting the app for the safety score selection to disappear -- this is a necessary step. Then after that and opting back in, it takes a couple trips before they start showing up again (in the mean time the Safety Score section in the app has a "pending" type message).

Reactions: Silicon Desert