Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• gizrg7i1pz781.jpeg
    gizrg7i1pz781.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 84
  • 84v5k7i1pz781.jpeg
    84v5k7i1pz781.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 69
  • u6m6sci1pz781.jpeg
    u6m6sci1pz781.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I have that and also tidal with V10.... Not sure what the purpose or V11 is other than a worse UI experience.
I am stuck on 2021.36.5.1 purgatory, and I really wanted 44.25 for the blind spot camera, but since we don’t even get that, I am not sure I want 44.25 anymore…I think I would rather keep my current UI, and everything else in 44.25 I can totally live without. Alas, the never ending wait for camera upgrade while maintaining a 99 SS continues. This feels a bit like an abusive relationship haha.

...based on when you purchased FSD. Have all the ppl who have been invited so far been ones who purchased FSD a long time ago, perhaps when their car was new?
It's been a while since I checked on this thread.

What if you bought the car used with FSD? Does that put you at the back of the line?
Or is that when or if the original owner purchased FSD? (I guess that depends if Tesla retrofitted it with FSD before selling it)

Yeah that looks awful. Hard pass.

It looks like no one is going directly from 36.5.1 to 44.25 without 44.6 first so crossing my fingers that I get 44.6.
So 44.6 is before 44.25? And 44.6 include the few improvements we can get without ruining the UI? We will not be installing the new UI until we get FSD Beta. We use our seat heaters daily & removing them from the main screen is a terrible idea!

It's been a while since I checked on this thread.

What if you bought the car used with FSD? Does that put you at the back of the line?
Or is that when or if the original owner purchased FSD? (I guess that depends if Tesla retrofitted it with FSD before selling it)
We bought our used April 2017 Model X in June 2020. It already had FSD and HW3 installed. I upgraded to MCU2 last December. I received the camera upgrade invitation on the second round, December 9th. Mobile service has me scheduled for last Wednesday, but they messaged me during my service window that the triple camera never came in. Next appointment is for this Wednesday.

Pretty sure we are in the same “Tesla Owners” Facebook group.

We bought our used April 2017 Model X in June 2020. It already had FSD and HW3 installed. I upgraded to MCU2 last December. I received the camera upgrade invitation on the second round, December 9th. Mobile service has me scheduled for last Wednesday, but they messaged me during my service window that the triple camera never came in. Next appointment is for this Wednesday.

Pretty sure we are in the same “Tesla Owners” Facebook group.
Bought my used 2016.5 S this past February - it also had FSD and HW3. I upgraded to MCU2 in March. Still no camera upgrade invite for me :(

Yes, we are in the same Facebook group :)

Bought my used 2016.5 S this past February - it also had FSD and HW3. I upgraded to MCU2 in March. Still no camera upgrade invite for me :(

Yes, we are in the same Facebook group :)
Honestly I wonder if it wasn’t just my persistent annoyance to service that got me the invite. I was putting in service requests every day and they would manually cancel them every morning. They eventually called to tell me to stop, trying to make me feel guilty about taking a service appointment from someone that may really need it. I know what I was doing is going to be controversial in this thread, but it just isn’t right that people who paid for FSD 5+ years ago are taking a back seat to brand new owners who don’t know the difference between production AP and FSD Beta. And there’s literally no other way to get Tesla’s attention on it. I know I’m preaching to the choir in here. Just so frustrating, especially knowing that our FSD experience is going to be pretty inferior to newer cars (inevitable HW4 computer, permanent magnet motors, etc).

Honestly I wonder if it wasn’t just my persistent annoyance to service that got me the invite. I was putting in service requests every day and they would manually cancel them every morning. They eventually called to tell me to stop, trying to make me feel guilty about taking a service appointment from someone that may really need it. I know what I was doing is going to be controversial in this thread, but it just isn’t right that people who paid for FSD 5+ years ago are taking a back seat to brand new owners who don’t know the difference between production AP and FSD Beta. And there’s literally no other way to get Tesla’s attention on it. I know I’m preaching to the choir in here. Just so frustrating, especially knowing that our FSD experience is going to be pretty inferior to newer cars (inevitable HW4 computer, permanent magnet motors, etc).
Maybe if anyone at the SC had told you why you were wasting your time, you might not have persisted and instead waited patiently for the invitation. I was one of the “lucky“ owners who got the cameras right away but it is increasingly obvious that getting the cameras is just another shiny object to distract us and shut up Musk’s Twitter pals. (The cameras announcement did work as far as shutting up his Twitter pals!)

Getting FSD beta is what matters and no one has a clue about that happening. Try hounding your SC on that issue and see how far it gets you. They will simply say it is a known issue being addressed by Fremont engineers and they have no way to provide any status updates. Swell.

Karpathy’s tweet last week suggesting we ”should” get FSD Beta plus the Holiday release only proves the lack of information at the highest levels of Tesla and how invisible we are.

Last edited:
Maybe if anyone at the SC had told you why you were wasting your time, you might not have persisted and instead waited patiently for the invitation. I was one of the “lucky“ owners who got the cameras right away but it is increasingly obvious that getting the cameras is just another shiny object to distract us and shut up Musk’s Twitter pals. Getting FSD beta is what matters and no one has a clue about that happening.
Sadly, I don’t have any patience for Tesla anymore.

We use our seat heaters daily & removing them from the main screen is a terrible idea!
During a cold spell I just turn my seat to low and leave it. I don't need to constantly turn it on/off or up/down. When my SO is in the car I turn hers on.

There are also simply voice commands. V11 Tesla Voice Commands
  • Set (XXX) Seat Heater to (YYY) XXX=[Driver/My] / Passenger / Rear Left / Rear Middle / Rear Right, YYY=1 / 2 / 3, Low / Medium / High, or off. When in Auto Mode, increases setting but isn't effective until auto is turned off
  • Set front seats to YYY YYY=1/2/3 or Low/Medium/High/Off
  • Set rear seats to YYY YYY=1/2/3 or Low/Medium/High/Off

got my camera upgrade last Tuesday on my mid 2017 MS. the ( the cameras) look reasonable, not as color rich as the rear one but they are color ( they see yellow and blue much better). took a few miles to get them calibrated EAP/NOA all work fine am on 44.6 ( got it just before the camera upgrade) .. Sooo.. I dug back through the thread.. has ANYONE gotten FSD , 10.8,10.7, 10,.6... in a car from 2016- 1018 with the upgrades?. still sitting on my 99 score too... just wondering..... no holiday update of any kind here ( my kid actually wants sonic) ,.... here's to hoping they switch me to FSD holiday up date , versus holiday up date , no FSD.

• Informative
got my camera upgrade last Tuesday on my mid 2017 MS. the ( the cameras) look reasonable, not as color rich as the rear one but they are color ( they see yellow and blue much better). took a few miles to get them calibrated EAP/NOA all work fine am on 44.6 ( got it just before the camera upgrade) .. Sooo.. I dug back through the thread.. has ANYONE gotten FSD , 10.8,10.7, 10,.6... in a car from 2016- 1018 with the upgrades?. still sitting on my 99 score too... just wondering..... no holiday update of any kind here ( my kid actually wants sonic) ,.... here's to hoping they switch me to FSD holiday up date , versus holiday up date , no FSD.
I have had the camera upgrade for 6 weeks. I am still on 2021.36.5.1. I have not seen anyone with a camera upgrade getting any updates, let alone an FSD update.

• Informative