Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded all the cameras in my Feb 2017 Model S. Would be nice to know the part numbers of the new cameras, just to know if they will be using the ones listed on Tesla's EPC or some other revision number 🤔.
I'm in the same boat I was talking to green on twitter most likely they only need to enable V2 cam in our gateway config. I am going to try and get a credit the cams are the same.

Has anyone tried this more recently? I believe it takes some time or trips after opting-out and also restarting the app for the safety score selection to disappear -- this is a necessary step. Then after that, it takes a couple trips before they start showing up again (in the mean time the Safety Score section in the app has a "pending" type message).
I was hearing that loophole was fixed :(

I'm in the same boat I was talking to green on twitter most likely they only need to enable V2 cam in our gateway config. I am going to try and get a credit the cams are the same.
I changed the gateway.config value to 2 on my Model S when I did the camera swap, I just decided not to participate in Elon's Safety Score® game.

I saw your video on YouTube yesterday, and I'm actually more interested on the B pillar applique you purchased. Did you get the Revision B of the 1496707 and 1496709 part numbers, or the Revision D?

I have a solid 100 score still no message and no camera upgrade in the service.
Anyone else with 100 that hasn’t received the message yet?

Attachments

• E72318D0-6805-4B03-A11E-929E593E5E1D.png
    E72318D0-6805-4B03-A11E-929E593E5E1D.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 95
  • CB146392-E6DB-4C56-8A7A-676BAB855F57.png
    CB146392-E6DB-4C56-8A7A-676BAB855F57.png
    145 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: technoz
Seems like Elon's twitter statements are not in fact company policy.

If I wanted to wait for months for functionality,

Meanwhile less than a week after these posts Elons statements are company policy and the process for free cam upgrades is pushed out...

Your reaction?

So still a queue? Still surprise requirements? Hey, there will be a good condition 100D with FSD on the market very soon if any new players want to try out these surprise mechanics.

There's nothing "surprising" here- the only reason for the upgrade right now is for access to the beta for those who want it. You already knew a high safety score was also required. You already knew MCU1 folks weren't getting it. So they're starting with the folks who have the things that would make the new cameras useful. Where's the "surprise" requirements?

You've been pretty clear you wanna be irrationally mad about this and no amount of facts is gonna change your mind.

I've lost count of how many times you've threated to sell the car now or complained you should've bought something else.

It's clearly making you miserable, time to act!

Meanwhile less than a week after these posts Elons statements are company policy and the process for free cam upgrades is pushed out...

Your reaction?

There's nothing "surprising" here- the only reason for the upgrade right now is for access to the beta for those who want it. You already knew a high safety score was also required. You already knew MCU1 folks weren't getting it. So they're starting with the folks who have the things that would make the new cameras useful. Where's the "surprise" requirements?

You've been pretty clear you wanna be irrationally mad about this and no amount of facts is gonna change your mind.

I've lost count of how many times you've threated to sell the car now or complained you should've bought something else.

It's clearly making you miserable, time to act!
I did everything required, safety score, MCU2, no dice. I've already located the car and am starting the trade in process. I am, in fact, acting.

• Love
Reactions: Knightshade
Well fml.... I opted out of the Beta yesterday.. I guess I'm opting back in. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I just opted back in and took a drive around the block. Safety score hasn’t shown back up in the app yet, and of course no email about the cameras.

Talk about 1st world problems. Sure is funny how much time/effort I’m spending on this!!
Please report back if you're able to get the safety score to reappear and/or email invite. I just opted back in and am crossing my fingers the door hasn't shut. Heading to bed, but will drive tomorrow and see what happens.

Reactions: scottf200
Got the message and schedule an appointment at my local service center. Scheduled for Nov 17th! I’ve upgraded to MCU2 and have a 100 safety score

Attachments

• BA3F6E5F-98F5-4D6B-938D-11C576FB59C3.jpeg
    BA3F6E5F-98F5-4D6B-938D-11C576FB59C3.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 2DCF9CB5-9152-4FE7-90DE-3CBE8C2EBC5A.jpeg
    2DCF9CB5-9152-4FE7-90DE-3CBE8C2EBC5A.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 60
Still no message or upgrade option :(

Wondering if anyone else with 100 score still doesn't have the option to schedule service...
We have 100 & MCU2 & have not received the email/invite to schedule. It seems that only certain locations are able to schedule. Most of the ppl who have received the email are in California. One mentioned Phoenix, and another Colorado. But that’s the farthest east I’ve seen so far for someone who has been able to schedule their appointment.

Please report back if you're able to get the safety score to reappear and/or email invite. I just opted back in and am crossing my fingers the door hasn't shut. Heading to bed, but will drive tomorrow and see what happens.
My safety score is now showing up. I haven’t driven yet since I opted back in, but should get over 100 miles in the next 2 days. Bottom line: opting out and back in still resets your safety score, for now.

Reactions: Cheburashka
My safety score is now showing up. I haven’t driven yet since I opted back in, but should get over 100 miles in the next 2 days. Bottom line: opting out and back in still resets your safety score, for now.
Yes I turned mine back on last night and my score started over. (Word of caution) don’t drive much until you get the score back on your app because miles will not count. Wanted to get the 100 miles back but lost about 50 of it before score came back. Now have a perfect 100 score with no dings and over 100 miles. No invite yet.

Reactions: MikeScarne
We have 100 & MCU2 & have not received the email/invite to schedule. It seems that only certain locations are able to schedule. Most of the ppl who have received the email are in California. One mentioned Phoenix, and another Colorado. But that’s the farthest east I’ve seen so far for someone who has been able to schedule their appointment.
I know of a car in Philly that got the invite (Shawn who got the reply from Elon)

Reactions: scarelli
If you haven't been invited personally you can't get an appointment. We have an appointment set up from the day of Elon’s tweet that I pushed out to 11/22, but the Service Center says our VIN is not eligible for camera replacement at this time. Now they are trying to cancel that appointment on us.

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
I opted back in last night, and an empty safety score popped up in my app today. So yes, my score was apparently reset.

I emailed the local service center this morning asking to make an appointment. Looks like the parts availability theory is true. This is going to take a while. :(

Attachments

• E34AC4E5-DB38-45F3-8671-22B987FB4D4B.png
    E34AC4E5-DB38-45F3-8671-22B987FB4D4B.png
    416.9 KB · Views: 69