Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Food for thought for the owner of the status G-sheet that the do conditional coloring for a couple of the date columns to make it easy to see the trend / groupings. ie.

AhZ90iT.jpg

Do we still need to drive like grandma (maintain a 99ish driving pattern) once we have FSD?
Safety Score is gone — it isn’t even in the Tesla app anymore — but there is a three strikes rule such that if you ignore the nags and lose AP/FSD access for a drive — and it happens three times, they will kick that car out of Beta. Not sure if you can ever get back in. Speed limit in FSD/AP is set to 80 and I forgot and manually accelerated past 80 a couple times on my 3, thereby losing AP/FSD for that single drive. But that kind of violation doesn’t seem to cause a strike. You can view strikes below the toggle to turn on FSD on the car and I have no strikes showing there. But people have been kicked out for ignoring the nags three times — and if you believe them — unjustifiably in a few situations.

So the answer is you will be able to drive like a granny — with a heavy foot!:) (You can of course exceed 80 if you aren’t in FSD/AP.)

Last edited:
woohoo! (not gloating, just excited after soooo much waiting, and grandma driving) just got it . and it is worth the wait. when you do get it. 44.25.6 you have to go into autopilot menu and turn a few things on, sign your life away, something about the car taking your first born to work on starship if you violate the terms, (JK on the last part). you just promise to be good, read all the warnings and then select it to be on , then turn on the wider visualization there, and I recommend setting the profile to medium or Chill (this is for the FSD mode not the acceleration) till you get used to it in your environment. it comes defaulted to medium. everything else in V11 is the same (I'm getting used to the small movements things made on our screens). I'm a 2017 MS 90D all updates accounted for , got cameras two weeks ago, and feelling like im a 2020 MS pre refresh!. looks like this version is the best of the bunch so far. I'll put it through its paces in some of my classic autopilot challenge spots and report back. hang in there folks, there is light at the end of the tunnel for us legacy people!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add more data points to the query:
(Edit - 12/2016 MX 90D with FSD and 6/2020 MCU 2.0/FSD 3.0 Upgrade)
  • Initial opt-in: FSD Beta Button Launch date
  • Opt-out: Elon’s “your car doesn’t have the right camera” tweet date
  • Opt-back-in: “Just kidding, we’ll upgrade your cameras for free soon” tweet date
  • Upgrade Invite (via app): 12/9/21
  • Completed Install: 12/30/21
  • FSD Beta Software: Pending
Maintained 98+ first go around, and 100 second go around with 1500+ SS mi.

Currently on 2021.44.6, so hoping for the 25.2 > 25.6 path soon.

Welp now that I know beta is being pushed and it seems the software recognizes when new hardware installed I’m going to begin accumulating the parts to upgrade on my own and see what happens.

Either I get beta sooner than months later or I wasted $500 and a few hours of my time.

Let’s roll the dice :cool:

Hey All,

I have a 2017 90D. I still haven’t received an email for the “invite” to get my cameras upgraded. I have made numerous service appointments, all of which have been canceled of course. How do I get an invite?
I have FSD, MCU2, 99 SS, but all I hear is crickets!
You could try what I did… order the parts from your local SC, and once they arrive ask them to install them for you (meaning you get them for free and they do the install work).

Generally, you don’t pay for parts until you pick them up, so I don’t really see a downside to this approach other than you not getting to keep the original cameras… I’d even let the SC know your plan!

(And if for some reason they don’t want to/can’t do that, you can always pay for the parts and DIY install them as planned).

You could try what I did… order the parts from your local SC, and once they arrive ask them to install them for you (meaning you get them for free and they do the install work).

Generally, you don’t pay for parts until you pick them up, so I don’t really see a downside to this approach other than you not getting to keep the original cameras… I’d even let the SC know your plan!

(And if for some reason they don’t want to/can’t do that, you can always pay for the parts and DIY install them as planned).

Pretty slick trick but not sure I’m willing to risk that if they do end up making me pay. I picked up a full swap for under $500 from a 2019 parts car and gonna see if it takes. The part numbers for the pillar cams are a bit older F revision without NFC but it seems all that matters is the RCCB camera sending vitals.

If anything this will just confirm for others who might have the same idea whether it works or not.

From my reading, the triple cam requires a software update to initialize (makes sense that all beta vehicles went to 25.2 before 25.6 to confirm camera configuration before pushing beta? Some never got a software update after the retro) so I’ll be waiting for when the next software update is ready before installing the triple cam. Repeaters and pillars will be swapped immediately.

I got the invite during the December 9th batch and had it get pushed back multiple times due to parts not available. Most recently was pushed all way back to February 1st over a month out
My appointment has been pushed several times since early December and now to 1/12
I have a work trip coming up and asked if by any chance they could move it to 1/5 (they had open appt on that day)
They replied that they are still waiting on parts so they can't :(

At least today I did get 25.2 straight from 5.6 ... I kind of do like the changes so far.

2017 S75D

Got cameras installed 12/28,
25.2 on 12/29
25.6 on 12/30
98 score, always in fsd opt-in from day 1

Just one drive, I thought I lost it after 20 min of driving but did not see any FSD strikes, or had any big warnings except the "hold wheel" white halo message, but after a while, I realized it goes to NOA on the highway and back to FSD in the city.

Had to put it in chill mode, and it's decent, on medium it was racing corners and would speed up, and slow like a drunk road rager.

The only thing I can add is the HDMI input box does not affect it so that is nice!

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Pretty slick trick but not sure I’m willing to risk that if they do end up making me pay. I picked up a full swap for under $500 from a 2019 parts car and gonna see if it takes. The part numbers for the pillar cams are a bit older F revision without NFC but it seems all that matters is the RCCB camera sending vitals.

If anything this will just confirm for others who might have the same idea whether it works or not.

From my reading, the triple cam requires a software update to initialize (makes sense that all beta vehicles went to 25.2 before 25.6 to confirm camera configuration before pushing beta? Some never got a software update after the retro) so I’ll be waiting for when the next software update is ready before installing the triple cam. Repeaters and pillars will be swapped immediately.
I don’t think there were any camera FW updates, but will try and confirm for you. What makes you think there was?