Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter sucks as a platform. if you're a nobody, you have no voice. made worse when Elon started tweeting about crypto. Now this huge other cult pollutes all the threads. How are you supposed to be seen or heard....

Elon pays attention to and responds to prominent Tesla influencers. Mars with 30k followers and TOSV with 160k followers have communicated our concerns and it’s unlikely Elon has missed all the chatter about these models by now, just hasn’t responded.

Elon pays attention to and responds to prominent Tesla influencers. Mars with 30k followers and TOSV with 160k followers have communicated our concerns and it’s unlikely Elon has missed all the chatter about these models by now, just hasn’t responded.

again, if you're a nobody, it's hard to be seen. we're lucky that some of these influencers can help amplify the voices of the plebes.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Pretty sad to think those of us with a couple Teslas in our garages have probably spent more on them than many people do on a basic house, yet we have to resort to Twitter to feebly attempt to reach anyone in authority at Tesla. Of course, sometimes I think I should probably use Twitter instead of the telephone to reach my local Tesla Service Center.

I still shake my head when I recall the time I took my car in for service a couple years ago and was told they didn’t have the needed parts yet. In response to my question why they didn’t contact me they said they were having some problems texting people including me. Me: So if you knew there was a problem texting me why didn’t you call me instead of letting me drive 30 miles to the Service Center? Response: Gee, I guess we should have done that. That is a good, unsurprising example of Tesla Service communication just in case anyone wonders why there is no communication re FSD Beta.

Last edited:
Pretty sad to think those of us with a couple Teslas in our garages have probably spent more on them than many people do on a basic house, yet we have to resort to Twitter to feebly attempt to reach anyone in authority at Tesla. Of course, sometimes I think I should probably use Twitter to reach my local Tesla Service Center.
I’ve been posting and RTing. I’ve got 50k followers. Not huge but hopefully helps a bit.

Good post. agree. To your point and others, we don't want to get all hyped up about the concept of earlier Telsas with older camera to get FSD full release down the road. As you say, we all been there, done that :)

I'll try to clarify to posts by saying in this particular case, I don't have a "special source". I've been in that April 2017 MX as a passenger a couple days ago when I was down in the bay area. The owner is not an employee, not a contractor, not part of EAP, and no one special associated to Tesla; just a typical retired owner that bought it new in early 2017 and had the HW3 with MCU2 upgrade. He sure drives a hell of a lot better than me with a 100% score.

Frankly, I am somewhat in the camp with some other folks being skeptical that FSD will work without camera upgrade, yet maybe that is just me being negative today. I have no other reason to believe it will or will not work other than speculating by having done image analysis work quite some time ago on these things and for another company. Like all the other FSD betas, likely just one more test. I can see reasons why it could work and reasons why it can't. I am no longer in this loop of information. Thus, don't think my opinion is any more accurate or better than anyone else here. Time will tell.

I don't know the details of the other 2017 April Tesla. Maybe it has new cameras or not. It is a friend and he says no cameras were replaced. As one person said here, best to just wait and see. Hope for the best. ;)
Could they perhaps come here,post and comment?

If they are not in the EAP or employees, how did they get in the FSD beta, through the "safety score"? No one else (with AP2) got in this way.
Did it magically appear as an option? (everyday I get in the car I hope it magially appears but it never does)

:)

It seems like the fairest (and frankly, easiest, smartest) thing for Tesla to do would be to attach the FSD purchase to the person rather than the car. This would give an incentive for loyal Tesla owners (I have 3) to continue buying new Teslas and would cost Tesla nothing.
That would be extremely unfair to everyone who was planning to sell their car and was expecting the FSD option to boost the value.

The fairest things would be to live up to their promises and if that is not possible then to admit it and offer a refund (in the form of TSLA shares, based on the value of TSLA at the time of the FSD purchase)

Good post. agree. To your point and others, we don't want to get all hyped up about the concept of earlier Telsas with older camera to get FSD full release down the road. As you say, we all been there, done that :)

I'll try to clarify to posts by saying in this particular case, I don't have a "special source". I've been in that April 2017 MX as a passenger a couple days ago when I was down in the bay area. The owner is not an employee, not a contractor, not part of EAP, and no one special associated to Tesla; just a typical retired owner that bought it new in early 2017 and had the HW3 with MCU2 upgrade. He sure drives a hell of a lot better than me with a 100% score.

Frankly, I am somewhat in the camp with some other folks being skeptical that FSD will work without camera upgrade, yet maybe that is just me being negative today. I have no other reason to believe it will or will not work other than speculating by having done image analysis work quite some time ago on these things and for another company. Like all the other FSD betas, likely just one more test. I can see reasons why it could work and reasons why it can't. I am no longer in this loop of information. Thus, don't think my opinion is any more accurate or better than anyone else here. Time will tell.

I don't know the details of the other 2017 April Tesla. Maybe it has new cameras or not. It is a friend and he says no cameras were replaced. As one person said here, best to just wait and see. Hope for the best. ;)
Dude, posts like these without documentary evidence are killer. Those of us with AP2->3 upgraded cars are already taking enough valium as it is, lol

Well, all of us who have been tweeting Elon and anyone we think is an influencer could just say gosh, we were wrong and need to stop trying to correct an injustice that doesn’t exist. Or we could say your data points are probably BS and we will keep trying to apply pressure, even if it is rather feeble pressure. Sorry if you are offended but until someone comes forward and says they got the FSD Beta and were originally a HW2.0 car I am going to assume it is BS and keep tweeting.
I'm ok with that. May I suggest that you click on my name and click "IGNORE". I would not want you to be reading any more of my "BS". This is what I do to rude people. :)

Reactions: T-Mom and FlyF4
Could they perhaps come here,post and comment?

If they are not in the EAP or employees, how did they get in the FSD beta, through the "safety score"? No one else (with AP2) got in this way.
Did it magically appear as an option? (everyday I get in the car I hope it magially appears but it never does)

:)
good point. I will ask him. For me, I hope it never magically appears, but I realize a lot of people really want it.

That doesn't mean it can work in all edge cases with different orientations, single lights, or burned out lights that are needed for real FSD.
We're not at "real FSD" yet anyway, so that doesn't seem like a reason for Tesla to not roll out FSD Beta to vehicles with AP2/RCCC cameras. In fact, FSD Beta 10.2 with RCCB cameras sometimes gets confused by single lights and lights that are off. I've encountered both new covered lights that are not yet active as well as previously active lights now covered for construction, and FSD Beta sometimes applies the brakes, so clearly solving that is not a prerequisite.

If FSD Beta really does already have AP2 vehicles, then it would seem less of a technical compatibility issue (e.g., code/networks don't even work) and more of a product decision (e.g., quality/safety isn't good enough), or it could be indeed an accidental oversight where additional attention could result in the desired outcome.

So I followed Shawn advice to have a chat with Tesla support

Here's a copy & paste of the chat:

Charlie
03:15 PM
Hi Valerio, thank you for choosing Tesla Vehicle Support, I'm happy to assist. For the security of your account can you please confirm the following:

-Nickname of car:
-Current odometer reading:
This information can be found in the Tesla App or car touchscreen.
Valerio
03:16 PM
xxxxxx has xx,xxx mi
Charlie
03:18 PM
Thanks Valerio!
Charlie
I see you have a concern about your car's eligibility for the FSD beta?
Charlie
Can you tell me more?
Valerio
03:20 PM
Yes, I have been in various forums, and so far no one that has had a 100 safety score on a car that has same configuration as mine (original AP2 upgraded to HW3/MCU2) has been granted FSD beta yet. Our concern is if the cameras are possibly the issue? Because cars built after august 2017 that have AP2.5 have been granted FSD beta (with 100 safety score) and the main difference is the cameras
Charlie
03:21 PM
Sure of course. I will happily look into this. Give me one moment.
Valerio
03:22 PM
Wondering if my car configuration and hardware is capable of FSD beta
Valerio
OK
Valerio
thanks
Charlie
03:26 PM
As far as I see it, yes, your car is compatible and eligible for the FSD beta.
Valerio
03:27 PM
I have received the FSD request button and opted in the safety score since 9/25
Charlie
03:28 PM
Then you should be good to receive it. I don't have any information on when specific cars or model years will receive the beta. Oh if you received the button, then it is a waiting game.
Charlie
Your car should receive it when it is its time. I believe the score still needs to be 100 currently. It is slowly being rolled out.
Charlie
03:30 PM
Your car is now AP3 by the way.
Valerio
Correct, I am Just wondering why so far no one with original AP2 that has had a 100 safety score has been enrolled
Charlie
I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting? We do not have information on which cars will receive it first.
Charlie
03:32 PM
I wish I could be of more help on this. As long as your car meets the requirements, which yours does, it should only be a matter of time, depending on your safety score, of when you will receive the beta.
Valerio
Ok, thanks for looking into it
Read
Charlie
03:33 PM
Of course, anything else I can do?
Valerio
That was my only question. thank you

So I followed Shawn advice to have a chat with Tesla support

Here's a copy & paste of the chat:

Charlie
03:15 PM
Hi Valerio, thank you for choosing Tesla Vehicle Support, I'm happy to assist. For the security of your account can you please confirm the following:

-Nickname of car:
-Current odometer reading:
This information can be found in the Tesla App or car touchscreen.
Valerio
03:16 PM
xxxxxx has xx,xxx mi
Charlie
Thanks Valerio!
Charlie
I see you have a concern about your car's eligibility for the FSD beta?
Charlie
Can you tell me more?
Valerio
03:20 PM
Yes, I have been in various forums, and so far no one that has had a 100 safety score on a car that has same configuration as mine (original AP2 upgraded to HW3/MCU2) has been granted FSD beta yet. Our concern is if the cameras are possibly the issue? Because cars built after august 2017 that have AP2.5 have been granted FSD beta (with 100 safety score) and the main difference is the cameras
Charlie
03:21 PM
Sure of course. I will happily look into this. Give me one moment.
Valerio
Wondering if my car configuration and hardware is capable of FSD beta
Valerio
OK
Valerio
thanks
Charlie
03:26 PM
As far as I see it, yes, your car is compatible and eligible for the FSD beta.
Valerio
03:27 PM
I have received the FSD request button and opted in the safety score since 9/25
Charlie
Then you should be good to receive it. I don't have any information on when specific cars or model years will receive the beta. Oh if you received the button, then it is a waiting game.
Charlie
Your car should receive it when it is its time. I believe the score still needs to be 100 currently. It is slowly being rolled out.
Charlie
Your car is now AP3 by the way.
Valerio
Correct, I am Just wondering why so far no one with original AP2 that has had a 100 safety score has been enrolled
Charlie
I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting? We do not have information on which cars will receive it first.
Charlie
I wish I could be of more help on this. As long as your car meets the requirements, which yours does, it should only be a matter of time, depending on your safety score, of when you will receive the beta.
Valerio
Ok, thanks for looking into it
Read
Charlie
Of course, anything else I can do?
Valerio
That was my only question. thank you

Thanks for following up and providing some insight. Unfortunately it seems that the notion of Tesla forum members being more informed than lower level Tesla employees continues.