Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be extremely unfair to everyone who was planning to sell their car and was expecting the FSD option to boost the value.

The fairest things would be to live up to their promises and if that is not possible then to admit it and offer a refund (in the form of TSLA shares, based on the value of TSLA at the time of the FSD purchase)
After 4 years, I'm not sure how that balances.

I doubt FSD on a 2017 vehicle makes much difference to its value.

We’ll see. Tesla CFO just confirmed on earnings call they will be valuing FSD at trade in. How much they value it at will be the question.
Well for me, I paid $10k on the pitch we'd have it by the "end of the year" (2017). That was 4 years ago so that's basically a loan of $10k to Tesla Motors. Let's say 5% interest per year until we actually get the product purchased -- roughly $500 a year. So a fair "value" would be to give us $12,000 on top.

But I'd be just as happy to transfer it to a new car which would cost them nothing.

Having spent $250k on Teslas, you'd think that people like me (And really the people in this thread) would be a pretty high priority to at least confirm that we will be getting access to the beta in in near future. I find it astonishing that Tesla isn't going all out to reassure this group. It may be small in number but we are the high margin buyers that most car companies want.

Just a few more days until we find out if were left in the cold. I have had a 100% safety score for 2 weeks not easy as you guys know lol. If this beta doesn't make its way I am going to level set on a YouTube video. Having only 1800 subscribers we will see where it goes. The newbie videos had no idea of the early days of autopilot or even that killer phantom breaking. Submitted so many damn bug reports since Oct 2016 helping them advance and this is how were treated so sad.

Just a few more days until we find out if were left in the cold. I have had a 100% safety score for 2 weeks not easy as you guys know lol. If this beta doesn't make its way I am going to level set on a YouTube video. Having only 1800 subscribers we will see where it goes. The newbie videos had no idea of the early days of autopilot or even that killer phantom breaking. Submitted so many damn bug reports since Oct 2016 helping them advance and this is how were treated so sad.

I think the next step if we don't get it on Friday is try to reach out to the EV fake news media such as Electrek. Sounds like a good monetizable article topic that would get a good amount of clicks from their audience.

Probably pointless, but, if you have had a consistent 100 score on an original AP2 car (since before the first Friday roll out) try have a chat with Tesla support?
I have been stuck at 99 since the beginning so I can't ask why I don't have it yet, but if you have been a solid 100, give it a shot.

Can confirm it's pointless, I did just this.

My car is an August of 2017 build too. Hopefully we can at least pay for the upgraded cameras and still get it. I plan to keep this car a few more years

Can confirm it's pointless, I did just this.

My car is an August of 2017 build too. Hopefully we can at least pay for the upgraded cameras and still get it. I plan to keep this car a few more years
Come on, man! Unless you bought that car used I am shocked that anyone would hope that they can be further ripped off by Tesla. Pretty sure representations were made by Tesla in writing in 2016-17 that HW2.0 cars were guaranteed to have all of the hardware for FSD. After all they started selling FSD at that time (Fall 2016), so paying for hardware now would be outrageous. Obviously after FSD is finally delivered to us we might be left behind by HW4/FSD2 or whatever the next generations are called but we paid for FSD and five years later it has not been delivered.

Let’s try to stay united to get what we paid for. Many of us knew Tesla’s future was questionable when we bought these cars and we suspected the promises of FSD delivery within a year to be iffy. But after five years of patience, we deserve to finally get what we paid for without additional surcharges.

Last edited:
Well for me, I paid $10k on the pitch we'd have it by the "end of the year" (2017). That was 4 years ago so that's basically a loan of $10k to Tesla Motors. Let's say 5% interest per year until we actually get the product purchased -- roughly $500 a year. So a fair "value" would be to give us $12,000 on top.

But I'd be just as happy to transfer it to a new car which would cost them nothing.

Having spent $250k on Teslas, you'd think that people like me (And really the people in this thread) would be a pretty high priority to at least confirm that we will be getting access to the beta in in near future. I find it astonishing that Tesla isn't going all out to reassure this group. It may be small in number but we are the high margin buyers that most car companies want.
I am in the same boat, two Teslas and just under $250,000. The "we give you the credit at trade in" is lame, since the Tesla's trade in value is way below market, and we get nothing for our loyalty if the car is sold on the open market, or heaven forbid the car gets totaled. I paid for FSD December 31, 2016 and survived the early days/months of sketchy AP2. I wish I could have paid the subscription rate. I would be breaking even right now, if I started on day one, but I would have waited until now to enroll, saving lots of $$. There are people that enroll a few weeks ago, that now are driving FSD Beta-absurd!

Last edited:
I am in the same boat, two Teslas and just under $250,000. The "we give you the credit at trade in" is a lame, since the Tesla's trade in value is way below market, and we get nothing for our loyalty if the car is sold on the open market, or heaven forbid the car gets totaled. I paid for FSD December 31, 2016 and survived the early days/months of sketchy AP2. I wish I could have paid the subscription rate. I would be breaking even right now, if I started on day one, but I would have waited until now to enroll, saving lots of $$. There are people that enroll a few weeks ago, that now are driving FSD Beta-absurd!

Who’s gonna tell him about the people who subscribed this Monday and had beta by Wednesday? :oops:

In all seriousness I agree with you. I hope this is resolved soon and this thread can die a swift death. The opportunity cost has been staggering for sure.

We would probably need someone with EAP or AP to actually try to purchase to find out. Doubt someone is going to risk $5-10k for an experiment
I guess someone within our VIN range who hasn’t purchased/subscribed to FSD can check their app to see if it’s available for purchase (without actually purchasing it).

If it’s available, it’s prob safe to say Tesla is still actively promoting it to our config.

I'm in this boat it appears. Had a 100/100 score since the beginning and continually getting passed up. Really sucks to be treated this way by Tesla after having waited 4 years.
Yup and to add salt to the wound:

Who’s gonna tell him about the people who subscribed this Monday and had beta by Wednesday? :oops:

In all seriousness I agree with you. I hope this is resolved soon and this thread can die a swift death. The opportunity cost has been staggering for sure.
If Tesla wanted to do the roll out cautiously, I think it is just an incredibly bad move to give FSD beta to someone that has only experienced EAP for a couple of days.

If Tesla wanted to do the roll out cautiously, I think it is just an incredibly bad move to give FSD beta to someone that has only experienced EAP for a couple of days.
I totally agree with you valem! I have 91,000 miles on mine some folks just got the darn car LOL. You would think you would use your veterans for testing. I am talking to tesla through chat about this now. Everybody let's slam them with our concerns here Tesla SSO - Sign In

Yep. Many of us have been using EAP et al for nearly five years and could all provide stories of unexpected events — and the need for rapid reaction. It does take practice.

From Support:

Mike
10:21 AM
AP 2.5 is not getting the beta due to needing 3.0 which you do have. Im still looking into it

Kevin
10:21 AM
Alot of us early adopters in the tesla forums are concerned. As we were promised our cars are capable of FSD

Kevin
10:22 AM
Been at a 100% safety score driving like a grandma for some time now

Mike
10:22 AM
Well you have FSD to the vehicle so nothing to be concerned there

Mike
10:23 AM
We have just started getting people in that have the 100% score. Not everyone has got in just as of yet with that score

Mike
10:25 AM
I do see that you have all the right hardware with the computer and cameras. Looks like its just more waiting for that email. We still havent got everyone with that 100% score so i hope we get you in soon

Kevin
10:26 AM
Can you confirm that a vehicle with AP2 @ delivery but had infotainment and FSD computer installed is eligable for this?

Kevin
10:26 AM
Or will they not get it if they didn't upgrade the cameras from RCCC to RCCB

Mike
10:27 AM
Your vehicle does have all the hardware for this so yes i can confirm