Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently I spoke too soon / there may be more going on here... A few things to note:
1) The SC that did my camera upgrades did NOT change the autopilotcameratype gateway config setting. They left it at 1 (RCCC), which shows up in vitals as: cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCC_CAMERAS"

If the gateway config for autopilotcameratype is changed to 2 ( cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCB_CAMERAS" in vitals), everything seems to work fine for one drive... but subsequent drives go back to the APE "locking up" (no GPS, no autopilot, etc).

Given all this, I am VERY skeptical that we'll be getting FSD beta invites any time soon, even though we have the latest hardware (it seems like you already should have it if we would @technoz ). I hope I'm wrong.

Sitting here with a full RCCB retrofit done at the SC and a 100 safety score, no FSD beta invite yet.
Probably useless, but I would still send an email to fsdbeta with all the information about your car, VIN and the completed camera update info, and include the completed invoice...
Somehow they need to add your VIN to the list of eligible cars, because we are obviously not in that list, and there seems to be lack of communication between SC and fsdbeta team.

Reactions: appleguru
Ugh- so after going back and forth with Centinela Service about having the wrong part number on my estimate for this Saturday’s appointment, I popped in just now to chat in person. The manager finally did conclude via the service advisor that indeed they ordered the wrong part (-C triple cam) and the correct part (-B) is on “national backorder”. They pushed my appointment back to December 26th… the wait continues.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Ugh- so after going back and forth with Centinela Service about having the wrong part number on my estimate for this Saturday’s appointment, I popped in just now to chat in person. The manager finally did conclude via the service advisor that indeed they ordered the wrong part (-C triple cam) and the correct part (-B) is on “national backorder”. They pushed my appointment back to December 26th… the wait continues.
The stories in this thread are hilarious or sickening — perhaps both. I think I was the first person to report the erroneous triple camera order when I had my S in service for cameras replacement last week. My latest update today is I asked a SC employee if there was any point in trying to move up my appointment to get the correct triple camera. She said she could see in her system that the SC has now received the correct triple camera for me and has “my name on it.” So I moved up install to Monday of next week. Anyone want to make any predictions whether the correct install will actually happen then? 7-5 odds say No f’n Way 😀

Apparently I spoke too soon / there may be more going on here... A few things to note:
1) The SC that did my camera upgrades did NOT change the autopilotcameratype gateway config setting. They left it at 1 (RCCC), which shows up in vitals as: cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCC_CAMERAS"

If the gateway config for autopilotcameratype is changed to 2 ( cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCB_CAMERAS" in vitals), everything seems to work fine for one drive... but subsequent drives go back to the APE "locking up" (no GPS, no autopilot, etc).

Given all this, I am VERY skeptical that we'll be getting FSD beta invites any time soon, even though we have the latest hardware (it seems like you already should have it if we would @technoz ). I hope I'm wrong.

Sitting here with a full RCCB retrofit done at the SC and a 100 safety score, no FSD beta invite yet.
How long did the camera upgrade take at the SC? Hope they can change the configuration and get you on FSD beta soon.

I think we should have a known parts list for S and X that people can confirm their repair orders have the correct parts.
Here is my list of Model X camera part numbers I gathered by monitoring this thread, please let me know if not accurate, which should only differ from Model S by the last two B pillar cameras:

1642010-00-A - MS/ MX LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (LH)
1642011-00-A - MS/ MX LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (RH)
1120520-00-B - INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3
1092311-98-F - RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY
1092312-98-F - RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY

• Helpful
Here is my list of Model X camera part numbers I gathered by monitoring this thread, please let me know if not accurate, which should only differ from Model S by the last two B pillar cameras:

Matches what I found. Up thread I posted pictures of the EPC parts doc as well for all the older Xs.

Reactions: ABC2D
I might have had it. Call me crazy but I can’t wait anymore. Fortunately I have the means to by a new model 3 and sell my S. If I got a new car today would the beta button still be there or are the newer software updates without the beta button?
Ok called you Crazy, but go help Tesla and buy another car. Will you get it before this is solved is the bigger question.

In theory you could be delivered a car with an appropriate software update that will allow you to start the FSD request. Or it could be gone.

Some reason both your left and right pillar cameras are the same part? Also those repeater part numbers don't seem to match up with others getting 1642010-00-A and 1642011-00-A.
Those part numbers are what the APE is reading from the cameras themselves and NOT reflective (necessarily) of the larger assemblies that were installed. Here’s a copy of my invoice:

Attachments

• F28EF6C6-A9A0-44B6-BB8C-A6F85D9D08BE.jpeg
    F28EF6C6-A9A0-44B6-BB8C-A6F85D9D08BE.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Helpful

For Model S: rh appliqué 1092307-00-g
lh appliqué 1092306-00-g
other cameras are same as for Model X as listed in the note above

For Model S: rh appliqué 1092307-00-g
lh appliqué 1092306-00-g
Those older parts seem to be removed from the parts catalog, and some people have been getting the current parts 1496707/1496709 instead:
s parts pillar.png

Here's a summary of part numbers that people have been seeing on their invoices:
Code:
OLD 1089531-00-C HW2 Triple Camera [not in parts catalog]
S   1092306-00-G Left Pillar [also 1092306-00-D version, both not in parts catalog]
S   1092307-00-G Right Pillar [not in parts catalog]
  X 1092311-98-F Left Pillar
  X 1092312-98-F Right Pillar
S/X 1120520-00-B HW2.5+ Triple Camera
S   1496707-S0-B Left Pillar
S   1496709-S0-B Right Pillar
S/X 1642010-00-A Left Repeater
S/X 1642011-00-A Right Repeater

Those older parts seem to be removed from the parts catalog, and some people have been getting the current parts 1496707/1496709 instead:
View attachment 734929

Here's a summary of part numbers that people have been seeing on their invoices:
Code:
OLD 1089531-00-C HW2 Triple Camera [not in parts catalog]
S   1092306-00-G Left Pillar [also 1092306-00-D version, both not in parts catalog]
S   1092307-00-G Right Pillar [not in parts catalog]
  X 1092311-98-F Left Pillar
  X 1092312-98-F Right Pillar
S/X 1120520-00-B HW2.5+ Triple Camera
S   1496707-S0-B Left Pillar
S   1496709-S0-B Right Pillar
S/X 1642010-00-A Left Repeater
S/X 1642011-00-A Right Repeater
Yikes. At least the old Applique camera part numbers that I had on my invoice seem to be the ones installed in 2018 so presumably work. The problem child seems to be the triple camera. I am scheduled to get 1120520-00-b next week, which should be the full color version. I would verify Applique cameras using Dashcam images are full color, but my understanding is the side images on Dashcam are from the repeater cameras not the Applique cameras.

• Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl