Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great questions @Lowchrg - while the shiny new toy looks intriguing, it appears we may lose the ability to "drone" down the highway with at least a predictable version of AP - we know where it is likely to work and where it's likely to fail. Those that have beta FSD stress the need to constant and very strong alertness - not something I'm sure I'd want to do on a 4-hour drive, especially with random phantom braking. So maybe it's either beta FSD or manual driving for longer trips with the current state of software? Tough choice honestly.
Don’t want to derail the thread - but it’s not a FSD issue. More of a VO AP issue. FSD has no impact on freeway driving per se.

I got camera upgrade invite on Dec 9, scheduled service appointment for Dec 15 - got cancelled for no parts; rescheduled for today, Dec 30, - messaged service the list of part numbers numerous times, messaged them yesterday to get confirmation if parts were in - no response; I get to the service center today and told that triple cam is not in, promised to get notified when it arrives ///sigh
Did you rip them a new (moderator edit) That is inexcusable. I would demand to see the service manager and show the proof of the interactions you sent and were ignored. They need to know time is valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed 44.25.2 and I also have a headlight stuck on like this.

Reboot didn’t work and now trying a full power down to see if I can get it to turn off for the night..

If you find a solution please advise!

Edit: We may just need to be patient, see here: Left headlight always on after update

Yes, overnight the issue has resolved itself, but I would still like to check if all the blinkers are functioning properly. In the meantime I had created a service issue yesterday, and they have accepted the appointment for Jan 11th, I also asked to include two other things as part of the scheduled visit,

1. Model S Trunk Secondary Latch & Striker Recall
2. Camera Retrofit for FSD (No invite yet, and previous appointments asking for retrofit were cancelled stating I need to wait for invite)

Hope they have the parts needed for the retrofit and do it without the invite.

my car is downloading 2021.44.25.6 as I type this… RCCB cameras swapped in on 12/20
Congrats! Looks like a batch of ~500 vehicles were added to FSD Beta 10.8 just now including more camera retrofits! 🎉

Looks like your "mismatched" left pillar 1496707-S0-B and right pillar 1092307-00-G was not an issue. (scarelli had the "older" left 1092306-00-G installed, so that's not an issue either.)

Reactions: valem
Downloading 2021.44.25.6

Attachments

• 01954D53-DE10-43D9-94E4-F71FCDC2C824.jpeg
    01954D53-DE10-43D9-94E4-F71FCDC2C824.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Shateam
Looks like confirmation that these parts are good for X to get FSD Beta:
1642010-00-A LH Side Repeater
1642011-00-A RH Side Repeater
1120520-00-B Triple Cam
1092311-98-F LH Applique
1092312-98-F RH Applique
Downloading 2021.44.25.6
and…
The camera part numbers are the same as the S for inline triple cams and side repeater cams but the pillar cam part numbers are different.
RH - 1092312-98-F and LH - 1092311-98-F.
Incoming 10.8

Congrats to all who are finally receiving FSD Beta on our “legacy-legacy” cars.

So how does Tesla know which cars have received the camera retrofit and therefore can have beta pushed to their cars? Perhaps @appleguru knows the answer.
Good question since previous efforts to change the car’s camera profile (gateway camera configuration?) from RCCC to RCCB caused issues.

Apparently I spoke too soon / there may be more going on here... A few things to note:
1) The SC that did my camera upgrades did NOT change the autopilotcameratype gateway config setting. They left it at 1 (RCCC), which shows up in vitals as: cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCC_CAMERAS"

If the gateway config for autopilotcameratype is changed to 2 ( cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCB_CAMERAS" in vitals), everything seems to work fine for one drive... but subsequent drives go back to the APE "locking up" (no GPS, no autopilot, etc).

Given all this, I am VERY skeptical that we'll be getting FSD beta invites any time soon, even though we have the latest hardware (it seems like you already should have it if we would @technoz ). I hope I'm wrong.

Sitting here with a full RCCB retrofit done at the SC and a 100 safety score, no FSD beta invite yet.

Congrats to all who are finally receiving FSD Beta on our “legacy-legacy” cars.

So how does Tesla know which cars have received the camera retrofit and therefore can have beta pushed to their cars? Perhaps @appleguru knows the answer.
You'd think Tesla would have all the cars and parts in a database that would be validated against before sending the OTAs. And, of course, that assumes it is updated as you get service done for anything (halfshafts, latches, cameras, etc). Unclear if gateway config for autopilotcameratype needs to be changed during latest OTA install.

You'd think Tesla would have all the cars and parts in a database that would be validated against before sending the OTAs. And, of course, that assumes it is updated as you get service done for anything (halfshafts, latches, cameras, etc). Unclear if gateway config for autopilotcameratype needs to be changed during latest OTA install.
When my cameras were installed six weeks ago I recall the SC installer said gateway configuration could only be changed by engineers.

Congrats everyone! This is great news!

We can pretty much call this issue resolved after 2 and a half months.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in helping spread the word and make this issue known throughout the community and Tesla themselves. I have no doubt in my mind without all of our efforts there would still be no camera upgrades or beta pushed yet. Squeaky wheels get the oil.

Looking forward to continuing this thread with the thoughts and impressions on FSD Beta from owners of our “legacy” cars who have been waiting longer than anyone else.

Last edited:
Good question since previous efforts to change the car’s camera profile (gateway camera configuration?) from RCCC to RCCB caused issues.
Installing FSD beta now; will confirm if my gateway config was updated when it’s done.

With that said, the car does report camera types in its “vitals” output, which tesla logs. So they know who has RCCB cameras and who doesn’t, even if the config isn’t changed.