Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@azred
I had the same conversation with my tech after my 2nd camera install and he said the same thing as yours. I also called my SC and asked to speak with the SC Mgr. She was " in a meeting ", I was told, and would call me back. It must be a very long meeting since that was 2 days ago.

It's unconscionable that Tesla leadership treats us Owners so disrespectfully.

I was able to finagle a call and speak with a Tesla Customer Support guy who was in Salt Lake City, and in Software Support dept. He seemed empathetic to our plight, but also said his team is in the dark as well as us.
I found it particularly ”interesting” that I didn’t have any trouble finding service center staff (both in Scottsdale and Tempe) who were very familiar with the camera upgrade even if they hadn’t done one. Yet none of them had a clue about how the upgrade would be translated into FSD Beta access. Wouldn’t you think the camera upgrade technical advisory sent to the staff would explain the entire process so they could do the work and answer our questions?

Picked up my Model S from service this morning and all is good. Cameras look great and full color. No AP issues so far but can someone remind me how to see the gateway config to check RCCC vs RCCB?
Is this what you are looking for? Deep pockets required.
50C8D88A-3A12-43CC-831A-C59103762D81.png

@appleguru
Thanks for trying to explain it to me and I hate soybeans dense.
Can you show me a screen shot of your overall Score, including what it states as the measuring period, and also screen shot showing the daily scores for that period, per my attachment.

Thanks again for your help
Sure, but not sure how that will help? The overall score is not just an average of your daily scores. It’s a *weighted* average which is highly dependent on how many miles you drive in that 30 day window and how many of those were on autopilot/etc. (Eg, it only counts hard breaking, close following, aggressive turning) for miles you’re *not* on autopilot and only within specific parameters. And that goes both ways, for hurting and improving your score.

Attachments

• 12B0E3F8-C7F6-4A68-80F6-D5F9947D508E.png
    12B0E3F8-C7F6-4A68-80F6-D5F9947D508E.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 50
  • F09B8A33-F72F-4F6E-9FC7-9FCE945E7519.png
    F09B8A33-F72F-4F6E-9FC7-9FCE945E7519.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 60
Is this what you are looking for? Deep pockets required.
View attachment 736862
This is how I’m checking.

Btw, small update from my car: tesla remotely changed the gateway config from RCCB back to RCCC and did a redeploy about an hour ago. My gps/autopilot/etc is back to working, but still no FSD beta invite.

I suspect there’s an APE specific software piece the team forgot about that they may need to address with a future fw update. But the lack of an official communication about the situation is the worst :-/

This is how I’m checking.

Btw, small update from my car: tesla remotely changed the gateway config from RCCB back to RCCC and did a redeploy about an hour ago. My gps/autopilot/etc is back to working, but still no FSD beta invite.

I suspect there’s an APE specific software piece the team forgot about that they may need to address with a future fw update. But the lack of an official communication about the situation is the worst :-/
Since you seem to have a Tesla Service subscription(?), have you tried looking for the Service Bulletin about the camera upgrades?

Since you seem to have a Tesla Service subscription(?), have you tried looking for the Service Bulletin about the camera upgrades?
Unfortunately there is no (public) service bulletin for the camera upgrade(s) that I'm aware of. Obviously there is some internal documentation on this procedure somewhere, but I don't have access to it. Wish I did, then maybe I could get this working myself ;-) (but not likely, they have the "external" service tools locked down to the point that they're not actual useful for most things....)

Well, the predictable has finally happened. After receiving one of the first notices regarding camera replacements and making my appointment immediately after receiving the notice, which turned out to be a December 8th replacement date, I got a message from the Costa Mesa SC this morning saying they did not have parts available for the 12/8 install and asked me to cancel my appointment. I have not done so until they can confirm to me that I will me notified and rescheduled once the parts arrive. It has been now 5 years since I picked up my car and once again I have to sit and wait even longer. Worst part is I continue to sit on this 100 score worrying daily if some jerk is going to pull in front of me, making me brake hard, and knocking my score down. Just another lump of coal in the proverbial stocking.

Well, the predictable has finally happened. After receiving one of the first notices regarding camera replacements and making my appointment immediately after receiving the notice, which turned out to be a December 8th replacement date, I got a message from the Costa Mesa SC this morning saying they did not have parts available for the 12/8 install and asked me to cancel my appointment. I have not done so until they can confirm to me that I will me notified and rescheduled once the parts arrive. It has been now 5 years since I picked up my car and once again I have to sit and wait even longer. Worst part is I continue to sit on this 100 score worrying daily if some jerk is going to pull in front of me, making me brake hard, and knocking my score down. Just another lump of coal in the proverbial stocking.
I think we are all screwed for awhile. I believe Tesla has “enough” beta testers now and it would not matter even if they had parts for our cars. With the last round I have not seen much evidence they are letting any new cars into the pool. (Tweet from Teslascope) I don’t think they have invited any of the 98’s yet. Sad. Thinking I need to just turn off the Safety Score and try and enjoy the holidays and not keep looking at this fourm every waking hour to see is anything has changed. Heck I can’t even get any new updates to my car. Still on .22 original beta button code. Does anyone know how to get updates going again?

Sure, but not sure how that will help? The overall score is not just an average of your daily scores. It’s a *weighted* average which is highly dependent on how many miles you drive in that 30 day window and how many of those were on autopilot/etc. (Eg, it only counts hard breaking, close following, aggressive turning) for miles you’re *not* on autopilot and only within specific parameters. And that goes both ways, for hurting and improving your score.
@appleguru
How this will help is my Excel Speadsheet shows my Daily miles & scores since 0ct 24th. I formulated the appropriate cells to recalculate the overall weighted average automatically when a new days info is input.
Since I'm on vacation from November 21 - Dec 2, I can see what my SS will be at that time. I have 1000+ miles from October to today.
I unmistakably thought my score would reset on Nov 25th and I would have to requalify. It seems that I won't.