Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have examples of any Tesla invited camera upgrades ultimately resulting in actual FSD beta downloaded and running?
I got my camera upgrade on Nov 12th. My Service Advisor told me to contact [email protected] for FSD BETA information. I emailed them on Nov 13th, advising of my camera upgrade, 99 Score and wanting the 10.4 download. I immediately got an Auto Reply saying "we are currently reviewing all inquiries into FSD BETA Program."

So far, nothing else.

• Informative
Reactions: appleguru
I got my camera upgrade on Nov 12th. My Service Advisor told me to contact [email protected] for FSD BETA information. I emailed them on Nov 13th, advising of my camera upgrade, 99 Score and wanting the 10.4 download. I immediately got an Auto Reply saying "we are currently reviewing all inquiries into FSD BETA Program."

So far, nothing else.

Has anyone seen other vehicles newly receiving the FSD Beta? I think it still comes in waves every few days to a week.

@azred
Would you please clarify for me 1) is your service center in Chandler AZ 2) Did you already have the correct Triple camera installed 3) If so, have you got the FSD BETA 10.4 SW download yet

Please advise,
Thanks
To answer your question, no I have not had the correct triple camera installed because they needed to order the correct part. But I am a little puzzled.

If you do a quick Google you will find triple cameras for sale for the HW2.5 and later cars and the part number is always 1120520-00-B. That part number is the same number I found on Tesla’s internal parts pages. Therefore it seemed obvious to me that the part number on my invoice last week indicated they were about to install another “color challenged“ HW2.0 triple and in fact that turned out to be the case. But more to the point it seems clear they installed that same color challenged camera on your car. It is easy to check if you haven’t done so.

If you haven’t done so already: On your Tesla main screen go to the safety and security page and look for Dashcam. There is also a Format USB drive button and as soon as you install a thumb drive that you don’t mind having formatted, you can format the drive from there. Then go for a drive and you should see the rectangular icon for the Dashcam at the top of the screen. Take a spin around the block, park and click on the Dashcam icon and choose the playback option. You will see a video comprised of the front camera plus side cameras. If you have the wrong triple camera the large image will look washed out and the small images will be colorful.

I think it is pointless to wait to hear back from Tesla. The Dashcam will quickly tell you if you got the wrong triple camera. BTW, I did exactly what I am suggesting for both of my Teslas. My Model 3 Dashcam images were all colorful as they should be but my 2016 S front camera image was severely color-challenged to say the least.

triple cameras for sale for the HW2.5 and later cars and the part number is always 1120520-00-B
Seems like some people are getting that part with HW2 camera retrofits (Fremont service center):
hw2 camera retrofit 1120520-00-B.png

Seems like some people are getting that part with HW2 camera retrofits (Fremont service center):
View attachment 733595
Thanks for posting this info. That is reassuring. It seems odd that some service centers including mine ordered the wrong triple camera but ordered the side cameras correctly. Perhaps Fremont was giving out bad info on the triple camera in the early days of the retrofit offer.

I think the point was that they actually came up with an upgrade *plan* pretty quickly.

I doubt it.

I think they knew since 2017 when they changed the cameras over that the old AP2 cameras wouldn't be sufficient, so they probably had an idea for the last 4 years on how to change the cameras. They only got around to it because of the people in this thread, who created enough noise for Tesla to actually do something.

Reactions: dbldwn02
I think the point was that they actually came up with an upgrade *plan* pretty quickly.
What is unclear is whether the plan included opening the access gate to FSD Beta. One poster in this thread who got the cameras upgrade said the affected service center told him/her to email Tesla early access program, but I believe people have reported here for years that you cannot reach them. It will be nice to have the enhanced camera filters but not sure it will matter until wide release of FSD Beta someday.😀

What is unclear is whether the plan included opening the access gate to FSD Beta. One poster in this thread who got the cameras upgrade said the affected service center told him/her to email Tesla early access program, but I believe people have reported here for years that you cannot reach them. It will be nice to have the enhanced camera filters but not sure it will matter until wide release of FSD Beta someday.😀

I believe this person will get FSD Beta in the next wave if their safety score is eligible but to my knowledge they have not sent out more FSD Beta invites yet even to 3 and Y which is why they didn't receive it immediately.