Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a manager for Tesla reach out to me a couple days ago. Told him the whole scenario on how all my cameras were upgraded and still didn’t get fsdbeta.he called me up today and said I was all set the updated my config and it shows RCCB cameras and enabled for beta. I got in my car and gps is stuck at my house. Also not autopilot only the backup camera works. It’s a bummer going to have them repush software tommorow. Argh
You should be able to do the trick of changing your tire config (to something wrong, it'll reboot, and then back right, it'll reboot) to get that part of the system (GPS) to restart. I learned this later from folks but I ended up temporarily (5 min) disconnecting my 12v to get my GPS working again.

Reactions: Stevez
You should be able to do the trick of changing your tire config (to something wrong, it'll reboot, and then back right, it'll reboot) to get that part of the system (GPS) to restart. I learned this later from folks but I ended up temporarily (5 min) disconnecting my 12v to get my GPS working again.
Great suggestion I did that still no change :(

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I've also used the language change function to reboot a different way than the 2 scroll wheels.

I'm in the exactly the same situation and think/hope that the next "pull" of scores and invites would be at the next release, usually Friday night, but it was reported that some get invites into FSD after reaching 100 score in the middle of the week as well. So, your guess is as good as any
@ABC2D my 2018 Model X is downloading now. For reference, opted out on Monday night 11/8, opted in on Tuesday morning 11/9, drove 120 miles on Tuesday 11/9, drove 3 miles on Wednesday 11/10, no drives on Thursday, received update today, Friday, 11/12 at 10am Pacific time. No beta email

Reactions: ABC2D
My car is at Tesla allegedly getting the cameras swap! (I got the invite the first night within five minutes of first reports of invites.) Before I took my free Uber home I had the service advisor double check with parts and I got a thumbs up. He was surprised as well as he had understood parts would not arrive until sometime next month. Hopefully the swap actually happens but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Beta FSD invite takes a while.

My car is at Tesla allegedly getting the cameras swap! (I got the invite the first night within five minutes of first reports of invites.) Before I took my free Uber home I had the service advisor double check with parts and I got a thumbs up. He was surprised as well as he had understood parts would not arrive until sometime next month. Hopefully the swap actually happens but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Beta FSD invite takes a while.

Good luck! If you can, please share a redacted final invoice.

• Helpful
Looks like others are getting the camera replacements today:
hw2 camera retrofit.png

False alarm. They installed side cameras but had wrong triple camera. No surprise!

I am extremely happy to report that I got the Invitation for Camera Upgrade on Nov 9th and had the Service done at the Loveland CO Service Center Nov 12th. After a snafu with the Parts being delivered in time for my appt, Stephanie, Autumn & Toby (Service Advisors) were excellent in turning Lemon into Lemonade.

I asked to have them Push the FSD BETA 10.4 to me at the Service Center but was informed that they cannot Push that particular Software Update..

Now just waiting for the Early Adoptor Program at Tesla to Push BETA 10.4 to my Model X.

I am very pleased to say that Elon and Tesla "heard" our outcries of frustration and responded to us in a relatively short time, by FINALLY making good on the HW2 Camera Upgrade.

Dec 2016 MX , EAP/FSD, MCU1 to MCU2 and HW2 to AP3 SAFETY SCORE for both measuring Periods 99.

Hope you all get your Upgrades SOON.

I am extremely happy to report that I got the Invitation for Camera Upgrade on Nov 9th and had the Service done at the Loveland CO Service Center Nov 12th. After a snafu with the Parts being delivered in time for my appt, Stephanie, Autumn & Toby (Service Advisors) were excellent in turning Lemon into Lemonade.
Awesome, congrats!!

Can you post a redacted invoice with the part numbers when you have a chance?

• Helpful

I asked to have them Push the FSD BETA 10.4 to me at the Service Center but was informed that they cannot Push that particular Software Update..

Now just waiting for the Early Adoptor Program at Tesla to Push BETA 10.4 to my Model X.

I am very pleased to say that Elon and Tesla "heard" our outcries of frustration and responded to us in a relatively short time, by FINALLY making good on the HW2 Camera Upgrade.

Dec 2016 MX , EAP/FSD, MCU1 to MCU2 and HW2 to AP3 SAFETY SCORE for both measuring Periods 99.

Hope you all get your Upgrades SOON.

Thanks for the update! I’ve opted back in and will continue to hold my breath until the notification comes to me. I’m going to go ahead and create a spreadsheet soon to track the invite rollouts to see if we can find an actual pattern or if it’s just random.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Awesome, congrats!!

Can you post a redacted invoice with the part numbers when you have a chance?
Yeah, hopefully they installed the correct triple camera for that poster as I ran into a snag with the wrong one. Even after I asked the service advisor to double check the triple camera part with their parts department they insisted they had the right part and almost installed it until several hours later noticing it was the same triple camera already in my 2016 S. (Posters here tipped me off that there was confusion, which is the only reason I asked them to double check.)

It seems 1120520-00-B is the correct triple camera…or not! The incorrect part per my service invoice, which was nearly installed on my car is 1089531-00-C. Of course I am no parts expert so just ask them to double check that they have the correct part and hope you get the right answer.

I do think they installed the correct side cameras based on the colorful side images when my my car is in reverse. So I think all I need is the correct triple camera.

I hate to say it, but this story is another example of how much Tesla suffers from the lack of experienced employees. Had I not been tipped off by posters on this board, I wouldn’t be surprised if the wrong triple camera would have been installed yesterday.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Yeah, hopefully they installed the correct triple camera for that poster as I ran into a snag with the wrong one. Even after I asked the service advisor to double check the triple camera part with their parts department they insisted they had the right part and almost installed it until several hours later noticing it was the same triple camera already in my 2016 S. (Posters here tipped me off that there was confusion, which is the only reason I asked them to double check.)

It seems 1120520-00-B is the correct triple camera…or not! The incorrect part per my service invoice, which was nearly installed on my car is 1089531-00-C. Of course I am no parts expert so just ask them to double check that they have the correct part and hope you get the right answer.

I do think they installed the correct side cameras based on the colorful side images when my my car is in reverse. So I think all I need is the correct triple camera.
I saw that same Post and asked the same question, however I did not have the Part #s at my disposal when at the SC. Attached is my INVOICE from yesterday's install and it seems I got the Triple1089531-00-C. I SPECIFICALLY asked my Service Advisors if my NEW cameras were what is being installed at the Factory now, and was assured they were.

It's so frustrating knowing who to believe.

Attachments

• Tesla AutoPilot Camera Upgrade Nov 12 2021.jpg
    Tesla AutoPilot Camera Upgrade Nov 12 2021.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 56
I saw that same Post and asked the same question, however I did not have the Part #s at my disposal when at the SC. Attached is my INVOICE from yesterday's install and it seems I got the Triple1089531-00-C. I SPECIFICALLY asked my Service Advisors if my NEW cameras were what is being installed at the Factory now, and was assured they were.

This would be interesting if you get beta with the old triple camera simply because they did the software reconfiguration and it works just fine.

That doesn’t sound good. The triple camera part number on your invoice matches mine and I was warned on this forum that part number was wrong. That was why I looked at the parts catalog and found the other number. Yet until the last minute they were going to install the wrong triple, even after I questioned it £_¥¥-~_!!!

It’s easy to see if two of the replacement side cameras are correct when backing up, since the side cameras previously looked washed out next to the back up camera image on the main screen . Now all three images on my main screen look equally colorful in reverse. As for the forward triple, I have a 3 so it is easy to notice the full range of colors on the triple vs the washed out colors on the S‘ forward camera image. But otherwise I don’t know how one could easily tell the difference.

I also just checked and my Rear Side Cameras are Color. Were they Black & White before, I can't remember.

Also, if SC replaced the same in-line Triple Camera that was previously installed, can we still get FSD Beta 10.4 to work properly?