Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also just checked and my Rear Side Cameras are Color. Were they Black & White before, I can't remember.

Also, if SC replaced the same in-line Triple Camera that was previously installed, can we still get FSD Beta 10.4 to work properly?
Old side cameras were “color challenged” — and so am I. But if you chose to display them next to your backup camera when reversing, they almost looked black and white to me next to the colorful backup camera. Now they look equally colorful to my partially colorblind eyes.

As for FSD Beta working with the old triple, read Lowchrg’s post a couple above this one. I don’t think anyone knows the answer.

It seems 1120520-00-B is the correct triple camera…or not! The incorrect part per my service invoice, which was nearly installed on my car is 1089531-00-C. Of course I am no parts expert so just ask them to double check that they have the correct part and hope you get the right answer.
@azred
I decided to take some initiative and not rely on getting mixed messages from various Service Centers on what Part# is the correct one needed for FSD BETA.

I emailed the EARLY ACCESS PROGRAM and asked them specifically for the correct Part# needed for our In-Line Triple cameras to run SW 10.4 FSD BETA.

Hopefully they will respond to my email and will report back.

• Funny
Reactions: rob4448585
Got a little excited when I saw both "Update from your service team" and the 2021.36.5.1 update at the same time, but this is not my ticket into the FSD Beta.. 😔
View attachment 728722
Hey I just took delivery of my new MS LR yesterday. Everything is working perfectly but my tesla app also has the “Update from your Tesla team” and it won’t go away. I click into it and there’s no update/message. Do you know how I get it to go away or is this normal?

It seems 1120520-00-B is the correct triple camera…or not! The incorrect part per my service invoice, which was nearly installed on my car is 1089531-00-C. Of course I am no parts expert so just ask them to double check that they have the correct part and hope you get the right answer.
LOL. They almost installed a replacement Model S/X HW2-era camera. Fat lot of good that would do. :D

The Service Center just wrote me saying that the order for cars is not based on having MCU2 or based on your safety score, but rather based on when you purchased FSD. Have all the ppl who have been invited so far been ones who purchased FSD a long time ago, perhaps when their car was new?
@hybridbear
That does sound plausible. My October ordered 2016 MX was purchased with EAP/FSD at that time for $8K, and was delivered Dec 2016

• Helpful
Reactions: hybridbear
The Service Center just wrote me saying that the order for cars is not based on having MCU2 or based on your safety score, but rather based on when you purchased FSD. Have all the ppl who have been invited so far been ones who purchased FSD a long time ago, perhaps when their car was new?
Not true, but lack of accurate information is not surprising. I received the cameras upgrade invite five or ten minutes after the first post here about the upgrade. (It appears the invite came from Fremont.) But I only purchased FSD during the 4/2019 “sale.”

And yesterday the service center staff almost installed another triple camera like my original even after I had asked my service advisor to talk to their parts department and make certain they had the right part. Hours later I got a call saying that indeed it was the wrong part. Thank heavens for knowledgeable TMC posters who tipped me off.

I really miss my independent Porsche mechanic who serviced my cars for nearly 20 years and had many years of experience before then. Unfortunately we will probably be stuck dealing with inexperienced and nearly unreachable Tesla staff for the foreseeable future. BTW, the service center staff are consistently polite and probably are as frustrated as we are when they are poorly trained and kept in the dark.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art VandeIay

I've gone ahead and created a similar file based off the FSD Beta tracker that @jebinc introduced some time ago.

This could help us track the invite rollouts and see if they are on-going or in waves. At this time I don't think I have seen anyone receive an invite after 11/9.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps to fill in their information, this is helpful to us all!

Last edited:
Update for folks like me who already upgraded all the cam's prior to the retrofit. Tesla updated my GW config and it disabled all the cameras and navigation. They reverted the change back on Saturday and I am back to square one. They mentioned I would have to wait till the official retrofit. I went ahead and opted out of the FSDbeta program I'm done for now.

Update for folks like me who already upgraded all the cam's prior to the retrofit. Tesla updated my GW config and it disabled all the cameras and navigation. They reverted the change back on Saturday and I am back to square one. They mentioned I would have to wait till the official retrofit. I went ahead and opted out of the FSDbeta program I'm done for now.

This is so strange.

Have you confirmed the part numbers you installed are the exact same as the ones others have been invoiced for? It may be some slight hardware differences than what Tesla has already put together with the hardware they’re currently distributing.

And yesterday the service center staff almost installed another triple camera like my original even after I had asked my service advisor to talk to their parts department and make certain they had the right part. Hours later I got a call saying that indeed it was the wrong part. Thank heavens for knowledgeable TMC posters who tipped me off.
@azred
Would you please clarify for me 1) is your service center in Chandler AZ 2) Did you already have the correct Triple camera installed 3) If so, have you got the FSD BETA 10.4 SW download yet

Please advise,
Thanks

Wow. That is really discouraging. I guess it’s good that my Service Center refused to update my GW config. That said, it’s quite puzzling. I certainly wouldn’t have expect that result.

Thanks for the (unfortunate) update. At least they were able to quickly revert the change.