Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When real level 5 happens (in a decade or more), why would an interior awareness camera be needed, since the car will be driving itself.

The original intent of the cabin camera was to allow the owner of the car to preserve footage of the passengers in the use case of robotaxis, in case they damage the car. We have a while before they are used for that purpose.

Wait for HW4 cars. As poorly as this Beta is working on my 3 I wouldn’t be shocked if the cameras only HW3 Hail Mary never works. All those experts on self-driving who have criticized Tesla’s approach just might be right.😎
The improvements over a short period of time are impressive... and this is what I wish I could have been experiencing owning this car, the progression of the technology, not simply getting a finished product.

Now that Elon confirmed no AP2 cars are getting the beta until cameras are replaced, I am becoming increasingly curious about these 2 cars you mentioned.
If they are not Tesla employees (or part of the EAP) testing AP2 hardware, how could they possibly be in the Beta? Unless they have AP2.5 cars and they think they are AP2.
Just very curious
That isn't the way I interpreted Elon's comment. Maybe wrong. What Tweet are you referring to? If you are referring to the same tweet I think from yesterday, then you are assuming the earlier cars (or some of them) won't get the beta when in fact they may. I understood him to say they will get the beta but yes they will need camera updates later on. It could be they are testing a limited number of 2017 -2016 cars to gather data on how they perform and that may be how they determined camera updates will be needed.

Reactions: T-Mom and KrenGrl
That isn't the way I interpreted Elon's comment. Maybe wrong. What Tweet are you referring to? If you are referring to the same tweet I think from yesterday, then you are assuming the earlier cars (or some of them) won't get the beta when in fact they may. I understood him to say they will get the beta but yes they will need camera updates later on. It could be they are testing a limited number of 2017 -2016 cars to gather data on how they perform and that may be how they determined camera updates will be needed.
Sure you can intepret it any way you want but:

Tesla Silicon Valley Club:
What is going to happen to 2016 and 2017 teslas with fsd ? Will they get beta? Members are working on high safety scores.

Elon Musk:
Yeah, although early production cars will need camera upgrades, as well as FSD computer (all included in the price)

Option 1: Yeah they will get it but will need camera upgrades (before it's out of beta)
Option 2: Yeah they will get it but will need camera upgrades (to get in the beta)

He mentions "as well as FSD computer" ... can you get in the beta without HW3 FSD computer? No you can't

Even service centers don't have a clue about this... So yeah, it's up to interpretation. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom
Yes, my request was also swiftly denied. I'm pretty sure service knows about as much as we do regarding this, which is basically Musk's tweet.
My requested appointment from yesterday was just confirmed an hour ago. Perhaps all of my posts here insulting Musk helped? Of course, we know he moved to Texas the last time someone insulted him so it’s doubtful.

Now, please don’t any of you ruin my triumph by telling me my appointment will be cancelled tomorrow when they actually review my request. (Before you ask, yes, I did include a screen shot of Elon’s tweet from yesterday.)

I am feeling special tonight, the King of 2.0’s.

I don't think that's how it works.
Well, you can think that, but in fact, Teslas do check the config of the hardware during a software update and re-configure themselves based on that. It's a common way to add or remove hardware from a Tesla. It's also why Tesla themselves basically always re-installs software when they change modules in the car.

This is exactly the problem.

I would love to have the beta but if I don’t get it then that’s okay. I just want to know officially so I can stop driving like my grandmother if there is no possibility of the beta coming to us.
I'm a grandma. Maybe I could turn this around and say I have almost a perfect score even though I drive aggressively but don't drive like an idiot which is what really lowers the score.

Soooo.... what now ... we know none of us will be included with 10.3 ... do we opt out of the safety score ?!?
Do we post our cancellation messages all over twitter?
I don't know what to do :(
Opt out and pretend FSD Beta doesn’t exist until we get some more communication on the upgrades.

It’s been proven you don’t need 7 days of driving for the score, just 100 miles. So if we find out our cars are ready we can get the camera upgrade then re-enroll and drive 100 miles with 100 score and should show up. No need to keep driving and maintaining a score when it’s so easy to just reset it and get a 100 score day with 100 miles

I’m actually going to wait to opt out just for a personal satisfaction to get to 100 score (yeah call me dedicated or stubborn)
mainly because i have been sent on a work trip, and my car will be parked for the next few days; I’ve been having perfect no-ding 100 scores since day 4 (never even reset once; just focused driving) so if this will be calculated on a 30 day rolling average, on Wednesday my score should just become 100 without having to do anything. 😃

Not that it matters, but I’ve been stuck at 99 since the beginning when I was just learning about the score and screwed up on a long 160 mile trip… I just want to see
100 before I opt out, so that it can suck even more 😂

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: T-Mom and EVNow
Sure you can intepret it any way you want but:

Tesla Silicon Valley Club:
What is going to happen to 2016 and 2017 teslas with fsd ? Will they get beta? Members are working on high safety scores.

Elon Musk:
Yeah, although early production cars will need camera upgrades, as well as FSD computer (all included in the price)

Option 1: Yeah they will get it but will need camera upgrades (before it's out of beta)
Option 2: Yeah they will get it but will need camera upgrades (to get in the beta)

Can you clarify above? Maybe I missed it tho I never say a tweet where Mr. Musk gave two options as you list above. Is that something you added? Where is that particular tweet? If not, that above post misleads people to think Mr. Musk mentioned those options.