Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts are the by the time this is figured out Tesla will be installing FSD Beta after the hardware, and during the service appointment. Safety scores will be gone. As all the C students in driving already have FSD Beta. If camera is added and harness could be a while. If they do that why not the redundancy stuff as well. Sarcasm of course.

3/17 S build and in no hurry. In the 3 I am not overwhelmed by FSD, remembering the early days of Crazy Ivans. Single stack, split stack, flap jack. I need to keep my S in good shape. Patient, but understand why everyone isn't.

April build 2017 MS 90D ( took ownership as an " new inventory car-remember those?" in August of 2017) upgraded MCU2, hdw3 Drive computer. im hanging on to my 98/99 score , just incase they are able to NN us as a " edge case" with the existing cameras in a future release OR if not, Im willing to fork over some more $xK , for the fix I could do the side cameras my self ( thank you teslatap ) but messing with the front Triple cam is way out of my league. I feel like we are so close to a decent level 2-3 deal , that for me left turns and right ones into traffic would be a nice upgrade. im goign to keep the car till the 4680s are reliably coming out and or PLAID is a bit cheaper used. My FSD so far on highways for me has been great and am just looking for that next release! I bet we would not get a triple cam with internal cabin camera because we dont have the wiring for that ( that would be $$$) . if that is needed to go to the next release , we may start feeling like the V1 folks did when AP 2 came out. if any one hears the plans let us all know. i am tied of doing the grandma on Valium thing , maybe for a few months IF we knew we could get the version.. heard 10.4 is coming out? I bet we will miss that one too.

I have no doubt they'll make good on the promise, but I don't want to wait months like the FSD computer upgrade...

If a company which grew from near bankruptcy to $1 trillion with $0 marketing budget, it tells a lot about early adopters and long term fans like us, if they screw us over like this(even after paying out of pocket for MCU2 upgrade which appears as needed for FSD Beta and should have been free as well),then we simply supported the wrong company or new guys(Master of Coin and Finance team) simple don't care and think there's no looking back for Tesla from here.

I reset my Safety Score when this fiasco with the upgrades started, but did not opt out. But I'm also driving my normal style again, without regard to the score. To my surprise, in my last 10 days or so I'm still at a 98%. Aggressive turning is my nemesis.

It's that last 2% that drives people nuts. Guess that's true for most things. :rolleyes:

It's really curious to me why the Telsa PR department (Elon on Twitter) has been silent on this.

Options:

1. He doesn't know - that seems extremely unlikely
2. It's not as simply as replacing Windshield or other cameras, with considerable more expense, so he's looking into software mitigation
3. He doesn't want to pay for it - although, I think he already tweeted that it was "included"
4. They haven't tested the camera upgrade procedure or have run into complications doing so
5. Or it's a relatively cheap and easy camera swap - he just needs to turn into a properly documented engineering document, distribute, and stock up
6. Maybe he has to develop all of this personally - there's nobody to delegate to. And he's just been too busy.
7. He's just being the a** he is and doesn't care about people who saved him from dark times.

Guess I'm hoping for #5, but who knows? My problem with #5 is, why doesn't he just tweet "Cam upgrade will be available starting in 4 week or so"? That might give him a shred of integrity, to a man who has virtually nothing left. His silence tends to my other speculative reasons above - he's only hurting himself. Any other ideas?

I reset my Safety Score when this fiasco with the upgrades started, but did not opt out. But I'm also driving my normal style again, without regard to the score. To my surprise, in my last 10 days or so I'm still at a 98%. Aggressive turning is my nemesis.

It's that last 2% that drives people nuts. Guess that's true for most things. :rolleyes:

It's really curious to me why the Telsa PR department (Elon on Twitter) has been silent on this.

Options:

1. He doesn't know - that seems extremely unlikely
2. It's not as simply as replacing Windshield or other cameras, with considerable more expense, so he's looking into software mitigation
3. He doesn't want to pay for it - although, I think he already tweeted that it was "included"
4. They haven't tested the camera upgrade procedure or have run into complications doing so
5. Or it's a relatively cheap and easy camera swap - he just needs to turn into a properly documented engineering document, distribute, and stock up
6. Maybe he has to develop all of this personally - there's nobody to delegate to. And he's just been too busy.
7. He's just being the a** he is and doesn't care about people who saved him from dark times.

Guess I'm hoping for #5, but who knows? My problem with #5 is, why doesn't he just tweet "Cam upgrade will be available starting in 4 week or so"? That might give him a shred of integrity, to a man who has virtually nothing left. His silence tends to my other speculative reasons above - he's only hurting himself. Any other ideas?
Well said. You should tweet this out.

Driving in NY never had issue with older cameras with traffic lights however in Florida ive had it read yellows as red multiple times and slams breaks super hard when it should be going through as its right infront of the intersection

I havent disenrolled, my kid likes to check it everyday when I pick her up, so for giggles, I'll hang on to it just to see what happens in he long run......lol
yes, sort of the same with me. Frankly, I don't care to get the FSD beta. I just run the scoring out of interest to see what it is doing. Strangely, even after over 2,000 miles, the score still flips between 98 and 99. I don't try to baby it since I don't care. I just drive the way I usually do. The only dings I have seen in a month were for "what it thinks" is hard braking (much too sensitive), or following too close, which for me was completely accurate on the rare occasions I got such a ding. Bottom line, the scoring seems flaky, but then again, you folks already know that.

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
Driving in NY never had issue with older cameras with traffic lights however in Florida ive had it read yellows as red multiple times and slams breaks super hard when it should be going through as its right infront of the intersection
Since learning about the camera differences I have been paying extra close attention to yellow light detection on our car. Like Chuck Cook in his YouTube videos of FSD Beta often sees the car thinking flashing yellow lights are red, our car very often thinks yellow lights are red. I've seen it do this mostly with flashing yellows, but also when going through a yellow light while on AP where I put my foot on the accelerator so it won't slam on the brakes. It thinks the yellow light is red & starts screaming at me for going through a red light that isn't actually red. So as far as detection of yellow lights, even the RCCB cameras are not very good at it as YouTube videos of FSD Beta testers has shown.

Reactions: Stefanv1993
Since learning about the camera differences I have been paying extra close attention to yellow light detection on our car. Like Chuck Cook in his YouTube videos of FSD Beta often sees the car thinking flashing yellow lights are red, our car very often thinks yellow lights are red. I've seen it do this mostly with flashing yellows, but also when going through a yellow light while on AP where I put my foot on the accelerator so it won't slam on the brakes. It thinks the yellow light is red & starts screaming at me for going through a red light that isn't actually red. So as far as detection of yellow lights, even the RCCB cameras are not very good at it as YouTube videos of FSD Beta testers has shown.
I have also been able to systematically reproduce this behavior. My vision car does not always make the same mistakes.

This is helpful. My car did exactly this. On autopilot, it was green and I told it to go through with the stalk. The light turned yellow maybe 5 feet before I passed the line. The car slammed the breaks so hard the tires squeaked. Now I know why, color blindness.