Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bringing my car in for unrelated issue. Of course they won’t do the cameras as I wasn’t invited. It bothers me to no end that I have to “wait my turn” for the cameras while new cars coming off the lot, with them etc. Priority should be to put those in the cars that have waited the longest for FSD. I hate that BS about just enjoy the car, etc. Loyalty is loyalty.

Bringing my car in for unrelated issue. Of course they won’t do the cameras as I wasn’t invited. It bothers me to no end that I have to “wait my turn” for the cameras while new cars coming off the lot, with them etc. Priority should be to put those in the cars that have waited the longest for FSD. I hate that BS about just enjoy the car, etc. Loyalty is loyalty.
Tesla doesn't care about you. It only cares about your money.

The other companies are the same, but you might get better customer service from them.

Yes. I wish we could get some sort of estimate or timeline of when the invites will come as well. It seems that the second round of invites has not gone out.

So they scheduled the appointment specifically for the camera replacement, but didn’t make sure they had the actual cameras on hand?? I don’t even know what to say.
It was for alignment and camera upgrades technically. as I was driving there, they populated the estimate without any mention of the AP upgrades. I messaged through the app and mentioned it when I was there. They said it couldn't be ordered until I was there. I told him I would have come by last week if that was the case. Now have a December 8th appointment for camera upgrades. so disappointed :(

Cue the post about the guy whining that he didn’t get FSD Beta /sarcasm

As some of you may or may not know, the FSD Beta has been continuing to roll out to all Tesla vehicle types with FSD and 100 scores now including refresh S EXCEPT for the following vehicles:

- July 2017 and earlier build date Model S w/ AP2.0 hardware at delivery
- July 2017 and earlier build date Model X w/ AP2.0 hardware at delivery

These vehicles also featured MCU1 at delivery, however Tesla provides an official upgrade pathway to MCU2 and recommends this. For that reason I’m not going to speak on the MCU requirements for FSD Beta and other undelivered features for MCU1 cars but more about the AP2.0 hardware (cameras, radar, redundant electronics?) that was advertised as fully capable of FSD with no upgrade pathway to AP2.5. This is further corroborated by gaining access to the safety score on these vehicles. MCU1 was excluded from the “button” software entirely. MCU2 upgraded and FSD enabled July 2017 and earlier AP2.0 cars got the button and have been working on their scores for going on close to a month now.

There are currently many post-July 2017 AP2.5 S and X with FSD Beta access that upgraded from MCU1 to MCU2 so this confirms the current stipulation to the rollout is specifically AP2.0 hardware and NOT that MCU1 was in the vehicle at time of delivery.

To my knowledge, at this time there is ZERO of the earliest AP2.0 FSD adopting vehicles with the beta access regardless of following all the rules and upgrades that Tesla recommends to stay up to date. I stuck it out and was very excited to finally see something come to fruition after 4 years of waiting on my “investment” but now I’m feeling even more slighted than ever that I may never see FSD during my ownership.

I hope that they’re working on this for 10.3 next Friday and that this post becomes complete irrelevant and I’m a moron but I felt it was necessary to bring attention to this and hope I don’t get slammed too hard. Tesla’s treatment of early adopters who helped get them where they are has been disheartening to say the least. I fully admit I am a bit salty when I see someone who subscribed last month for $199 and got beta access when some have paid tens of thousands for FSD and MCU2 upgrades years ago with almost nothing to show for it at this point.

Thank you for coming to my rant

@Lowchrg New/Additional campaign requiring your support!

Update for folks like me who already upgraded all the cam's prior to the retrofit. Tesla updated my GW config and it disabled all the cameras and navigation. They reverted the change back on Saturday and I am back to square one. They mentioned I would have to wait till the official retrofit. I went ahead and opted out of the FSDbeta program I'm done for now.
This seems to me like one or more of your cameras isn't actually upgraded. This behavior is exactly the same as what my car did when I tried to set autopilotcameratype on my car from 1 (RCCC) to 2 (RCCB) WITHOUT changing any cameras: Autopilot, GPS, repeater cams on backup view all stopped working.

I just had my cameras updated though, and when you actually have all RCCB cameras (that are recognized by the APE as all RCCB cameras...), the APE works just fine with autopilotcameratype set to 2 (but also works with it set to 1).

Your SC should be able to see which cameras you have installed via Garage... they (or you if you pay for a subscription to toolbox...) also should be able to see details like this for each camera in the vehicle vitals:
JSON:
{
    "main_cfa": "RCBC",
    "main_lens": "LARGAN 9662B",
    "main_manufacturer": "LGIT",
    "main_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Nov 11 21:15:26 2018",
    "main_mfg_pn": "1120520-00-B",
    "main_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A",
    "main_tesla_pn": "1120520-00-B",

"fisheye_cfa": "RCBC",
    "fisheye_lens": "LARGAN 9683A",
    "fisheye_manufacturer": "LGIT",
    "fisheye_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Nov 11 21:16:02 2018",
    "fisheye_mfg_pn": "1120520-00-B",
    "fisheye_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A",
    "fisheye_tesla_pn": "1120520-00-B",

"narrow_cfa": "RCBC",
    "narrow_lens": "LARGAN 60024A",
    "narrow_manufacturer": "LGIT",
    "narrow_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Nov 11 21:15:44 2018",
    "narrow_mfg_pn": "1120520-00-B",
    "narrow_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A",
    "narrow_tesla_pn": "1120520-00-B",

"leftpillar_cfa": "RCCB",
    "leftpillar_lens": "AOET OH2105",
    "leftpillar_manufacturer": "SEMCO",
    "leftpillar_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Aug 27 06:01:35 2020",
    "leftpillar_mfg_pn": "VSM1S902M2B",
    "leftpillar_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A-Q1",
    "leftpillar_tesla_pn": "1069104-00-D",

"leftrepeater_cfa": "CRBC",
    "leftrepeater_lens": "LARGAN 9802A8",
    "leftrepeater_manufacturer": "LGIT",
    "leftrepeater_mfg_date_utc": "Sun May 28 06:18:04 2021",
    "leftrepeater_mfg_pn": "ACS01S004L",
    "leftrepeater_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A",
    "leftrepeater_tesla_pn": "1545613-00-D",

"rightpillar_cfa": "RCCB",
    "rightpillar_lens": "AOET OH2105",
    "rightpillar_manufacturer": "SEMCO",
    "rightpillar_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Jul 15 01:39:24 2020",
    "rightpillar_mfg_pn": "VSM1S902M2B",
    "rightpillar_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A-Q1",
    "rightpillar_tesla_pn": "1069104-00-D",

"rightrepeater_cfa": "CRBC",
    "rightrepeater_lens": "LARGAN 9802A8",
    "rightrepeater_manufacturer": "LGIT",
    "rightrepeater_mfg_date_utc": "Sun May 25 23:40:48 2021",
    "rightrepeater_mfg_pn": "ACS01S004R",
    "rightrepeater_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A",
    "rightrepeater_tesla_pn": "1545614-00-D"
    }

They were struggling to find the correct triple cam for my car (even though they ordered parts weeks ago)... seems they dug a 3 year old one out of the parts bin from a local SC, so I got lucky.

This is what my cameras looked like before the upgrade:
JSON:
{
    "main_cfa": "CRCC",
    "main_lens": "LARGAN 9662B1",
    "main_manufacturer": "LGIT",
    "main_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Oct 31 13:55:32 2016",
    "main_mfg_pn": "1089531-00-C",
    "main_serializer": "TI DS90UB913A",
    "main_tesla_pn": "1089531-00-C",  

"fisheye_cfa": null,
    "fisheye_lens": null,
    "fisheye_manufacturer": null,
    "fisheye_mfg_date_utc": null,
    "fisheye_mfg_pn": null,
    "fisheye_serializer": null,
    "fisheye_tesla_pn": null,

"narrow_cfa": null,
    "narrow_lens": null,
    "narrow_manufacturer": null,
    "narrow_mfg_date_utc": null,
    "narrow_mfg_pn": null,
    "narrow_serializer": null,
    "narrow_tesla_pn": null,

"leftpillar_cfa": "RCCC",
    "leftpillar_lens": "QTEMH2015",
    "leftpillar_manufacturer": "SEMCO",
    "leftpillar_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Oct 28 15:56:56 2016",
    "leftpillar_mfg_pn": "VSM19S902M01B",
    "leftpillar_serializer": "DS90UB913A-Q1",
    "leftpillar_tesla_pn": "",

"leftrepeater_cfa": "RCCC",
    "leftrepeater_lens": "9802A7",
    "leftrepeater_manufacturer": "SEMCO",
    "leftrepeater_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Oct 19 09:50:13 2016",
    "leftrepeater_mfg_pn": "VSM2S752M1A",
    "leftrepeater_serializer": "DS90UB913A-Q1",
    "leftrepeater_tesla_pn": "",

"rightpillar_cfa": "RCCC",
    "rightpillar_lens": "QTEMH2015",
    "rightpillar_manufacturer": "SEMCO",
    "rightpillar_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Oct 28 11:39:06 2016",
    "rightpillar_mfg_pn": "VSM19S902M01B",
    "rightpillar_serializer": "DS90UB913A-Q1",
    "rightpillar_tesla_pn": "",

"rightrepeater_cfa": "RCCC",
    "rightrepeater_lens": "9802A7",
    "rightrepeater_manufacturer": "SEMCO",
    "rightrepeater_mfg_date_utc": "Sun Oct 20 18:08:42 2016",
    "rightrepeater_mfg_pn": "VSM2S752M1B",
    "rightrepeater_serializer": "DS90UB913A-Q1",
    "rightrepeater_tesla_pn": ""
}

I think the point was that they actually came up with an upgrade *plan* pretty quickly.

This reddit post I created is 3+ years old when I listed down the differences for HW2.0 vs HW2.5 when FSD was on discounted sale and many like me added-on.
At that time I listed down what all could stop us from FSD / FSD Beta even after getting FSD computer upgrade.

Guess what's the number 1 entry? RCCC cameras. Guess how many other differences exists? Check it out..

To answer your question, no I have not had the correct triple camera installed because they needed to order the correct part. But I am a little

If you haven’t done so already: On your Tesla main screen go to the safety and security page and look for Dashcam. There is also a Format USB drive button and as soon as you install a thumb drive that you don’t mind having formatted, you can format the drive from there. Then go for a drive and you should see the rectangular icon for the Dashcam at the top of the screen. Take a spin around the block, park and click on the Dashcam icon and choose the playback option. You will see a video comprised of the front camera plus side cameras. If you have the wrong triple camera the large image will look washed out and the small images will be colorful.
@azred
Thanks very much for your detailed help.

I did and it was.

Totally washed out basically B & W. I got the oldies alright

This reddit post I created is 3+ years old when I listed down the differences for HW2.0 vs HW2.5 when FSD was on discounted sale and many like me added-on.
At that time I listed down what all could stop us from FSD / FSD Beta even after getting FSD computer upgrade.

Guess what's the number 1 entry? RCCC cameras. Guess how many other differences exists? Check it out..

Well, radar is no longer in use on the newest FSD code, so none of the stuff related to that matters.

The redundancy doesn't matter until the system is ready to go beyond L2... which many are...dubious...would happen without even the newest cars needing additional HW.

1092311-98-F LH Applique
1092312-98-F RH Applique

I think he has a model X

Thx. I did find them in the parts catalog (links below) this time but had to search based on the part number (vs any other keyword I tried).

1642010-00-A LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH
1642011-00-A LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH
1120520-00-B INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3
1092311-98-F RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY
1092312-98-F RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY

Last edited:
This seems to me like one or more of your cameras isn't actually upgraded. This behavior is exactly the same as what my car did when I tried to set autopilotcameratype on my car from 1 (RCCC) to 2 (RCCB) WITHOUT changing any cameras: Autopilot, GPS, repeater cams on backup view all stopped working.

I just had my cameras updated though, and when you actually have all RCCB cameras (that are recognized by the APE as all RCCB cameras...), the APE works just fine with autopilotcameratype set to 2 (but also works with it set to 1).
Apparently I spoke too soon / there may be more going on here... A few things to note:
1) The SC that did my camera upgrades did NOT change the autopilotcameratype gateway config setting. They left it at 1 (RCCC), which shows up in vitals as: cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCC_CAMERAS"

If the gateway config for autopilotcameratype is changed to 2 ( cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCB_CAMERAS" in vitals), everything seems to work fine for one drive... but subsequent drives go back to the APE "locking up" (no GPS, no autopilot, etc).

Given all this, I am VERY skeptical that we'll be getting FSD beta invites any time soon, even though we have the latest hardware (it seems like you already should have it if we would @technoz ). I hope I'm wrong.

Sitting here with a full RCCB retrofit done at the SC and a 100 safety score, no FSD beta invite yet.