Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing FSD beta now; will confirm if my gateway config was updated when it’s done.

With that said, the car does report camera types in its “vitals” output, which tesla logs. So they know who has RCCB cameras and who doesn’t, even if the config isn’t changed.
Back when they let the ability to get into service mode I took screen pictures of all my options. Here is 1 of like 4 screens and this one shows RCCC.
Funny that my photos . google . com search for RCCC text parsed this picture and showed it in the list.
RlhsslN.jpg

Back when they let the ability to get into service mode I took screen pictures of all my options. Here is 1 of like 4 screens and this one shows RCCC.
Funny that my photos . google . com search for RCCC text parsed this picture and showed it in the list.
RlhsslN.jpg
Confirming that my car still has RCCC set for the camera config even now with FSD Beta 10.8 installed:

"cfg_autopilotcameratype": "RCCC_CAMERAS",

autopilotcameratype 1

So I suspect they're tracking it via the vitals data.

I just opted back into beta. Now I just need the camera update invite…

Guess I need to remember to drive like a grandma again too!
One of the best parts of getting FSD beta is the disappearance of Safety Score from the Tesla app.

I have had FSD beta on my Model 3 for a few months and frankly until the last two releases I turned it off when my wife was in the car. The software has improved a lot in the last two releases. It is now at a point I think you will find it worth the wait — not that it still doesn’t require interventions.

The car we just got the beta for, our 2016 S, is my wife’s primary car and I think she’ll even like using FSD though so far she won’t even use general release autopilot.

Reactions: Saxman and scarelli
Anyone with a legacy car used the beta yet? Does it seem similar to the beta experiences of people with 3/Y's?
There are several legacy S/X owners on FSD Beta. my personal favorite to watch is "AI DRIVR" on YouTube, I believe he has a 2017 or 2018 Model S 75D. As far as legacy S/X that required a camera upgrade, that just started rolling out yesterday. There's a user here who's also on Twitter (Shawn Carelli or https://mobile.twitter.com/shawncarelli (moderator edit)) who had been pretty vocal about camera retrofitted cars not getting FSD beta, and he finally got FSD beta 10.8 pushed to him last night, mere hours after getting the regular holiday update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Anyone with a legacy car used the beta yet? Does it seem similar to the beta experiences of people with 3/Y's?
After one drive FSD seems identical to my 3. (However it still puzzles me why Tesla chose to make the steering column controls so different between the two cars. I seldom drive the S and it takes a little while to adjust from my 3.)

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
This might sound stupid but WHY are they letting you opt in the Safety Score if you have not even been invited to CAM update?
It's obvious that when they started teasing us with the FSD button Tesla did not know yet we needed to upgrade cameras.

It's pretty obvious to me since they told me that all in needed to do FSD is MCU2/HW3 upgrade and subscribe to FSD (Hence wasting my time on SS and money on subscribing )

This might sound stupid but WHY are they letting you opt in the Safety Score if you have not even been invited to CAM update?
It's obvious that when they started teasing us with the FSD button Tesla did not know yet we needed to upgrade cameras.

It's pretty obvious to me since they told me that all in needed to do FSD is MCU2/HW3 upgrade and subscribe to FSD (Hence wasting my time on SS and money on subscribing )

I think it’s to prioritize those who actually want it.

Reactions: rob4448585
There now seem to be no evidence that opting in has sped up the camera upgrades which is what is holding up access to FSD beta

It seems almost everyone who received the camera upgrade was opted in for a very long time.

Some opted out may have slipped through if they opted out after Tesla took their info for the invites.

If you want to bypass the invite it seems you need to order the parts yourself and DIY but we need to hear from @technoz if that is a viable alternative since he DIY upgraded and waiting on beta.