Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone that is currently opt'd out of the beta request / safety score has gotten an invite?

I opt'd in initially then took a road trip and got a bunch of false hits while on the blue ridge road corner in NC. Opt'd out for a while. Opt'd in and got a 100 SS then where there didn't seem to be much hope just opt'd out again since I thought it would be months and months.

Mine: June 2017 X purchased service loaner w/4K miles in Dec 2017 and bought FSD with it. Upgraded to the MCU2 and FSD computer June 2020. Replaced the repeaters myself Feb 2021.

I don't recall seeing a post that it has happened but do recall a post where the service center told someone that wasn't part of the criteria (FWIW).

I do see in the spreadsheet that there are not invite dates for people with a safety score of 'NA'.

Last edited:
Mine is showing the same tire pressure service. Hmm. This better not have been a false alert.

Service has been messaging with me. They were confused by the check tire service without any notes. After explaining to them that I received the retrofit message, they said “Fantastic! We will work on getting those ordered”. I’d say slim chance they get the parts by my mobile service on the 15th, unless they have them already. Not looking good.

I got an email from Tesla for me to sign the service estimate for Monday, and the estimate at least included the AP cam replacement "for vehicles configured with Full Self-Driving Capability", so I think I'm good to go. Here are the parts they are replacing according to the estimate:

ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A) 1.00
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH(1642010-00-A) 1.00
APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-00-G) 1.00
APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092306-S0-D) 1.00
INLINE TRIPLE CAMERA(1089531-00-C) 1.00

Of note, the Inline Triple Cam part # is different than the one ending in "B" that's on the spreadsheet going around. FWIW, nobody else to my knowledge with the camera upgrade/retrofit (with triple cam part ending in "B"), so hopefully this one will be the ticket for FSD beta. One can hope!

Reactions: pilotSteve
I got an email from Tesla for me to sign the service estimate for Monday, and the estimate at least included the AP cam replacement "for vehicles configured with Full Self-Driving Capability", so I think I'm good to go. Here are the parts they are replacing according to the estimate:

Of note, the Inline Triple Cam part # is different than the one ending in "B" that's on the spreadsheet going around. FWIW, nobody else to my knowledge with the camera upgrade/retrofit (with triple cam part ending in "B"), so hopefully this one will be the ticket for FSD beta. One can hope!
I would do some research on the Triple cam with "C" Seems that is the one you already have. I could be wrong but check it out.

I would do some research on the Triple cam with "C" Seems that is the one you already have. I could be wrong but check it out.
I will message Service when I get back to my phone. On the Service Estimate, at the top of the list of parts, it says:

Concern: Camera Replacement(s) for Vehicles Configured with Full Self-Driving Capability
Correction: Determine Installed Camera Types Through Garage; Camera(s) Replacement
Required
Parts Replaced or Added

(then goes on to list the previously posted parts)

I'll ask them about the B-part number vs. C-part number. I wonder if the list in my estimate are the outgoing parts, and the new/incoming parts not listed yet??

Wondering if anyone that is currently opt'd out of the beta request / safety score has gotten an invite? ....
If you are referring to the camera upgrade invite, then yes, one of my neighbors a couple houses down the street got an invite last night. He opted out of beta. And that makes sense as that is what I heard out at the factory a few days ago that "it makes no difference if you are opted in to FSD or whether you were in and opted out. He has a MX. I think it is 2016 or early 2017.

Oh and he scheduled the upgrade for this coming Monday. I'm going to go over there to see what they do.

If you are referring to the camera upgrade invite, then yes, one of my neighbors a couple houses down the street got an invite last night. He opted out of beta. And that makes sense as that is what I heard out at the factory a few days ago that "it makes no difference if you are opted in to FSD or whether you were in and opted out. He has a MX. I think it is 2016 or early 2017.

Oh and he scheduled the upgrade for this coming Monday. I'm going to go over there to see what they do.
You say out at the factory. Do you work for Tesla?

I made a crude spreadsheet listing various camera replacements, since there are many questions about which parts are correct.
I highlighted in green what I know/think are correct and orange incorrect...
My goal is to get a list of correct parts for anyone to reference when installation time comes, so feel free to add to it, modify and mark it up as needed

You say out at the factory. Do you work for Tesla?
I'm a "semi-retired engineering consultant" for various companies. Tesla is just one. I get to both factories about once per month.
Edit: Hint: Even some things I hear from people there are sometimes wrong. and the same goes true for other companies as well :)
Just because I hear sometime non-confidential at any company doesn't mean it is a fact. Often I hear information that later turns out to be wrong. You have to take comments with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I made a crude spreadsheet listing various camera replacements, since there are many questions about which parts are correct.
I highlighted in green what I know/think are correct and orange incorrect...
My goal is to get a list of correct parts for anyone to reference when installation time comes, so feel free to add to it, modify and mark it up as needed

I would see if @Lowchrg could update the OP with a couple things:

1. The correct camera parts # for 2016-7 S and X upgrade

2. The fact that one does *not* need to be opted in to receive the camera upgrade invite.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200